Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

This one's to tie the big record - Cavs vs Pistons 2/9

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

This one's to tie the big record - Cavs vs Pistons 2/9

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 am

Am I cherrypicking here? Is there a rule on how early you can start a game thread? I picked this game as the likeliest win at least 2 weeks ago, so I feel entitled.

But there's still one more big record to aim for. With a 26th loss, the Cavs will move in to a 3 way tie with the 1889 Louisville Colonels and the 76-77 Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the longest losing streak in American sports history. Considering the Colonels have been defunct for over 110 years and the expansion Bucs did it over 2 seasons, I'd venture to say the Cavs already have the true record, but we may as well take it fair and square.

Just gotta pull out losses to the Pistons and Clippers (both at home), and we're golden. Plus that would set up the Greatest Game of All Time on Sunday, when the 0-25 on the road Wizards play in Cleveland vs the 27 game losing streak Cavs.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: This one's to tie the big record - Cavs vs Pistons 2/9

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:59 am

After two solid efforts I am really worried about his one. In fact, the next few scare me thinking about double digits.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Jesus. How bad are the Pistons that a team that is currently on a streak for most consecutive losses all-time is actually favored over them?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I want some chatter here. I'll need something to write in the recap.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Already down 15 midway thru the 2nd. Austin Carr sounds close to suicide.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:02 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Already down 15 midway thru the 2nd. Austin Carr sounds close to suicide.

I see not a single bit of bad news in that paragraph and the latter part has me actually teeming with hope.

Hopefully he hurls himself from The Q scoreboard and lands on Ryan Hollins.

81-70 Good Guys....err Bad Boys...ughh...Pistons after three.

Let's get to 30 in a row and then take our foot of the gas. It's just a nice, round number.
Because when it ends they're no less a national joke and no less a pathetic group of pussies in long shorts.

12/2/10 bitches. The entire roster can go fuck itself.

Time to take a Beta Blocker. I'll be okay.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:41 pm

This is the worst team in the history of the world. I can't wait till they play the Wizards.

I do not know it could possibly get any fucking worse.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I want some chatter here. I'll need something to write in the recap.

Well done. :thumb up:

http://bit.ly/ibIPbW

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is the worst team in the history of the world. I can't wait till they play the Wizards.

That game could potentially be so anti-magical that it's magical. Two girls so horrifically ugly that you bang both on a dare one night when you're historically drunk.

C'mon Cavs...gotta make it happen.

They should change the chant at The Q from "Let's Go Cavs" to "Let's Blow Cavs". Just to see if anyone notices.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby statmasta » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

"I'm mad as hell," said Scott, who kept the postgame locker room closed for more than 30 minutes. "I can deal with losing, especially when our guys play as hard as they have in the last couple weeks, but I find it very hard to deal with when guys don't come out ready to play."

Awsome. It took 26 consecutive losses in a row for you to get mad. That's fantastic. You were proud of your guys after the first 25 losses, what changed? Huh? They lost again, you should still be proud.

What a loser.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 am

statmasta wrote:"I'm mad as hell," said Scott, who kept the postgame locker room closed for more than 30 minutes. "I can deal with losing, especially when our guys play as hard as they have in the last couple weeks, but I find it very hard to deal with when guys don't come out ready to play."

Awsome. It took 26 consecutive losses in a row for you to get mad. That's fantastic. You were proud of your guys after the first 25 losses, what changed? Huh? They lost again, you should still be proud.

What a loser.

I'm pretty sure he answered your question in the quote there.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 am

Next up in the record books: Anthony Young's 27 consecutive losing decisions.

But I kinda fear the Clips being a reverse trap game, depriving us of Cavs-Wiz. That would suck.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 am

I didn't see the game because I refuse to pay for the NBA Pass to watch this team. So help me out. It looks to me like Hickson and Sessions have stepped up their games the last few weeks. Are these guys establishing themselves as building blocks for the future?

Also, it looks like the Cavs are playing one position too small all across the front line. Hickson is a 4 playing the 5. Jamo is a 3 playing the 4. Eyenga is a 2 who started at the 3 last night. As a result the Cavs gave up 17 offensive boards while getting only 7 themselves for a 10 shot advantage. Combined with the 17-10 turnover advantage and the Pistons put up 18 more shots than the Cavs. Even though the Cavs shot 51% from the field to 43% for the Pistons, the 18 extra shots was too much to overcome.

From what I can tell they're just too small on the front line and they don't take care of the ball.

When they have to bring in Hollins it all goes to hell. 3 fouls and 2 turnovers in 10 minutes for a team high -17. Wow. That must have been an ugly 10 minutes.

If they can draft a quality big man, get AV and Mo back in the lineup, and throw in Hickson and Sessions, could we at least have a mediocre starting five next year?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 am

Prosecutor wrote:I didn't see the game because I refuse to pay for the NBA Pass to watch this team. So help me out. It looks to me like Hickson and Sessions have stepped up their games the last few weeks. Are these guys establishing themselves as building blocks for the future?

Also, it looks like the Cavs are playing one position too small all across the front line. Hickson is a 4 playing the 5. Jamo is a 3 playing the 4. Eyenga is a 2 who started at the 3 last night. As a result the Cavs gave up 17 offensive boards while getting only 7 themselves for a 10 shot advantage. Combined with the 17-10 turnover advantage and the Pistons put up 18 more shots than the Cavs. Even though the Cavs shot 51% from the field to 43% for the Pistons, the 18 extra shots was too much to overcome.

From what I can tell they're just too small on the front line and they don't take care of the ball.

When they have to bring in Hollins it all goes to hell. 3 fouls and 2 turnovers in 10 minutes for a team high -17. Wow. That must have been an ugly 10 minutes.

If they can draft a quality big man, get AV and Mo back in the lineup, and throw in Hickson and Sessions, could we at least have a mediocre starting five next year?

What part of the country do you live in Pros. Assumed you were near here.

Hickson is Drew Gooden lite. There's no other way to put it. He has more balls bounce off his face than a Thai hooker.

This team is full of guys who either don't belong in the league at all or would be 9th though 12th guys on playoff teams. Hickson is in the latter category.

He's kinda missing the 5 dunks a game LBJ got him that have turned into 16-18 footers.

This team is the most miserable collection of stiffs I've ever seen. Ryan Hollins might well be the poster boy.

And lastly, I don't know where Mo Williams is, but he sure as hell ain't killing himself to get back from a strained hip flexor. Two months? Fuck him too.

Most gutless collection of athletes ever assembled.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:40 am

Prosecutor wrote:I didn't see the game because I refuse to pay for the NBA Pass to watch this team. So help me out. It looks to me like Hickson and Sessions have stepped up their games the last few weeks. Are these guys establishing themselves as building blocks for the future?

The only thing "Building Block" concerning Hickson, is his block head. As in every other pass bouncing off of it. As a rule, don't build your team on a foundation of morons.

As for Sessions, it does seem the game's slowing down for him. Still outta control, and missing open guys. The HUGE issue with him, which is being somewhat clouded by the fact that even out of control, he's the team's best player, is the fact that, Christ, he makes Steve Nash look like a good defender. Can't think of a starting point guard in the league, maybe besides Nash, who is a worse defender.

As for playing one position too small, that's less of a problem than them playing 5 positions too "totally suck"
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 am

You refused to pay for League Pass last year when they were good and didn't watch any games (as has been proven here many times) Pros.

Stop frontin.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Who pays for League Pass? I always just find a sucker willing to give me his password.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:40 pm

^ friends with idiots
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:^ friends with idiots

Maybe not. I mean, how common could it possibly be to prefer and actually use just one password with maybe some minor variations that one would use for all of his computer accounts?

I can't imagine too many millions of people go about it like that.

Anyone have a password I can borrow to watch Golden Sate games? That's really all I want it for....

;-) ;) :wink: :hide: :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:47 pm

I share League Pass with a friend - he gets TV I get web.

The p/w on our account is "basketball"

<- Not friends with idiots
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 pm

My friend is a Heat fan. His password the last 2 years was fucklebron (owing to his extreme love for Wade and his inferiority complex that Wade never got the love he deserved due to LBJ). This year its fucklebronmore. Highly doubt he uses that pw for anything else, but now that you mention it, I'm gonna give it a shot.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Hickson is Drew Gooden lite. There's no other way to put it. He has more balls bounce off his face than a Thai hooker.

This team is full of guys who either don't belong in the league at all or would be 9th though 12th guys on playoff teams. Hickson is in the latter category.

He's kinda missing the 5 dunks a game LBJ got him that have turned into 16-18 footers.

This team is the most miserable collection of stiffs I've ever seen. Ryan Hollins might well be the poster boy.

And lastly, I don't know where Mo Williams is, but he sure as hell ain't killing himself to get back from a strained hip flexor. Two months? Fuck him too.

Thanks for the info, Peeks, although I can't say I like the content. I was hoping JJ was coming around after that 39 minute, 31 points, 15 rebounds, and zero turnover performance against Memphis last week. The fact that he had the ball in his hands at least 30 times that game with no turnovers is unbelievable. Then I checked the game logs and it turns out that in 10 of the last 12 games he had two turnovers or less. The other two games he had 3 and 4.

When one of those passes bounces off his block head or steel hands, who gets the turnover in the stat line, JJ or whoever threw the pass?

I live in New England so it's either pay DirecTV or miss out. Except for last year when every game against the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Magic, etc was on national TV as well as every playoff game. So I probably saw 35-40 Cavs games last year, all against top competition expect for the Nets and Knicks which are the regional games we get. I based my observations on watching the Cavs against the league's best.

Mike Brown was on ESPN last night and he was saying the Cavs need to use this season to identify who their core players are for next year. You're saying they don't have any except Andy, right?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Fuck, you live in New England?

I'm moving.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Prosecutor wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Thanks for the info, Peeks, although I can't say I like the content. I was hoping JJ was coming around after that 39 minute, 31 points, 15 rebounds, and zero turnover performance against Memphis last week. The fact that he had the ball in his hands at least 30 times that game with no turnovers is unbelievable. Then I checked the game logs and it turns out that in 10 of the last 12 games he had two turnovers or less. The other two games he had 3 and 4.

When one of those passes bounces off his block head or steel hands, who gets the turnover in the stat line, JJ or whoever threw the pass?

I live in New England so it's either pay DirecTV or miss out. Except for last year when every game against the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Magic, etc was on national TV as well as every playoff game. So I probably saw 35-40 Cavs games last year, all against top competition expect for the Nets and Knicks which are the regional games we get. I based my observations on watching the Cavs against the league's best.

Mike Brown was on ESPN last night and he was saying the Cavs need to use this season to identify who their core players are for next year. You're saying they don't have any except Andy, right?

There's a very good chance I'm frustrated and jaded by seeing more than my fair share of 26 straight losses. In many of which JJ looks completely lost. He's strong and he can be effective in the right environment I guess but the issue with him is the same as with the entire roster: the ones who don't blow are all complementary players at best.

In two close losses late in the game Sessions hit JJ with perfect passes off of penetration and both balls banged off some part of his body, an opportunity was lost and the deficit increased.

No, they don't have any core players. Not in my estimation.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Bigfist » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm

statmasta wrote:"I'm mad as hell," said Scott, who kept the postgame locker room closed for more than 30 minutes. "I can deal with losing, especially when our guys play as hard as they have in the last couple weeks, but I find it very hard to deal with when guys don't come out ready to play."

What a loser.

My guess, not having watched one game this year, is that they were overconfident and took the Pistons lightly.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I share League Pass with a friend - he gets TV I get web.

The p/w on our account is "basketball"

<- Not friends with idiots

No they are friends with you bwahahahahahahaha.

feh
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

At this point no one looks like a future starter on a contending team. Guys are getting better (Eyenga, Harris, Gibson, Samuels, and Sessions) or proving what they are Hickson and Moon (stupid, low IQ low basketball IQ), Hollins (tall), Gee (D-League), Parker and Jamo (old, bench scoring, 0 defense).

bah
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 am

Orenthal wrote:At this point no one looks like a future starter on a contending team.

Peeker says that Hickson "can be effective in the right environment", which probably means a Chris Paul or Steve Nash type point guard dishing him the ball off penetration for easy dunks. JJ's rebounding has really picked up since getting temporarily benched, so I'm holding out hope that he can be a solid 4 if Grant can put together "the right environment".

I think Sessions is developing into a PG that can come off the bench, penetrate, draw fouls, knock down the free throws, and generally not hurt you while your starter is resting.

Mo, Jamo, Moon, and Parker will be gone before this team is ready to contend again.

So we have one legit starter (AV), possibly a second (JJ in the right environment), and a backup PG (Sessions). If Harris, Graham, and Eyenga can develop into decent role players off the bench then we just need to hit on our three first round picks in 2011-2103 to become contenders in 2013. I'm not holding out much hope that we'll get any kind of a decent starter for some combination of Jamo, Mo, Moon, Parker, and the trade exemption, although that would be nice if Grant can pull it off. We need another Mark Price or Larry Nance deal, but those days are gone.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA