Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Buy themselves a mulligan and enjoy the luxury of the clock starting on their regime a full year after taking over and in effect wasting a damn year resplete with trottiing out a weak armed fan pet, who wouldn't make the practice squad on a good team as the defacto QB starter.

SoulDawg


Where's that Sanchize v. Franchise thread again? :lmfao:

C'mon man. Every time you bust that out you're basically admitting you can't help falling in and out of love with these guys every single week.

How did a man who is such a self-proclaimed QB know it all fall in love with a weak armed fan pet who wouldn't make the practice squad. I try and take your stuff seriously and I know you know the game but daaaaamn......

Superb play when it counts to make it count, thats what we got Sunday , led by our Mule team running back Hillis and our throrobred Stallion Franchise QB in the making McCoy.

Its what you want , a kid dissed by all with a chip on his shoulder something to prove and winning for us ,toss the salt over your shoulders rub your rabbitts foot and slap yourself the Cleveland Browns done finally found a quarterback.


That was beautiful and touching. It moved me then and moves me now but it doesn't show much consistency. :dingle:

The team mounts up buckles their chinstraps and responds to this kids leadership , the coaches have daring the defense is stout and the team displays unbeleivable heart .

You can't put a formula to it and you can't define it , butt neither can you any longer ignore it .

The Browns got a diamond out of the dust bin uncut, and rough butt tuff as a three dollar steak and hard as concrete cut nail ,mentally ready to battle and more than prepared to lead .


Oh my goodness. That could have been cleaned up and sent out by Colt's agent. :cheers:

Busting balls my man. If I could sell you that thread so you could burn it I would. ;-) ;) :wink: But it would cost ya few bucks and a case of beer.


SD:

:spar:

Hell peaks , I'm not sure why we're hijacking a free agent release thread into a QB thread but I'll play.

You'll notice my comments were singularly in surprise over Colts play that game , giving an honest appraisal of how good he looked in that game from a fans perspective , a sentiment mostly shared by all including the papers the next day and Swerb who flat out proclaimed him as the answer .

It was refreshing at the time to see such , a young kid working his nuts off coming from nowhere and looking so promising , caution gets thrown to the wind and for once you can enjoy the moment .

Well at seasons end the evaluations are on and the weekend drinks have have been long since worn off and now its time to pay the bill and your looking at room charges by your quests of goat sacrifices and hookers and chaufered trips to the liquor store all on your dime and things are different.

Same with Colt who now you must look at with the hard eye of evaluation and not that of an adoring fan .

Kid is coming up short vs the competition available when we pick , kid is coming up short in terms of a limited ability to throw passes in this league , not to mention injury concerns about a nagging shoulder which has been bothering him since the Bama game , and not even counting the high ankle sprain bullshit which could happen to anybody .

In life no honey moon lasts forever , only for the Browns fans and their latest puppy infatuations which carry on beyond all reason.

So thus all the tongue wagging while fingers are placed firmly in ear and comments with their eyes wide shut.

Nobody with any objectivity could say Colts last month looked good, but 80% of these posts center from that most unreasonable standpoint

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 pm

[quote = "SD"]Hell peeks your smart enough to know pup ain't complaining about the release of rodgers and neither am I,..

Its the pat ready made tried and true out with the old in with the knew program we've seen repeated around here all to often .

After 11 years in the league we're again demolishing the very foundations , and can't get to the first floor because all the basement walls are gone .[/quote]

What foundations?

The foundations of a 4-12, 5-11, 5-11 team? The foundations of a team that couldn't compete on a regular basis in the AFC North even if all the breaks went their way?

Shaun Rogers was one of the foundations of this team? Are you fucking kidding me?

You can't tear down foundations if there ain't nothing but a hole in the ground.

Yeah, reboots suck. But it's not like the Browns were on he cusp of success. So a reboot is the only option, unless you really really wanted to stay the course of mired in suck. Sure, the reboot might end in suck too, but ya gotta do something.

And we've known the Browns have enacted reboot version I-lost-fuckin'-track ever since the season ended. Is there some kind of expiration date on complaining about the same thing over and over again?
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:12 pm

hiko wrote:[quote = "SD"]Hell peeks your smart enough to know pup ain't complaining about the release of rodgers and neither am I,..

Its the pat ready made tried and true out with the old in with the knew program we've seen repeated around here all to often .

After 11 years in the league we're again demolishing the very foundations , and can't get to the first floor because all the basement walls are gone .


What foundations?

The foundations of a 4-12, 5-11, 5-11 team? The foundations of a team that couldn't compete on a regular basis in the AFC North even if all the breaks went their way?

Shaun Rogers was one of the foundations of this team? Are you fucking kidding me?



You can't tear down foundations if there ain't nothing but a hole in the ground.

Yeah, reboots suck. But it's not like the Browns were on he cusp of success. So a reboot is the only option, unless you really really wanted to stay the course of mired in suck. Sure, the reboot might end in suck too, but ya gotta do something.

And we've known the Browns have enacted reboot version I-lost-fuckin'-track ever since the season ended. Is there some kind of expiration date on complaining about the same thing over and over again?[/quote]

SD:

No Shaun Rodgers wasn't part of anybodies foundation, that comes thru your own draft picks not paid mercenaries.

Key and center we haven't drafted or developed a QB worth spit, in the key leadership spot on the field , nor do we have one defensive player we can call a leader on that side of the ball.

The only constant has been Phil Dawson and there about to let him go.

Rinse Lather repeat


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:34 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

No Shaun Rodgers wasn't part of anybodies foundation, that comes thru your own draft picks not paid mercenaries.

Key and center we haven't drafted or developed a QB worth spit, in the key leadership spot on the field , nor do we have one defensive player we can call a leader on that side of the ball.

The only constant has been Phil Dawson and there about to let him go.

Rinse Lather repeat

SoulDawg


Let me state this clearly:

The current front office has been in place one year. They brough in Hillis, Fujita, Brown, Haden, Ward, Watson, and might possibly be able to squeeze something out of McCoy and Hardesty. What the fuck you want from them?

Rinse lather repeat my ass.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:52 pm

hiko wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

No Shaun Rodgers wasn't part of anybodies foundation, that comes thru your own draft picks not paid mercenaries.

Key and center we haven't drafted or developed a QB worth spit, in the key leadership spot on the field , nor do we have one defensive player we can call a leader on that side of the ball.

The only constant has been Phil Dawson and there about to let him go.

Rinse Lather repeat

SoulDawg


Let me state this clearly:

The current front office has been in place one year. They brough in Hillis, Fujita, Brown, Haden, Ward, Watson, and might possibly be able to squeeze something out of McCoy and Hardesty. What the fuck you want from them?

Rinse lather repeat my ass.


Trade them all for Cam Newton!!!!! They are all trashand easily replaced!!! Cam Newton is Jesus Christ Himself!!!!


eh?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 pm

hiko wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

No Shaun Rodgers wasn't part of anybodies foundation, that comes thru your own draft picks not paid mercenaries.

Key and center we haven't drafted or developed a QB worth spit, in the key leadership spot on the field , nor do we have one defensive player we can call a leader on that side of the ball.

The only constant has been Phil Dawson and there about to let him go.

Rinse Lather repeat

SoulDawg


Let me state this clearly:

The current front office has been in place one year. They brough in Hillis, Fujita, Brown, Haden, Ward, Watson, and might possibly be able to squeeze something out of McCoy and Hardesty. What the fuck you want from them?

Rinse lather repeat my ass.



SD:

Didn't realize you were such a naive company man

They should have shit canned Mangy when they got here since its obvious thru these changes they had no intention of keeping him,..

We're a year behind doing this year what should gave been done last year, and forestalled probably due to Lerners request not to dump his hand picked guy at the whims of his next hand picked guy so he could save face for being such a Fuck up

Now we get the standard backstabbing of what a clutz Mangy was to justify more time
in the next rebuild

Mutha Fucka Please .



SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Didn't realize you were such a naive company man

They should have shit canned Mangy when they got here since its obvious thru these changes they had no intention of keeping him,..

We're a year behind doing this year what should gave been done last year, and forestalled probably due to Lerners request not to dump his hand picked guy at the whims of his next hand picked guy so he could save face for being such a Fuck up

Now we get the standard backstabbing of what a clutz Mangy was to justify more time
in the next rebuild

Mutha Fucka Please .



SoulDawg


Should've canned Mangini right from the beginning? Check. They should have. They set us back a year by not doing it. That was a mistake on their part.

Shouldn't throw Mangini under the bus? Check. No reason to do it. Doesn't make Heckert look good. It may be true, but they should take the high road.

Justify a rebuild? Uncheck. No reason to do it, because a build/rebuild was needed no matter who the coach is, who the GM is, who the Pres is, who the Owner is.

And if last offseason is any indication of how Heckert plans to build/rebuild, then keep at it. If that makes me a company man, so be it. I just can't find it in me to bitch about the only good offseason the Browns had in for-fuckin-ever. If Heckert can do that every year, then count me in for wanting the rinse lather repeat.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby RedDawg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
RedDawg wrote:We didn't trade Rogers because nobody wanted him.

Making ridiculous tradeup/tradedown suggestions or saying we should get something in return for a guy we are going to cut anyway is a waste of time.

Welcome to reality. He's old, he's lazy, and what little gas he has in the tank isn't going to help enough to justify using a roster slot that can be filled with a guy that might actually play in 2014.

We cut all those older players because nobody would give us anything for them.


SD:

You can't prove nobody wanted him stoopid , but you can say without a doubt as fact , you can't trade any player at this date until there is a new collective bargaining agreement .

One for me none for you.


SoulDawg



If they thought anyone wanted him, then they would have held on to him until the CBA was done and then traded him. The fact that they want nothing to do with him for multiple reasons is why he was cut.

Quit being such a dumbass and think. If this is the best take you have and think you have scored some type of scoreboard points with it, go ahead and keep providing free entertainment for everyone here.

It's that simple old man. If he's worth something, they keep him. They cut him for nothing - so he's worthless to this regime. That you think he is - doesn't mean dick.

Go take your Memantine and try again.
Last edited by RedDawg on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RedDawg
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 pm
Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby RedDawg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
hiko wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

No Shaun Rodgers wasn't part of anybodies foundation, that comes thru your own draft picks not paid mercenaries.

Key and center we haven't drafted or developed a QB worth spit, in the key leadership spot on the field , nor do we have one defensive player we can call a leader on that side of the ball.

The only constant has been Phil Dawson and there about to let him go.

Rinse Lather repeat

SoulDawg


Let me state this clearly:

The current front office has been in place one year. They brough in Hillis, Fujita, Brown, Haden, Ward, Watson, and might possibly be able to squeeze something out of McCoy and Hardesty. What the fuck you want from them?

Rinse lather repeat my ass.


Trade them all for Cam Newton!!!!! They are all trashand easily replaced!!! Cam Newton is Jesus Christ Himself!!!!


eh?



LULZ
User avatar
RedDawg
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 pm
Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 am

RedDawg wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
RedDawg wrote:We didn't trade Rogers because nobody wanted him.

Making ridiculous tradeup/tradedown suggestions or saying we should get something in return for a guy we are going to cut anyway is a waste of time.

Welcome to reality. He's old, he's lazy, and what little gas he has in the tank isn't going to help enough to justify using a roster slot that can be filled with a guy that might actually play in 2014.

We cut all those older players because nobody would give us anything for them.


SD:

You can't prove nobody wanted him stoopid , but you can say without a doubt as fact , you can't trade any player at this date until there is a new collective bargaining agreement .

One for me none for you.


SoulDawg



If they thought anyone wanted him, then they would have held on to him until the CBA was done and then traded him. The fact that they want nothing to do with him for multiple reasons is why he was cut.

Quit being such a dumbass and think. If this is the best take you have and think you have scored some type of scoreboard points with it, go ahead and keep providing free entertainment for everyone here.

It's that simple old man. If he's worth something, they keep him. They cut him for nothing - so he's worthless to this regime. That you think he is - doesn't mean dick.

Go take your Memantine and try again.


SD:

You really are a one dimensional checker player .

Look stoopid , salary cap was but one reason .

Right now your under lockout , there is no way you can keep even a tradeable asset who is not in your plans when you don't have a date when player trades can again be made.

Under normal circumstance his $500,000,00. bonus which is meager for a man of his talents would have been paid and then Rodgers would have been dealt in the draft for picks if not sooner.

The lack of a CBA where trades of players can't be done and the now on going lockout changed all that in addition to any cap considerations.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:13 am

hiko wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Didn't realize you were such a naive company man

They should have shit canned Mangy when they got here since its obvious thru these changes they had no intention of keeping him,..

We're a year behind doing this year what should gave been done last year, and forestalled probably due to Lerners request not to dump his hand picked guy at the whims of his next hand picked guy so he could save face for being such a Fuck up

Now we get the standard backstabbing of what a clutz Mangy was to justify more time
in the next rebuild

Mutha Fucka Please .



SoulDawg


Should've canned Mangini right from the beginning? Check. They should have. They set us back a year by not doing it. That was a mistake on their part.

Shouldn't throw Mangini under the bus? Check. No reason to do it. Doesn't make Heckert look good. It may be true, but they should take the high road.

Justify a rebuild? Uncheck. No reason to do it, because a build/rebuild was needed no matter who the coach is, who the GM is, who the Pres is, who the Owner is.

And if last offseason is any indication of how Heckert plans to build/rebuild, then keep at it. If that makes me a company man, so be it. I just can't find it in me to bitch about the only good offseason the Browns had in for-fuckin-ever. If Heckert can do that every year, then count me in for wanting the rinse lather repeat.


SD:

Actually I intended this post for FMB, however since the shrapnel already cut into you , I'll address your points .

Heckert gets too much credit ,on his draft day picks.

That draft last year was so deep , three blind mice with a cheese chart could have netted two starters in the first two rounds , and its on record Homie forced both him and the mangy one to choose mCCoy as his gaze was focussed eleswhere.

Wasting two late round draft picks on such a talent deficient roster to net a wait for it now , injury plaqued RB who somehow on cue was injuried and lost for the season is a big negative in my book , along with the lack of receiver talent and not getting a starter let alone another contributor with all those picks in such a deep draft.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:18 am

Heckert gets too much credit ,on his draft day picks.


A thing of beauty and a joy forever ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
Heckert gets too much credit ,on his draft day picks.


A thing of beauty and a joy forever ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



SD:

How true , even a fool like you can find the low fruit.

Tampa netted 10 rookies for their roster 7 eventual starters and won ten games with a QB we bypassed, over our hand picked free agent cough cough upgrade the Two Jakes.

Now they do what they wanted to do all along and blow up the roster a year late
effectively starting over after year two and maroons like you lead the charge singing their praises when they haven't done NOTHIN.

PT Barnum was a sueth.



SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby RedDawg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
RedDawg wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
RedDawg wrote:We didn't trade Rogers because nobody wanted him.

Making ridiculous tradeup/tradedown suggestions or saying we should get something in return for a guy we are going to cut anyway is a waste of time.

Welcome to reality. He's old, he's lazy, and what little gas he has in the tank isn't going to help enough to justify using a roster slot that can be filled with a guy that might actually play in 2014.

We cut all those older players because nobody would give us anything for them.


SD:

You can't prove nobody wanted him stoopid , but you can say without a doubt as fact , you can't trade any player at this date until there is a new collective bargaining agreement .

One for me none for you.


SoulDawg



If they thought anyone wanted him, then they would have held on to him until the CBA was done and then traded him. The fact that they want nothing to do with him for multiple reasons is why he was cut.

Quit being such a dumbass and think. If this is the best take you have and think you have scored some type of scoreboard points with it, go ahead and keep providing free entertainment for everyone here.

It's that simple old man. If he's worth something, they keep him. They cut him for nothing - so he's worthless to this regime. That you think he is - doesn't mean dick.

Go take your Memantine and try again.


SD:

You really are a one dimensional checker player .

Look stoopid , salary cap was but one reason .

Right now your under lockout , there is no way you can keep even a tradeable asset who is not in your plans when you don't have a date when player trades can again be made.

Under normal circumstance his $500,000,00. bonus which is meager for a man of his talents would have been paid and then Rodgers would have been dealt in the draft for picks if not sooner.

The lack of a CBA where trades of players can't be done and the now on going lockout changed all that in addition to any cap considerations.


SoulDawg


You aren't getting it.

If it would have cost the Browns 500 K to keep Rogers and trade him for a fourth round pick later, they would have done it.

500K is a small price to pay for a draft pick, even a later one. Holmgren would write the check himself for a 4th rounder if they'd let him.

They didn't cut Rogers because of money. They cut him because he is lazy, a liar and a quitter. He lied about being too hurt to practice, he didn't give 100% in games and he quit on this team after they went 0-3.

He quit on YOUR Cleveland Browns Souldawg. The man cared less about the Browns winning than you do. He deserves every bit as much of your vitriol as Tim Couch ever got from your keyboard.

The only thing that you are right about is that he WAS very talented. His age has dimmed even that.

He'll be out of the NFL after next year because his diminishing skills just aren't worth the baggage that comes with it. MAYBE he can play in the perfect situation - like KC.

But I'm betting he's 430 lbs and out of work in 2012.
User avatar
RedDawg
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 pm
Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:45 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
Heckert gets too much credit ,on his draft day picks.


A thing of beauty and a joy forever ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



SD:

How true , even a fool like you can find the low fruit.

Tampa netted 10 rookies for their roster 7 eventual starters and won ten games with a QB we bypassed, over our hand picked free agent cough cough upgrade the Two Jakes.

Now they do what they wanted to do all along and blow up the roster a year late
effectively starting over after year two and maroons like you lead the charge singing their praises when they haven't done NOTHIN.

PT Barnum was a sueth.



SoulDawg

:woot:

...and you're a lonely bitter old man whom I actually feel sorry for but....

Shove it up your enormous ass

You've never been right and where you were once entertaining you're now a festering boil and there's no lance to be had to slice you open and drain your puss filled body

You're the biggest whining fucking crybaby I've ever seen...wah wah wah fucking wah...I want my Maypo and I want it FUCKING NOW and I want everyone on the fucking internet to kiss my ass cuz I am souldawg, hear me cry out for respect!

Bitch, you get no fucking respect because you give none and when the truth is pasted in front of you and the rest of the fucking world you deny and attack...

In short, you're ass ain't got nothin' to offer....no fucking hat and no place to hang it
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby RedDawg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Since you think we are keeping score for some reason...

SOULDAWG = "Right now your under lockout , there is no way you can keep even a tradeable asset who is not in your plans when you don't have a date when player trades can again be made."

GROSSI = "If there is a lockout, trades can still happen on the three days of this year's draft, but they can only include draft picks.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... great.html

If Rogers was worth a shit, they'd keep him, eat his salary, and trade him for a pick. The word was out around the NFL that the Browns were going to cut him, and nobody was willing to give up even a 6th round pick to obtain his services. That is, unless you think Heckert didn't check around the league to gauge interest.

Either Rogers is worthless, or Heckert didn't bother trying to get any value for him.
User avatar
RedDawg
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 pm
Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't think Rogers is tradeable b/c no team wants him for that salary, especially when everyone knew he was a likely cut anyway. His age, injury problems, and attitude don't help.

This is like the Albert Haynesworth situation on a much smaller scale. Haynesworth is more talented than Rogers (one of the most talented players in the league) and a few years younger, yet there's a good chance he gets cut in Washington b/c he's a pain in the ass and no one feels like he's worth the price tag currently attached to him. And, as talented as he is, last year he produced 13 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 8 games.

So, to the Skins, to THAT team, he ain't worth very much b/c he ain't producing.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:Why is a team so devoid of defensive talent, making a switch that requires more defensive lineman, cutting the best defensive lineman they have?

For real? Headcase? Who the fuck cares. Be a coach and get through to him.

New England or Pittsburgh gonna get him?


Boy Pup, you have a major hard-on for this club at this time.

Can you remember five plays Rogers made this past season? He was on the field for about 30% of the defensive snaps based on an article someone here quoted.

He'll be 32 in a month. Are his best, most motivated days ahead of him? Will his weight be less of a problem as he gets older? Will his attitude improve? And if it does is it because he sees the end of the line and can't physically be what he was anyway?

Point being if you have a C-grade DL you're paying as an A-grade DL you're paying too much.

I understand the hate toward perennially rebuilding but I'm not sure Rogers is the guy you want to be your poster boy here.



Yep. POS.

Glad he's gone. And these humps are all completely irrrelevant.

Now whether they find a place for guys like Vickers will tell me some things.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

hiko wrote:I don't think Rogers is tradeable b/c no team wants him for that salary, especially when everyone knew he was a likely cut anyway. His age, injury problems, and attitude don't help.

This is like the Albert Haynesworth situation on a much smaller scale. Haynesworth is more talented than Rogers (one of the most talented players in the league) and a few years younger, yet there's a good chance he gets cut in Washington b/c he's a pain in the ass and no one feels like he's worth the price tag currently attached to him. And, as talented as he is, last year he produced 13 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 8 games.

So, to the Skins, to THAT team, he ain't worth very much b/c he ain't producing.



SD:

Minimum you keep him to draft day so you don't have all those holes entering the draft and telegraphing your needs ,

Players teams don't want like Fane when Savage brought in Bentley get tossed in like a bag of chips with the six pack .

Faine was used just to move up a half dozen places and didn't even net a pick after we wasted a #1 on him /

half a million for Rodgers to stay on the roster was peanuts including his 5 million base ,

They want a new guard , i get that , but some of these cuts wouldn't have happenned now if there was a CBA.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:21 pm

RedDawg wrote:Since you think we are keeping score for some reason...

SOULDAWG = "Right now your under lockout , there is no way you can keep even a tradeable asset who is not in your plans when you don't have a date when player trades can again be made."

GROSSI = "If there is a lockout, trades can still happen on the three days of this year's draft, but they can only include draft picks.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... great.html

If Rogers was worth a shit, they'd keep him, eat his salary, and trade him for a pick. The word was out around the NFL that the Browns were going to cut him, and nobody was willing to give up even a 6th round pick to obtain his services. That is, unless you think Heckert didn't check around the league to gauge interest.

Either Rogers is worthless, or Heckert didn't bother trying to get any value for him.


SD:

Right repeat what i already told ya about not being able to execute player trades and act like you got news..

In the past when there was a CBA players like Rodgers were dealt in the draft if nothing more than chips to move up a few places , let alone a fourth round pick which has real value for a lousy $500 grand.
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Soul - you ever cnsider we got dude for... Leigh Bodden?

And that was when he was 4 years younger. He lacks the value you think he does.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:09 pm

jb wrote:Soul - you ever cnsider we got dude for... Leigh Bodden?

And that was when he was 4 years younger. He lacks the value you think he does.


SD:

With a CBA in place and us changing over to a 43 , Rodgers would have been re- upped this offseason , so as not to tip our hand if nothing else .

500 g's is nothing for a former All PRO ,DT and his $5 million dollar base was also attractive to other teams
like a DC after what they paid haynesworth or a Denver who is made up of runts just to mention a few .

Prior to the draft and FA under the old CBA , you certainly didn't tip your hand and dump 43 talent, teams would have assumed you would be retaining , or provide for free a 34 NT to the open market for teams desperately in need of bigs like Washington denver or others .

Yeah i get all the hip hip hooray out with the old and in with the knew , and changing of the guard and yada yada yada .

Just mentioning how not having a CBA is changing the landscape in ways we haven't even seen yet, and also want to note how this draft may be far different than what we've seen in the past with more trades early where it usually is cost prohibitive ..

Stay tuned


SoulDawg


Souldawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:32 am

I feel you with the cutting perfectly good players for no reason thing. I really do. And like I said, if you can't find a place for a pro bowl FB because of your scheme, or you rush young players out with some ability rather than coach them up so your raw draft picks can all be handed jobs, then I'm wichu.

Shaun Rogers is done, man. 17 fuckin' tackles, 2nd on the team in flags, and he's just bad ju-ju. No one will give you anything for him. He's broken down version of haynesworth. This is all so irrelevant.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 am

Channelling Allen Iverson...

I mean listen, we're sitting here talkin' about Shaun Rogers, not Ndamukong Suh, not Justin Tuck, not Haloti Ngata... we're talkin' about Shaun Rogers.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:08 am

jb wrote:I feel you with the cutting perfectly good players for no reason thing. I really do. And like I said, if you can't find a place for a pro bowl FB because of your scheme, or you rush young players out with some ability rather than coach them up so your raw draft picks can all be handed jobs, then I'm wichu.

Shaun Rogers is done, man. 17 fuckin' tackles, 2nd on the team in flags, and he's just bad ju-ju. No one will give you anything for him. He's broken down version of haynesworth. This is all so irrelevant.


SD:

Those stats don't lie , Rodgers was playing when he wanted , because he knew Mangy was full of shit and saved himself for the inevitable .

Dude shut it down and waited for the turk after the third game .

he saw the writing on the wall.


Unforgiveable i know because your supposed to give your all...

Welcome to the NFL.

Put Rodgers in a 43 one gap with none of the read and react bullshit of the 34 and give him an incentive based contract above his base like a quarter million per sack and watch him play like he just found the fountain of youth.

Its like when you make the biggest fuckup a foreman , the lazy bastard knows all the tricks and hiding spots .

and don't get it twisted , I want no parts of him.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:17 am

Rogers is looking at KC right now.

I could see him being successful there, that team could be able to compete in an extremely weak AFC West (Broncos suck, Raiders..eh?), Chargers are there only real competition.

More power to him.

I sadly get the feeling that if you had him and Cribbs both on contending teams they'd probably be difference makers.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Triple-S wrote:Rogers is looking at KC right now.

I could see him being successful there, that team could be able to compete in an extremely weak AFC West (Broncos suck, Raiders..eh?), Chargers are there only real competition.

More power to him.

I sadly get the feeling that if you had him and Cribbs both on contending teams they'd probably be difference makers.


He should. He knows perfectly well that Romeo will let him get away with murder.

Cribbs will still be a difference maker for the Browns - it's not like he was dogging it. He's nothing like Rogers.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm

hiko wrote:Cribbs will still be a difference maker for the Browns - it's not like he was dogging it. He's nothing like Rogers.


not denying that, and hoping he doesn't get traded away or released.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Triple-S wrote:
hiko wrote:Cribbs will still be a difference maker for the Browns - it's not like he was dogging it. He's nothing like Rogers.


not denying that, and hoping he doesn't get traded away or released.


Why would he be traded or released? Is this something which keeps you up at night?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

mattvan1 wrote:Why would he be traded or released? Is this something which keeps you up at night?


I was saying that, if he played for say, a team like the Colts or Patriots had him at Punt-returner, he'd be like an X-Factor in possibly making a major super bowl run/victory.

I don't understand how that can be mis-con-strewed.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Triple-S wrote:I don't understand how that can be mis-con-strewed.


My bad. I guess when you wrote "...and hoping he doesn't get traded away or released" it confused me.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby hiko » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I don't understand how that can be mis-con-strewed.


My bad. I guess when you wrote "...and hoping he doesn't get traded away or released" it confused me.


I'm with Matt on the confusion... sounded like you were worried that Cribbs was gonna be cut, when I don't see that as even a remote possibility.

Not unless they like torches and pitchforks. :thumb up:
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:28 pm

hiko wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I don't understand how that can be mis-con-strewed.


My bad. I guess when you wrote "...and hoping he doesn't get traded away or released" it confused me.


I'm with Matt on the confusion... sounded like you were worried that Cribbs was gonna be cut, when I don't see that as even a remote possibility.

Not unless they like torches and pitchforks. :thumb up:


SD:

Could have been worried about Cribbs Pro Mangy stance in the midst of these Mangy purges causing the powers to be , to be a little uncomfortable with his statemnts, enough so that they keep it in the back of their minds and harbor grudges down the road should Josh have a problem adjusting to the new environment .

If you remember the Big show took mucho convincing to pay Josh , which required a salary contract re work , arrogantly thumbing his nose at public opinion to pay the man.

Josh's injuries and lack of production as a result of which ,combined with some perceived insubordination might cause Homie some amnesia ,down the road if he (cough cough accidentally directs Heckert ) or err I mean stumbles upon his own personal pet who just so happens to do the same things Josh does.

Hope not .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:00 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
hiko wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I don't understand how that can be mis-con-strewed.


My bad. I guess when you wrote "...and hoping he doesn't get traded away or released" it confused me.


I'm with Matt on the confusion... sounded like you were worried that Cribbs was gonna be cut, when I don't see that as even a remote possibility.

Not unless they like torches and pitchforks. :thumb up:


SD:

Could have been worried about Cribbs Pro Mangy stance in the midst of these Mangy purges causing the powers to be , to be a little uncomfortable with his statemnts, enough so that they keep it in the back of their minds and harbor grudges down the road should Josh have a problem adjusting to the new environment .

If you remember the Big show took mucho convincing to pay Josh , which required a salary contract re work , arrogantly thumbing his nose at public opinion to pay the man.

Josh's injuries and lack of production as a result of which ,combined with some perceived insubordination might cause Homie some amnesia ,down the road if he (cough cough accidentally directs Heckert ) or err I mean stumbles upon his own personal pet who just so happens to do the same things Josh does.

Hope not .

SoulDawg


Not saying you're wrong, but I can put a different spin on it. Cribbs runs his mouth so Holmgren, new on the job, needs to show everyone that he is the HMFIC. So he publicly stonewalls Cribbs, then works behind the scenes to get a deal done.

I think Holmgren played that hand like he's got a couple of WSOP bracelets.

The fact that Cribbs' production is way down has more to do with the curse of the TCF Banner than anything else. Now that's he's off the banner I would expect a rebound in 2011. :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 am

mattvan1 wrote:The fact that Cribbs' production is way down has more to do with the curse of the TCF Banner than anything else. Now that's he's off the banner I would expect a rebound in 2011. :hide:


It's also when Hillis starting wearing the effects of being a human wrecking ball.

I really wish Swerb would put LeBron and Big Ben on the TCF banner.

Cribbs wasn't healthy all year. Part of it may how he came into camp, I have no idea and neither does anyone else. But a good part of the 2nd half issues probably occurred when he got hurt during the Jets game.

When you're 5 toes are pointing in 5 directions that's a bad deal. Yet dude got back on the field in a couple weeks.

Cribbs hasn't gotten fat IMO. He's gotten found out and game planned for. Not just with guys gunning for him, but with guys GUNNING for him.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22781
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Shaun Rogers, Barton, Bowens, Royal, St. Clair released

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:The fact that Cribbs' production is way down has more to do with the curse of the TCF Banner than anything else. Now that's he's off the banner I would expect a rebound in 2011. :hide:


It's also when Hillis starting wearing the effects of being a human wrecking ball.

I really wish Swerb would put LeBron and Big Ben on the TCF banner.

Cribbs wasn't healthy all year. Part of it may how he came into camp, I have no idea and neither does anyone else. But a good part of the 2nd half issues probably occurred when he got hurt during the Jets game.

When you're 5 toes are pointing in 5 directions that's a bad deal. Yet dude got back on the field in a couple weeks.

Cribbs hasn't gotten fat IMO. He's gotten found out and game planned for. Not just with guys gunning for him, but with guys GUNNING for him.



There were some minor personnel changes on the ST's due to injuries IRC as well. That, plus the toesies set JC back.

But in general, I hope the new staff recognizes that gimmicks on O aren't the way to go. GB didn't Wildcat. They just passed you sillly with a for real-ass NFL offense.

I want to never see JC on O again. Let hm stay good at what he does and focus. Return and gunner, Josh. Return and gunner. Hee's no WR. He's as fluid as Drew Gooden out there no matter how hard he tries.

I'm pretty sure pacthes will go in this direction. Then when he can focus on his few touches per game, maybe we'll se the old Creeeeeibbs back.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests