Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I feel you on that, I really do, but I just don't get why you listen daily to a radio show when you can get better opinions on any number of message boards.

Occasional breaking news + guests. Mostly content.

I tune into ABAO as well. I dig Bruce & Chuck.

The local nobodies who do small radio are worse than most of the mass forum OBR threads and aren't entertaining.

It's just tases dude. No accounting for it. I just mix in a lil sattalite NFL network and mad dog radio plus Romie for my national mix. A few hours a week does it for me.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 am

Word.

I guess more than anything I'm concerned about when you are getting in your time to scope new beats. We can't have you gettin stale.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:06 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Whatever. Some people like 'Glee' too.

Can I ask why you like tRBS? What do you learn? What's entertaining? I'm asking seriously because I can't find it and maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Is it the train wreck element or the fact Rizzo talks for hours and says nothing?

:pop:

Let me ask you this: Why do you get involved with TCF instead of espn.

Because I'm not good enough to work for ESPN or I'd be Brian McWindhorst faster than it takes you to order a beer with dinner. I wouldn't look like Fat Bastard though.

I listen to what I listen to because I like to be entertained. WhytF would I listen to local stuff that's pathetic because they mention more names I know and because they hit on the same tired three issues every effing day? And to have shows led by guys that are either Steeler fans or that need two tools who know dick just to argue occasional points?

You've gotta be kidding me man. Seriously, you have got to be effing kidding me?

It's also the same reason you won't find me at Mahoning Valley the same night I have tickets to an Indians game. I want the better entertainment option that involves a higher level of professionalism.

That's it.

You listen to minor league radio because they argue about Jake Delhomme v. Seneca Wallace.

From now on I'm calling you cable access. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:43 pm

You listen to minor league radio because they argue about Jake Delhomme v. Seneca Wallace.

Which is infinately more relevant and entertaining to me than fretting about Brett Favre's pee pee images and Heat-a-mania, not to mention any Colin Cowherd take ever. . But you enjoy that. I'll take this any day:

jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Word.

I guess more than anything I'm concerned about when you are getting in your time to scope new beats. We can't have you gettin stale.

Hitting blogs that backbay residents posted links to in the past?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:57 pm

jb wrote:

Which is infinately more relevant and entertaining to me than fretting about Brett Favre's pee pee images and Heat-a-mania, not to mention any Colin Cowherd take ever. . But you enjoy that. I'll take this any day:

Different strokes I guess.

I don't listen to Cowherd which is the entire point jb. I pick and choose the most entertaining sports shows out there because the hosts work, are funny, have a clue, are smart and have tremendous guests.

You listen to shit only because the call letters are Cleveland. Why dontcha just go down the dial when a Steeler fan and the shittiest talk show host ever are talking Cavs (aka R&R) or when a lazy drunk who never gave a shit hires two ignorant assholes to argue with each other on the what only in Cleveland can be called the Really Big Show?? You have one option and one option only locally and you're fine with that? That attitude is probably why there's only one option. ;-) ;) :wink:

Like going to Cleveland State when you have a free ride to Vanderbilt. :hide:

You don't get any more perspective, information or breaking news on those stations. That's bullshit. And there's nothing that won't be here or twitter or any other show worth a shit two seconds after you hear it there.

No sense arguing about it. It's fine. That's what you like that's all good. I don't feel a whole lot dumber for NOT listening to local radio. Kinda the opposite really.

:salute:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

All I'm sayin. Now take ur talents to Southeastern Ohio.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm

jb wrote:

All I'm sayin. Now take ur talents to Southeastern Ohio.

Crushing news on that front yesterday. The old man who let us hunt died at 88.

I'm gonna miss that old land....err... man.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 pm

jb wrote:

But the guys who constantly talk this stuff JB, are the national versions of.....Tony Rizzo.

Again, too much to ask to put 10 minutes of work into your show.

I hear ya JB, there are MORE guys nationally who are as worthless and Rizz, Roda, Brinda etc. The difference is you can find guys who take a little pride, and put a little work into the show.

I've pimped LeBatard on here, and it's of course subjective, but a good example. That is Lebatard, perhaps because he takes so much pride in his writing - takes pride in his show. He's very concious of not taking the "easy road" and doing the usual garbage sports radio. For example, the "Fake pre-game Show" he has, where he refuses to just give nonsense opinions on 15 games each week, avoiding the per usual extremely lazy radio. Move over to the dial here for Browns pre-game. You've got a couple jokers, who tell you in advance, and during the segment, that they aren't good at picking games, and they don't know much about some of them - then proceed to take over an hour of the show....going over the games. Imagine that thinking in any other disipline. Would you come hear me speak about the works of Shakespeare, if I admitted going in I merely browsed a couple sections?

Then you could turn it over to Rizzo for Browns pre-game, where in week 16, as Wallace was clearly placing himself among the best receivers in the league, you could here Rizzo refer to him as, "That really fast guy from the Steelers" Ever here of Aaaron Rodgers, Rizz? Brutal. And not the least bit funny by the way, even though he tries hard to be.

I don't listen to Cleveland Sports radio because it's HORRIBLE. And nobody puts any GD work into it. I, like you, would rather be tuned in locally - but nobody is affording me that luxury.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Loo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:12 pm

Ken Carman on 1350 is a MUCH better option than R&R--Carman doesn't have too many CLE contacts for breaking news, but he stays up to date, he actually interacts, appreciates and listens to the callers and has the CLE and AK-Kent coverage combined. Much better show.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 am

Loo wrote:Ken Carman on 1350 is a MUCH better option than R&R--Carman doesn't have too many CLE contacts for breaking news, but he stays up to date, he actually interacts, appreciates and listens to the callers and has the CLE and AK-Kent coverage combined. Much better show.

+1
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 am

I think it boils down to, we are creatures of habit.

We grew up in a time when the shows took callers, listened to callers, argued with callers, disagreed with callers, changed the mind of callers, or changed their mind because the callers were right.

Now it's all about the "talent" behind the mic. What he thinks.

Now, we have Hammer complaining "The callers bring the show down." And his playing hip hop trying to make the young adult demographic interested. Here's a clue. They're not going to be interested in Ctown sports until at least one team doesn't suck. Unless they were raised in it and stuck with it, they're not going to tune n because of some 5 year old bumper music.

We have Rome taking callers who rehearsed their "take" the night before, when they're done he hangs up and gives his schpeal. It's not so much about sports as it is who can pull the best insults. The weeks leading up to the "Smack-off" are disgusting.

We have Reggi, hanging up on anybody who doesn't agree with them, or not taking their calls in the first place.

Roda is better at arguing and considering what the caller says, as is Brinda. Old school, but they go off on tangents, and Greg plays the doom and gloom card so much you don't want to ever think about Cleveland sports ever again.

It's like that on the national level too. How many national shows take calls? M&M? DP? Tony Bruno use to, don't know if he still does. His show has more characters than the RBS, and sports is often an afterthought when I have listened.

Maybe we're just old fashioned. Maybe all this Rover Maxwell Stern Hammer bullshit is the way of the future.
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 am

I clicked it off today.

I just kept hearing the three of them ledging because they didn't hire an OC this year :rolleyes:.

Look, I could give a shit at this point whether or not an OC is in place right now. If this was march? yeah, I'd be really, really concerned, but it's not. And, if what I'm assuming is correct, they are probably waiting for a certain team in yellow and green to finish up the season next week.

BTW, Rover/Maxwell are terribly, terribly unfunny, not even passing for listenable in the least bit. I recall once they were talking about taking a deuce on air and going on about it, and not making it the least bit funny.

Zumock is good in the afternoon, as the guys a comedian and from the area, seems to get it, but Cox I'm not all that big on myself.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Spin wrote:I think it boils down to, we are creatures of habit.

We grew up in a time when the shows took callers, listened to callers, argued with callers, disagreed with callers, changed the mind of callers, or changed their mind because the callers were right.

Now, we have Hammer complaining "The callers bring the show down." And his playing hip hop trying to make the young adult demographic interested. Here's a clue. They're not going to be interested in Ctown sports until at least one team doesn't suck. Unless they were raised in it and stuck with it, they're not going to tune n because of some 5 year old bumper music.

We have Rome taking callers who rehearsed their "take" the night before, when they're done he hangs up and gives his schpeal. It's not so much about sports as it is who can pull the best insults. The weeks leading up to the "Smack-off" are disgusting.

We have Reggi, hanging up on anybody who doesn't agree with them, or not taking their calls in the first place.

Roda is better at arguing and considering what the caller says, as is Brinda. Old school, but they go off on tangents, and Greg plays the doom and gloom card so much you don't want to ever think about Cleveland sports ever again.

It's like that on the national level too. How many national shows take calls? M&M? DP? Tony Bruno use to, don't know if he still does. His show has more characters than the RBS, and sports is often an afterthought when I have listened.

Maybe we're just old fashioned. Maybe all this Rover Maxwell Stern Hammer bullshit is the way of the future.

I think you may well be rigght, Spin. As much as I enjoy Rome, I wish he'd be the one and only. He really changed the game. But almost no national shows take callers. Not patrick, not Cowherd. The mad dog radio guys do, but overall, I thnk you are correct and this is likely generational.

We grew up on Pete.
jb

Unread postby hiko » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Spin wrote:I think it boils down to, we are creatures of habit.

This boils down exactly why I hate Rome and the army of shows that emulate him. His interviews are actually very good, but everything else about the show is - to me - unlistenable verbal self-fellatio.

It's schtick, an act. The actual sports discussion is at a minumum.

But that's the BSPN sports world we live in today.

I want a new drug.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Damn guys, you continue to bring outstanding takes to this thread. Keep my hanging on and 100% agreement across the board.

I quit listening to RBS about a year ago after being a constant listener. Just stinks anymore and Rizz is shockingly lazy in prep. Caught 1350 recently and have to say I am intrigued at least. Remains to be seen how that will hold and it's difficult for me to reach most times.

The "Talent" vs. "True direction of a show" debate I completely am on board with and position me in the latter's corner. Shame... I grew up over the past 15+years on Cleveland radio and now I couldn't care less about what it's bringing.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 am

Someone said this upthread already, but the talent/direction of the show debate is pointless in this case. These guys have no talent. Talent means you can carry on a show without callers, have it be entertaining and informative. Keep me attentive. These guys cannot do that, they are the polar opposite.

When tRBS started it was different, however the show became a caricature of itself, and is now very hard to listen too.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Rome makes a strategic move by having Colt McCoy on in the first hour. People tweeting to Rome and bitching. Most say they cant pick up weak 1540 signal and are gonna listen to 1350.

I anticipate Rome doing more of this w/ other Cleveland guests just to prove a point.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Rome makes a strategic move by having Colt McCoy on in the first hour. People tweeting to Rome and bitching. Most say they cant pick up weak 1540 signal and are gonna listen to 1350.

I anticipate Rome doing more of this w/ other Cleveland guests just to prove a point.

The bad news for Rome is he just ran out of Cleveland athletes/sports personalities that people give a shit about. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:Rome makes a strategic move by having Colt McCoy on in the first hour. People tweeting to Rome and bitching. Most say they cant pick up weak 1540 signal and are gonna listen to 1350.

The bad news for Rome is he just ran out of Cleveland athletes/sports personalities that people give a shit about. ;-) ;) :wink:

DAMMIT,and here I was hoping that Manny Harris would be getting some Jungle Karma
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Reghi and Roda needs to be kicked to the curb, and bad.

I kept hearing Roda get all pissed that the roethlisberger story was indeed a story, and telling all the listeners that it "Wasn't worth talking about" on air.

See, this is the problem. I don't agree/disagree with the fact that it's a non-story, but to take off the table for discussion on A SPORTS TALK SHOW, is lame.

if the listeners feel it's a story, then talk about it. And then I get to hear within the same amount of time Roda and some toolbag from Canton drool over Roethlisberger and his stats.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Triple-S wrote:Reghi and Roda needs to be kicked to the curb, and bad.

Why?

All you boys who love local radio keep listening. :hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:Why?

All you boys who love local radio keep listening. :hide:

CD player skips in my car, otherwise I'd have been listening to some tunes durng that garbage.

also, the pat o'brien show on 1350 that airs in place of Ken Carmen sometimes, is awful.

Triple-S

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 pm

^^Cause were Clevelanders and we live to complain about shit.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Orenthal wrote:^^Cause were Clevelanders and we live to complain about shit.

plus that.

Triple-S

Unread postby hiko » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Triple-S wrote:also, the pat o'brien show on 1350 that airs in place of Ken Carmen sometimes, is awful.

Truly, he is. He brings less to the table than a dead waiter.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Still don't understand how he got that gig. What's the dudes experience? anchoring the NBA/NCAA Finals? So has Greg Gumbel and Bob Costas, and both I don't want to hear on the radio.

I did listen to some of that MadDog radio sirius channel in a friends car this morning, and I must say, I was impressed. Sounded like the hosts did their homework, knew what they were talking about, and let the callers call in and state their take. They also appeared to not have a schtick, nor did they go off-topic and talk about their personal life or about stupid pop culture-reality shows.

This is all I ask from a Sports Talk Show in Cleveland, and it's really, really easy to do.

Hell, I will tell you how good they were at it, they got me to listen to a full debate of which QB was better, Bradshaw or Roethlisberger?

Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:28 pm

2 1/2 hours of listening bliss. Tues or Thursday are great. Didn't listen to Wednesday's yet.

Can lead you water but can't make you listen to decent shit.

http://www.790theticket.com/Episodes.aspx?PID=1206

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:2 1/2 hours of listening bliss. Tues or Thursday are great. Didn't listen to Wednesday's yet.

Gotta thank you and LP there Peek. I spend 1.5 hrs a day in my car and it's what I listen to. It's jumped Carolla and Simmons as my first choice.

It's incredible that Ctown radio can't have a show like this. Lebatard and Stugotz (who is hilarious) actually listening to what each other has to say, not interrupting, and then responding to it. Waiting for a caller to finish before talking. Not having stupid/annoying opinions just to be "provacative" or whatever the hell it is Goldhammer and Fedor are trying to accomplish. Understanding that it is radio and therefore pointless to have a functioning retard on air because she once got banged by Brandon McDonald.

Hell, even the bumper music is way better, interesting, and funny. Love the OG rap with the funny bits in there.

I was laughing my ass off on the way home yesterday listening to them talk about Stugotz's ping pong prowess.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people continue to turn on KNR. This is so far and away superior, just in terms of entertainment value.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:2 1/2 hours of listening bliss. Tues or Thursday are great. Didn't listen to Wednesday's yet.

Gotta thank you and LP there Peek. I spend 1.5 hrs a day in my car and it's what I listen to. It's jumped Carolla and Simmons as my first choice.

It's incredible that Ctown radio can't have a show like this. Lebatard and Stugotz (who is hilarious) actually listening to what each other has to say, not interrupting, and then responding to it. Waiting for a caller to finish before talking. Not having stupid/annoying opinions just to be "provacative" or whatever the hell it is Goldhammer and Fedor are trying to accomplish. Understanding that it is radio and therefore pointless to have a functioning retard on air because she once got banged by Brandon McDonald.

Hell, even the bumper music is way better, interesting, and funny. Love the OG rap with the funny bits in there.

I was laughing my ass off on the way home yesterday listening to them talk about Stugotz's ping pong prowess.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people continue to turn on KNR. This is so far and away superior, just in terms of entertainment value.

Exactly. Information is cheap. Anything that KNR will have I'll know 45 seconds later even if those a-holes shock the world and break it. I listen to be entertained. This is simply better beyond a single doubt IMO. I'm gonna listen to a Steeler fan argue with a drunken fuck stick that speaks in nothing but cliche's and won't listen to a single dissenting call through its duration?

Sounds excellent. :thumb up:

Listening to the ping pong one now.

They have pride and talent. That's the difference. Two very small differences. ;-) ;) :wink:

LeBatard was almost beside himself over the guests he had Tuesday given media row at the Super Bowl is in full swing. He was serious. That he had Ron McGill is good enough for me any day but with that guy being a Miami guy LeBatard hoped for more and made it known albeit in a funny way.

Bumper music is freaking great.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:49 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

In ping pong circles, Stugotz is known as "The Wall."

Him saying "enough!" to the Girls Scout that came to the door was solid as well. Or the story about Mike Miller losing his pet monkey.

Again, for the hundreth time, someone in Cleveland has to put 10 minutes into their show.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:19 pm

leadpipe wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

In ping pong circles, Stugotz is known as "The Wall."

Him saying "enough!" to the Girls Scout that came to the door was solid as well. Or the story about Mike Miller losing his pet monkey.

Again, for the hundreth time, someone in Cleveland has to put 10 minutes into their show.

Better than losing his monkey, the monkey let the great danes out of their cages and then rode one of the great danes down his street.

And then minutes later Ron McGill, the most popular segment of the week regardless of what guests are on, saying monkeys were "wonderful for the first year and then they turn into dirty little people who bite and throw feces at you".

:lmfao: :lmfao:

His "those are sooo cute" right up UNTIL voice is great every week too.

Plus this week he talked about a primate pinning one of his zoo colleagues against the gates of the gorilla's cage and 'reaching the promised land in terms of his excitement all over that person'.

Are you kidding me?

Great sports week and then Ron McGill every week.

Makes me miss Fedor and Reghi.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:27 pm

THOSE MONKEYS CAN KILL YOU !!!
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Orenthal wrote:When tRBS started it was different, however the show became a caricature of itself, and is now very hard to listen too.

Real simple problem with tRBS:

It's one thing to have a heel on the show, the Peter Brown, the Hammer. I get it. But tRBS goes beyond that. They all but spit in the faces of their listening audience.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:13 am

^That and add in that Rizzo who is supposed to be the balance puts no work into the show as Lead says. He basically lets guys fresh out of broadcasting school push the show.

It was listenable when he was guiding the show with Hammer as the solo heel. Even then Hammer wasn't this, over the top, take the opposite extreme POV douchebag, that both he and Fedor are now.

Used to listen at every opportunity, now I pretty much listen to nothing or the few people peeks and the rest have mentioned. I mean locally you talk choices are pretty limited in that slot. Beck may be worse then Rizzo, no he is worse, and I can't stand Rover.

Fuck 92.3 for getting rid of O&A. I don't want to go Satellite.
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 pm

I did find it sort of amusing that fedor was being pushed as the NFL Draft guy.

and was pimping Robert Quinn because Butch Davis loved him. Butch Davis also loved Timmy Couch, James Jackson, William Green (OVER CLINTON PORTIS) and Gerard Big Waste of Money Warren. His opinion ain't worth a damn in my view.

One of the tweet backs he gave me once is that he claims to "not read blogs".

Which sort of blows me away. Sure, you're going to run into Bleacher Report crap that's online, but if you're just limiting yourself to just the PD and a few national sources, you're limiting your scope. And, there are some GREAT blogs out there that I believe are just as good, if not better than the print media out there.

Triple-S

Unread postby Loo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Can't listen to it much anymore, Rizzo is just too big of a homer. I can't stand it.

He said OSU and Texas have had equal schedules so far. I may be off by one, but according to the AP Top-25, Texas has played six top-25 teams to OSU's 3, and 2 top-10 teams to OSU's 0.

I get that you're a big fan of Cleveland/OSU, but why does that mean you HAVE to defend your team in any argument that's ever presented?

For example, today Ken Carman supported Carlton Guyton (because Guyton passed a stipulated polygraph test and didn't do anything wrong), even though--as an Akron grad--he could have ripped him just for being involved and taken the pro-Akron stance. But no, he was objective.
Loo

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:58 am

Loo wrote:Can't listen to it much anymore, Rizzo is just too big of a homer. I can't stand it.

Yeah, I gave up. And the nationals are just boring. Done with sports talk unless there is breaking news or I pop on an hour or two of Chuck or Bruce. Wish they streamed podcast on the STO main site.

HInt. Hint.

Now I just play The Summit becasue the weather was too bad to install my sirius at my crib. Today might change that.
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 am

jb wrote:
Loo wrote:Can't listen to it much anymore, Rizzo is just too big of a homer. I can't stand it.

Yeah, I gave up. And the nationals are just boring. Done with sports talk unless there is breaking news or I pop on an hour or two of Chuck or Bruce. Wish they streamed podcast on the STO main site.

HInt. Hint.

Now I just play The Summit becasue the weather was too bad to install my sirius at my crib. Today might change that.

Yeah, I finally gave up as well. Haven't listened for over a week. Pretty much pandora unless something interesting goes on in sports or politics.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 am

I heard that someone tried to run over sabrina in a black suv.

I suspect it was someone on the forums. Fess up, you really didn't finish the job.

Triple-S

Unread postby Loo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:18 pm

I only listen to Rizzo during the 10 minute or so drive from my house to campus.

Still, all the time I've heard Sabrina and that new girl, Rachel or something, talking about partying and drinking and flirting. They all sound like party girls, then Sabrina wanted to try out (or maybe she did) for the Bad Girls of Cleveland or something like that. Then, they auction off of date for her.

Isn't it kinda creepy Rizzo always has these girls on the show? One time on a drive, ALL I heard was Rizzo (and Hammer...and Fedor...) asking how much Rachel would have to drink on her 21st b-day, then kept saying "Oh no, you can't drink that much!"
Loo

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:39 pm

It's almost like they are trying to like Rover's show mixed in with sports, which is bullshit.

fuck 'em, they'll be going the way of WHK soon enough. I've all but removed them from my routine.

podcasts and music is where it's at.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:12 pm

For those of you who don't want to gauge your eyes out at the RBS really terrible takes on thins (Today whilst flipping though, rizzo was bitching that Painter and Johnson of Purdue didn't deserve the honors that the Big Ten bestowed on them, and said purdue "Sucked"). DP is now, not only on 1350 but on FSNOhio as well.

Great sports talk, the host is knowledgeable and his co-hosts seem to know what they're talking about.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:36 pm

I guess (I am not listening, as I'm boycotting that POS station) Hammer is pissing off Dustin Fox and LeCharles Bentley pretty bad, from what I'm gathering on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#search?q=goldhammer

also, look up "Tony Rizzo on the Radio" on wikipedia.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Triple-S wrote:For those of you who don't want to gauge your eyes out at the RBS really terrible takes on thins (Today whilst flipping though, rizzo was bitching that Painter and Johnson of Purdue didn't deserve the honors that the Big Ten bestowed on them, and said purdue "Sucked"). DP is now, not only on 1350 but on FSNOhio as well.

Great sports talk, the host is knowledgeable and his co-hosts seem to know what they're talking about.

Dan Patrick does a good show sometimes. When the subject isn't Dan Patrick. Other than that he would be one of my favorites.
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

Holy GAWD Riz never shuts the fuck up during interviews. He asks a question, then jumps all over the guest to answer himself. He then launches without pause into the next self question and answer.

He just asked a film maker, from Southern California, how they like Cleveland. I swear guy got out two words that were leading to a nice review of the city, before Riz stammers in with his LA people don't know about Cleveland till they visit, and how this guy would love Cleveland in the summer, "This is Cleveland?" Horribly bad.
Orenthal

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:57 am

Congrats for even continuing to listening. I finally broke down and gave up, havent listened in a few months. Yet to find a solid replacement for that time of day so I usually sit her in silence, however it is much preferable to Riz, Hammer, and that tard Ned.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Orenthal wrote:Holy GAWD Riz never shuts the fuck up during interviews. He asks a question, then jumps all over the guest to answer himself. He then launches without pause into the next self question and answer.

You can pretty much interchange Rizzo and Reghi and still be 100% accurate with this statement.

OT: When did Fedor become their NCAA guy? I was flipping the stations around while driving the wife's car over the weekend and he's down in Houston covering the Final Four?
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Ain't worth my time anymore.

I'll click on over sometime, and I cannot help but laugh at them calling Chris Fedor a draft expert. JTA on this site is far more knowledgeable in that area, it's really not even funny.

Could give a flying rats ass about free food and them talking up American Idol and the Bachelor. Seriously, WKNR, Sports are our great escape from that crap, quit trying to shove it in on air. Also, If I want my fix for finding a great local restaurant I'll go to the "...Be Merry" forum here.

WKNR is to sports, as MTV is to music. F-Them.

Triple-S

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm

I LOL'd at Hammer declaring he would never go to Augusta because of the way they handled the Martha Burke controversy. What a candy-ass mama's boy he is.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture