Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

easiest schedule... ever?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

easiest schedule... ever?

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 pm

This crap makes 2007 look like the 70's AFCC.

I may have to ammend my dire predictions for 2011.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/2011-opponents.html
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: easiest schedule... ever?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

SUPER BOWL

(Doesn't take much to get me back on the bandwagon.)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 pm

So Walrus and his boys should have no problem outperforming Mangini's 5 wins, right?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 pm

It looks like the Browns might be...Out Of Luck!

:lmfao:

Get it? See what I did there?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Maybe I'm just thoroughly pessimistic right now, still not seeing more than 5 wins as a likely scenario.....but maybe even that is a big improvement on what I may have been thinking....
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Squints » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Far be it from me to say that the Browns website is wrong, but I have a raised eyebrow.

When we last played the nfc west ('07) we played Seattle here (ot win) and AZ on the road (Winslow pushed ob in the endzone). The website has the same road/home match-up. I would think each match-up would rotate home/road, like it has every year since the current division format has been set. The other two nfc match-ups have rotated. Is there a new rotation set-up, turning my world upside down??

The beauty about the nfl schedule is you know next years opponents, home and away, the moment the previous season ends. Hell, 14 of the 16 opponents are preset every year anyway.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby hiko » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 am

Squints wrote:Far be it from me to say that the Browns website is wrong, but I have a raised eyebrow.

When we last played the nfc west ('07) we played Seattle here (ot win) and AZ on the road (Winslow pushed ob in the endzone). The website has the same road/home match-up. I would think each match-up would rotate home/road, like it has every year since the current division format has been set. The other two nfc match-ups have rotated. Is there a new rotation set-up, turning my world upside down??

The beauty about the nfl schedule is you know next years opponents, home and away, the moment the previous season ends. Hell, 14 of the 16 opponents are preset every year anyway.

I believe you're right - it should be AZ and STL at home and SEA and SF on the road.

Thus, we'll get to witness the prophetic Derek Anderson coming into town and "rolling" us.

The schedule looks OK, but if the CBA mess rolls into late August the Browns will have a hard time beating anyone.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby General » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 am

Now if we can just get that pesky AFC North off our schedule.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 am

General wrote:Now if we can just get that pesky AFC North off our schedule.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenoooooooooo! What is up?

The bengals are in a state right now. Huge drop off after 2009. Which knowing that franchise means 11 wins is in the cards for 2011. :bunny:

I tell you that B-more is entering a phase of good but not great unless they pull a stunner in April. Beatable. They shot their wad, came up short, and the D just gets older and older abd older. They used to have stud after stud on the field. Now it is a few aging stars, two very good players on D in Gnata & Suggs, and a bunch of bondo.

The Inbred remains the problem. But as a whole, I think the AFCN is on a downward trend. No harder than most divisions.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby hiko » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 am

jb wrote:

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenoooooooooo! What is up?

The bengals are in a state right now. Huge drop off after 2009. Which knowing that franchise means 11 wins is in the cards for 2011. :bunny:

I tell you that B-more is entering a phase of good but not great unless they pull a stunner in April. Beatable. They shot their wad, came up short, and the D just gets older and older abd older. They used to have stud after stud on the field. Now it is a few aging stars, two very good players on D in Gnata & Suggs, and a bunch of bondo.

The Inbred remains the problem. But as a whole, I think the AFCN is on a downward trend. No harder than most divisions.

I tend to agree, except the idea that Cincy will win 11 - they always have at LEAST 3 years between winning seasons, you're talking about a team with 2 winning seasons since 1990. As bad as the Browns have been, they have 3 since '90, and that's with missing 3 years and expansion.

So even if you lose the 4 games to PIT and BAL every year (which they usually do), the Browns can still compete for a playoff spot in this division if they actually formed a team that wasn't ass.
hiko

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 pm

I'd like to see the Browns step up and win games in the division, and at least finish .500 in that area. Easier said than done? Yeah. But lately the only thing the Browns have been able to do is either pull off a freak of nature upset against the Rats or Steelers and/or split the season series with the Bengals.

Would be nice to at the very least take the season series from the Bengals, and get a game from the Rats or Steelers. Easier said than done? You bet, but it would go along way in improving this team.

Also, you should be able to win at home from here on out. You know what our records at home have been since we've came back into the league?

2010-3
2009-3
2008-1
2007-7
2006-2
2005-4
2004-3
2003-2
2002-3
2001-3
2000-2
1999-0

33-63, an average of 2.75 games a year at home. .343 percent. Only twice have the Browns finished with a record above or at .500 at home. Pathetic. That needs to stop.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Magic Brownies » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 pm

hiko wrote:
Squints wrote:Far be it from me to say that the Browns website is wrong, but I have a raised eyebrow.

I believe you're right - it should be AZ and STL at home and SEA and SF on the road.

Thus, we'll get to witness the prophetic Derek Anderson coming into town and "rolling" us.

The schedule looks OK, but if the CBA mess rolls into late August the Browns will have a hard time beating anyone.

Rule Change Last year....... Which is why your world is upside down and we travel to "Dereks House" to get rolled..... or something like that :spar:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d70273/article/opponents-determined-for-the-2011-season
Beginning in 2010, a change was made to how teams are paired in the schedule rotation to ensure that teams playing the AFC and NFC West divisions would not be required to make two west coast trips (e.g. at San Francisco and at Seattle), while other teams in their division had none (e.g. at St. Louis and at Arizona). The pairings of teams are listed in the 2010 NFL Record and Fact Book (pages 16-19).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_regular_season
Ideally, it also secures alternating home and away games, but in some instances this goal has been set aside for other scheduling priorities (for example the Seahawks played both at Cleveland and at Pittsburgh in 2007 and will be on the road against both teams again in 2011[2] [3] (as well as being at home against Cincinnati and Baltimore both years as well).
Magic Brownies

Favorite Player: Run for the Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Rapistberger

Unread postby hiko » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Magic Brownies wrote:
hiko wrote:

Rule Change Last year....... Which is why your world is upside down and we travel to "Dereks House" to get rolled..... or something like that :spar:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d70273/article/opponents-determined-for-the-2011-season
Beginning in 2010, a change was made to how teams are paired in the schedule rotation to ensure that teams playing the AFC and NFC West divisions would not be required to make two west coast trips (e.g. at San Francisco and at Seattle), while other teams in their division had none (e.g. at St. Louis and at Arizona). The pairings of teams are listed in the 2010 NFL Record and Fact Book (pages 16-19).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_regular_season
Ideally, it also secures alternating home and away games, but in some instances this goal has been set aside for other scheduling priorities (for example the Seahawks played both at Cleveland and at Pittsburgh in 2007 and will be on the road against both teams again in 2011[2] [3] (as well as being at home against Cincinnati and Baltimore both years as well).

Thank you for that info. Not a quality rule change, in my opinion, but the NFL is nothing if not reactionary.

Dammit, I wanted to watch DA as he signalled in the plays from the sidelines.
hiko

Unread postby Squints » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

DA got the rule changed, so he wouldn't have to come here and cry when he gets booed.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby gameface » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh JB, you MFing jinxer. For the man who coined TCE, you ought to know better.

You just guarnateed that Miami, SF, Seattle, and every other supposed cupcake on that schedule will pull a Tampa KC turnaround. They'll all have out of their minds draft luck, no injuries, and a trainload of good karma siphoned off from you know who.

And just to top it all off, you predict that the AFC North is now just another division. And God drops another ton of metalflake good luck glitter all over Pittz and the Charmless City.

Dumb ass. ; )

(Nice job on the Bengals though. Cinci say thanks for nothing.)
gameface

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:09 pm

gameface wrote:Oh JB, you MFing jinxer. For the man who coined TCE, you ought to know better.

You just guarnateed that Miami, SF, Seattle, and every other supposed cupcake on that schedule will pull a Tampa KC turnaround. They'll all have out of their minds draft luck, no injuries, and a trainload of good karma siphoned off from you know who.

And just to top it all off, you predict that the AFC North is now just another division. And God drops another ton of metalflake good luck glitter all over Pittz and the Charmless City.

Dumb ass. ; )

(Nice job on the Bengals though. Cinci say thanks for nothing.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus 1 x 10 to the 99th power
:pop: :pop: :cheers: :pop:
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 pm

God bless you, NFC West.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:44 am

Dude, you been watchin the trilogy?

Saw 3 again last night
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am

That schedule has 'so close' written all over it

8 maybe 9 wins if we get a bit of luck.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 pm

5 games against 2010 winning teams: Pitts, Baltimore, Indy
2 games against 8-8 teams: Jax, Oakland
9 games against losers: Cincy, Miami, Houston, Tenny, and the whole NFC West.

Not bad at all. The three west coast games will be tough, however (I'm counting Arizona as west coast), due to the travel and time change. Oakland seems to be on the upswing.

Indy might be vulnerable even though they were 10-6, but that was against a weak division. Their defense gave up 388 points, 56 more than the Browns. That could be a high scoring game.

I'm sure some of those losers will be winners next year like KC and Tampa last year. Still, getting New England, the Jets, the Saints, Atlanta, and Tampa off the schedule is good. The biggest difference is the QBs we face - no Brady, Brees, or Ryan this year. I don't see one QB that scares me among the teams we play that didn't have winning records. If Palmer leaves Cincy, that's so much the better.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Meanwhile, Cardinal and 49er fans are looking at CLEVELAND on their schedules and saying, "Hey, that's one we can get."
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby hiko » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Meanwhile, Cardinal and 49er fans are looking at CLEVELAND on their schedules and saying, "Hey, that's one we can get."

Well, no shit.
hiko

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL