Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Heckert Taking Some Shots at Mangini

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Heckert Taking Some Shots at Mangini

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:48 pm

peeker643 wrote: And Matt- That's a point we agree on as far as an organizational structure. Like where you work or where I work you can debate the merits of the guys running the place, but before a company can be taken seriously I think it needs a structure to fall back on in good times and bad. That's where process is developed, refined and practiced.

There you go with the fucking "P" word again. Like nails on a chalkboard Brian. Nails on a chalkboard.........

I am trying like hell to limit myself to one non-linear incident per quarter. You are not making that easy.
;-) ;) :wink:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:
I'm assuming we won't be seeing Eric Wright as a Browns nickle back in 2011. :hide:
Too bad because I think he could have excelled in that role had he been willing to play it and he could have re-found whatever confidence he lost last season after Anquan Boldin stole his lunch money.

Meh, I feel the same way, but Cornerbacks get woefully overpaid in this league; someone will pay him far more money in the hopes he returns to pre-2010 form.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:07 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
jb wrote: Example - remember when savage was fired in the Collins' schism? We didn't get the whole story as fans and the reaction was so negative that randy balked. Had it be known what an in-over-his-head twat Opie really was, fans would have gone alone. The media failed. The org didn't communicate.

And it was allowed to be run into the ground that much more.

OT, but when you look back at all the failures from Butch to Mangini, everything revolved power, either wanting more or being given too much. Butch, then Phil, then Eric.

As much as all the the recent moves have me really scratching my head, at least there is finally an HMFIC at the top and it seems as if Heckert and Shurmur know their roles and no one has visions of grabbing more control.

Ha.

We don't know that at all.

That is what is being presented to us.

Heckert's comments stray into whom he thinks should have been playing in no uncerratin terms. But I guess the point that Holmgren is in the building dailey from what I understand is a good thing.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:01 pm

jb wrote: Ha.

We don't know that at all.

That is what is being presented to us.

Heckert's comments stray into whom he thinks should have been playing in no uncerratin terms. But I guess the point that Holmgren is in the building dailey from what I understand is a good thing.

Holmgren. That's my point. Not saying I agree with everything that's gone down. Not at all. But it's clear to me there is one guy who runs the show.

I mean Heckert gets some latitude from Walrus but there will be no disputes whatsoever on who has the final say. No way Patches patchwork quilt of a staff gets built without Holmgren guiding the effort on a daily basis.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:14 pm

What part of "The Big Show" are some not understanding?

How and/or why, would any man with that nickname do anything other than impose his will and influence upon those under his command?

And what kind of assclown would want or expect him to do anything less?

....all of which is why he was hired?

At the first sign of weakness I consider myself a Hata Supreme but, right about now all I gots is Goo Goo Ga Joob
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:What part of "The Big Show" are some not understanding?

How much he's actually involved vs sitting back and reminding himself to be prez?

I really don't now what he does detail-wise. That'd be a good interview for TG next.

I haven't done woof-woof hype since E Pluribus Butchum.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 pm

jb wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:What part of "The Big Show" are some not understanding?

How much he's actually involved vs sitting back and reminding himself to be prez?

I really don't now what he does detail-wise. That'd be a good interview for TG next.

I haven't done woof-woof hype since E Pluribus Butchum.

Grossi doesn't need to interview anyone to completely fuck up the story so it fits his perceptions and angles.

He should just do what Pluto does which is ghost Pauly C. Sure, Grossi would have to find someone else but I'm sure Pluto could tell him who the Browns writers are here.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 pm

peeker643 wrote:Grossi doesn't need to interview anyone to completely fuck up the story so it fits his perceptions and angles.

He should just do what Pluto does which is ghost Pauly C. Sure, Grossi would have to find someone else but I'm sure Pluto could tell him who the Browns writers are here.

Would be pretty damn funny to see that happen in a way. I think once grossi has lyrics from "paul's boutique" in future pieces we'll all know whom he's ripping off. :thumb up:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL