Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Anyone ever been here?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Anyone ever been here?

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Anyone ever been here?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Somehow, I have never been to Whiskey Island. Looks like a good reason to finally get there.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Little put off by all th whining dog morons in the comments, but I'm still gonn atry it this summer.

I hate people who think their uncontrollable stupid dogs should be in your face.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Ha, the old Sawmill? Nothing special. My brother worked there wayyyy back as his first semi-competent restaurant job. He now manages Lola's lunch service. Oh yeah, um the place when I went there was nothing more then a burger bar. A place for the marina patrons to eat and volleyball players to get drunk.

At the time my bro worked there they were trying to make it a nicer place. Don't know if they succeeded. Seems they have changed the name several times, which usually means they changed exec chefs a few times, which usually means bleh.

btw I don't think the county owned the property at that time. I'm sure they aren't lighting the place on fire now that it does.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Acriumpa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 am

swerb wrote:

Somehow, I have never been to Whiskey Island. Looks like a good reason to finally get there.

Yeah!
Acriumpa

Favorite Player: Colt McCoy
Least Favorite Player: Shawn Lauvao

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Have went over a handful of times this past summer. Never made a Krusty's yet though. Pretty good time up there on nice weather Sundays. Did a sand volleyball league on the courts over on the eastern end.

Some decent scenery around there too. I was pleasantly surprised.

The dog stuff isn't bad at all. For the most part everyone is really chill too.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry