Text Size

No Holds Barred

No more streaming sports?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

No more streaming sports?

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Don't know where to put this, but adthe.net and other streaming sites have been seized by Homeland Security. Check out what shows up on the home page. Bastards.

They tweeted "ATDHE.NET will be availabe here http://88.80.11.29/ soon untill we set a new domain Hoping for your support and retwitt as much as possible"

My life is ruined. Ruined!
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: No more streaming sports?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

That sucks. I just got turned on to atdhe.net like 3 months ago ... been watching mass amounts of hockey on it. Very convenient considering FSN only carries like half the Jackets games up in Cleveland.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:33 am

That is really fucking irritating. IMO they have only themselves to blame (by they I mean the people getting streamed, not the websites). Get fucking Sunday Ticket in the open market and allow everyone to get the damn thing, not to mention probably cost less than $300. All of those damn packages cost too much for the value IMO unless you are e0y with the NBA league pass who is quite interested in the entire league instead of just one team. Fucking congress gets involved in the BCS, but yet they never make the NFL open their product up to everyone which is part of their anti-trust agreement... at least per TMQ on espn.com

People are not always interested in the hometown team, there needs to be a reasonable alternative. I have paid the $300 reluctantly in the past, but havent been able to get DirecTV for the last two years. If you don't want to lower the price let me purchase it for half price for just one team. There are better solutions.

They arent going to be able to stop it, they will reorganize. FTR p2p4u is down as well, another good one.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 am

Somebody else will pop up. Look at torrent sites, look at Wikipedia, look at Egypt. Governments and Corporations have failed to grasp the concept that the internet allows massive popular movements that they just won't be able to stop.

It's the dawn of a new era of freedom boys, and we better fight to keep it. :spar:

BTW - Why the fuck was Homeland Security responsible for this? Since when has teh intertubes become a security question? Especially regarding Pro-Football? WTF?
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:17 am

http://channelsurfing.net is shut down, but they have reopened under a new name
http://channelsurf.eu/
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 am

bookelly wrote:BTW - Why the fuck was Homeland Security responsible for this? Since when has teh intertubes become a security question? Especially regarding Pro-Football? WTF?

Same reason they grab your junk when you fly. Because they can.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 am

gotribe31 wrote:
bookelly wrote:BTW - Why the fuck was Homeland Security responsible for this? Since when has teh intertubes become a security question? Especially regarding Pro-Football? WTF?

I get why they have to grab your junk. It's a small price to pay for security and peace of mind. But did the guy have to do it in the middle of the flight while I was sleeping?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:39 am

motherscratcher wrote:I get why they have to grab your junk. It's a small price to pay for security and peace of mind. But did the guy have to do it in the middle of the flight while I was sleeping?

It's ok, it's just Casper.....
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:04 pm

ATDHE.net is now ATDHE.me... it's just that the US Customs seized the domain names, leaving the servers and all of the other stuff untouched.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Well played fairvis. WWW.MYP2P.EU is also a huge site with various types of streams for both sports (foreign and domestic) as well as TV shows.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Another example of government efficiency at its finest. How long do you think it took for them to get the documentation in place to shut down those websites. Within 24 hours they change their url and they have to start the process back over. Just as they arent smart enough or agile enough to regulate finance (to the extent they want to), they are not smart or fast enough to regulate this stuff, stop wasting the money on it. If the NFL, MLB, NBA, ABC, FOX, etc want to go after let them waste their money. Otherwise they are just plugging holes in a dam.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Don't know where to put this, but adthe.net and other streaming sites have been seized by Homeland Security. Check out what shows up on the home page. Bastards.

They tweeted "ATDHE.NET will be availabe here http://88.80.11.29/ soon untill we set a new domain Hoping for your support and retwitt as much as possible"

My life is ruined. Ruined!

Yup yup yup yup

but www.myp2p.eu is still going strong
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm

I love the internet.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

What a bunch of jokers

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48692.html

“This swift action by our Homeland Security Investigations New York special agents and analysts sends a clear message to website operators who mistakenly believe it’s worth the risk to take copyrighted programming and portray it as their own,” Morton said. “We will continue to aggressively investigate this type of crime with our law enforcement partners.”

Yeah the clear message got through. Jackasses. So clear they had them back up and running in 24 hours after what I can only guess took hundreds of man hours and millions of dollars.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Ziner wrote:What a bunch of jokers

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48692.html

“This swift action by our Homeland Security Investigations New York special agents and analysts sends a clear message to website operators who mistakenly believe it’s worth the risk to take copyrighted programming and portray it as their own,” Morton said. “We will continue to aggressively investigate this type of crime with our law enforcement partners.”

Yeah the clear message got through. Jackasses. So clear they had them back up and running in 24 hours after what I can only guess took hundreds of man hours and millions of dollars.

Morton is an asshole with a severe Napolean complex. I've met the guy several times, and he's never impressed me much.

And lets make sure we differentiate between Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP). ICE agents are now Homeland Security Investigators (HSI's). They changed the name from ICE Special Agents to HSI's because...well, no one really knows why. So they could print new badges, business cards, signs etc and confuse the Hell out of everyone. Or maybe its because they were sick of hearing about ICE agents not doing a good job.

There is no more Customs Service (USCS), which is a damn shame.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:

I get why they have to grab your junk. It's a small price to pay for security and peace of mind. But did the guy have to do it in the middle of the flight while I was sleeping?

I didn't grab, I massaged. Big difference. And you sure weren't complaining at the time.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Might as well move this to NHB.

WTF?

Clearly the world is stable, the economy is humming, lets fix the big issues Big O.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20043421-281.html

The White House is concerned that "illegal streaming of content" may not be covered by criminal law, saying "questions have arisen about whether streaming constitutes the distribution of copyrighted works." To resolve that ambiguity, it wants a new law to "clarify that infringement by streaming, or by means of other similar new technology, is a felony in appropriate circumstances."
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 pm

It happens all the time. the streamers stay ahead just like the dopers...change the .net to .me and enjoy.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:19 pm

Soon the FCC will rule you all...

:hide:

gotribe when are they going to start hiring again. Trying to work my way back in with the Feds...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Return to No Holds Barred