Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Cribbs is like a school buiding in summer

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Cribbs is like a school buiding in summer

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:15 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Cribbs is like a school buiding in summer

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Just amazing that someone who spends so much time trying to make the fans love him could be so stupid.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:29 pm

This is neither shocking nor disappointing to me really.

Millionaire athletes who play here but hail from a different part of the country have more in common with each other than they ever will with us. Some hide it better and aren't so vacuous but expecting these guys to choose us over each other is just not something I can do after the last 35 years of seeing it.

Social media just brings it to light. Yeah, you'd hope that some people would get it and wouldn't be so dumb as to use Gilbert's seats as a photo opp w/the one guy that makes Gilbert violently sick, but...dude's a kick returner and a gunner and not much more.

YMMV
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:This is neither shocking nor disappointing to me really.

Millionaire athletes who play here but hail from a different part of the country have more in common with each other than they ever will with us. Some hide it better and aren't so vacuous but expecting these guys to choose us over each other is just not something I can do after the last 35 years of seeing it.

Social media just brings it to light. Yeah, you'd hope that some people would get it and wouldn't be so dumb as to use Gilbert's seats as a photo opp w/the one guy that makes Gilbert violently sick, but...dude's a kick returner and a gunner and not much more.

YMMV

If I owned a team, I wouldn't let anyone who scored under a 24 on the Wonderlich tweet.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 pm

swerb wrote:If I owned a team, I wouldn't let anyone who scored under a 24 on the Wonderlich tweet.

That would free up a substantial amount of capacity on Twitter for sure.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Disappointed my tweets didn't make the article.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 pm

We really need to get over it. Guys who were friendly to LeBron before are going to be friendly with him after. Cribbs doesn't owe us anything other than his best effort. He certainly doesn't owe us dictation of who he is and isn't bois with.

Suck it up and deal.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:We really need to get over it. Guys who were friendly to LeBron before are going to be friendly with him after. Cribbs doesn't owe us anything other than his best effort. He certainly doesn't owe us dictation of who he is and isn't bois with.

Suck it up and deal.

Like JC did about signing a contract, eh?

I don't owe Josh Cribbs anything either. I hope his toes heel croocked and he looks like a lizzard on the beach for the rest of his life. So there.

The point is he took TMLP's gift -- that's right, gift. He knows the bad blood, and then he boi's it up with TMLP's enemy in a sad attempt to ramora.

Like I said, no class.

I hope TMLP yanks his FatHead gig and fires him in a comic sans email to his agent.

I'm sure he'll suck that up just fine, and get over it, too.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I get what Herm's saying. But JB nails it.

Just a stupid, no-class move. Stupid more than anything.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm

That's Dan Gilbert's problem, JB, not mine. And Dan Gilbert has bigger problems than the ingratitude of people he gives free tickets to. Like, putting together a basketball team that doesn't set league records for futility.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:27 pm

The argument I could make is, that, when ledouche showed up to your house to watch you play, he was rocking rival colors.

why, if you were a member of the Browns would you even want to speak another word to that guy?

I like Josh, and I won't go Scott Raab on him, just think it's sort of stupid to be associated with a guy who's probably the biggest sports villian in cleveland history.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby hiko » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:29 pm

peeker643 wrote:This is neither shocking nor disappointing to me really.

YMMV

Millionaire athletes who play here but hail from anywhere on Earth (even if they grew up down the street and your mom and his mom were both on the Welcome Wagon together back in the 80's) have more in common with each other than they ever will with us.

It's dumb, but Joshy never struck me as a MENSA candidate. Frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn. He can be BFF's with whomever he wants. Just help the team win.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Its not about BFF...its about being 24 and still so stupid and naive that you don't see the disrepect....unless the disrespect was intentional which I think was the case...and my qualifier is totaly lack of giving a rats ass about the Cavs

Either way, he's a dumbass who has underperformed since he got paid, now thinks he is a WR, to the detriment of the team, and likely will have a hissy fit when he eventualy goes back to playing the only positions that suit his talent...as stated above
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Triple-S wrote:
why, if you were a member of the Browns would you even want to speak another word to that guy? .

SSS, you, or anyone else on these boards for that matter, has a POV so far from Cribbs that the difference is measured in light years. It just doesn't compute. These cats just don't think like Joe Fan. It makes no sense to attempt to impart home town feelings on a pro athlete.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 am

MRS_ONE_SIX got in on the act (Mrs Cribbs)

“@JoshCribbs16 Why don't u just tell everyone to kiss ur (expletive)!! Ur a grown (expletive) man&can like who u damn well please!!”

“@JoshCribbs16 Misery loves company!! Learn to pay no mind to miserable folks and what they have to say!!”

“@JoshCribbs16 Oh yeah their just mad that they're not YOU or Lebron!! LMBAO!! Hehehe”

“He can do what the [expletive] he want to!! Just know that!! RT @cavs3125: @MRS_ONE_SIX he can like whoever he wants but don't take pics of bron and says he's your boy while in gilberts seats. Not smart.”

“If u don't like what me or my husband @joshcribbs16 have to say DON'T [expletive] FOLLOW US”

Sounds like someone is playing the Mrs Boozer role in that relationship. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who told Joshie to go into the Walruses office before the seat got warm and demand more coin.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby hiko » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

God, I hate Twitter.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 pm

hiko wrote:God, I hate Twitter.