Text Size

College Sports Arena

Johnson sues USC

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Johnson sues USC

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:24 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=6055248

I got beef with this. Would he sue them if he got hurt on the field or during practice? Seems to be the same difference to me. He should be embarrassed about dumping 275, pussy.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Johnson sues USC

Unread postby pup » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 am

Erie Warrior wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6055248

I got beef with this. Would he sue them if he got hurt on the field or during practice? Seems to be the same difference to me. He should be embarrassed about dumping 275, pussy.

You actually read the article?

If it was as he says, and his spotter lifted the bar and then clumsily dumped it on him while not paying attention? Don't care how strong you are, 275 when you aren't ready for it ain't chump change.

I could be wrong, as I am not a weight lifter and could be taking the account to literal, but if there is neglect there is neglect.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 am

You know that weight is coming off the rack. You can feel it. This entire thing stinks. A shyster lawyer got ahold of him and talked him into this BS litigation.

This doesn't even make sense, no way did a spotter pick 275 and place it into his hands.
It also alleges that Yanchar, then in his 19th year at USC, was "negligently and carelessly inattentive" to properly placing the bar into Johnson's hands

I'd be interested to hear what type of grip he was using:
A suicide grip, name aptly for its high level of danger involves keeping your thumb on the same side of the bar as your other fingers, enabling the weighted barbell to roll out of your palms and drop down onto your neck and chest.

What ever happened to "if you can't lift it off the rack, you can't lift it"?

And his combine numbers were 225 @ 13, not very impressive.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:04 am

This seems like a season 1 Friday Night Lights situation...

Have to think this is largely being driven by the opportunity cost that has been lost and medical bills he and his family has incurred. Overall, not sure what to make of it, to be honest.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Return to College Sports Arena