Text Size

No Holds Barred

5 ? Friday - Bringin it back

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

5 ? Friday - Bringin it back

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:04 pm

1. What is your favorite kind of cheese?

2. Favorite bar of all time - when, where, and why

3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state.

4. First R rated movie you saw. when & where

5. Most annoying habit of your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend (I don't know if there are any female lurkers and I want FUDU to feel included and comfortable) you've never mentioned to them that drives you freaking nuts
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: 5 ? Friday - Bringin it back

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 pm

What happened to wabo anyway?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

jb wrote:1. What is your favorite kind of cheese?

Swiss

The Gordian Knot. New York City. Christmas Eve. 1970. It closed at 4 am Christmas morning when a fight broke out.... Followed up with Jefferson Airplane New Years Eve at The Filmore East

3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state.

Patton

Splendor in the Grass. About 6th grade...snuck in a back door to the Warner in Erie

5. Most annoying habit of your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend (I don't know if there are any female lurkers and I want FUDU to feel included and comfortable) you've never mentioned to them that drives you freaking nuts

Talking
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 pm

1. What is your favorite kind of cheese? The kind that sits on top of the sour cream on my burrito.

2. Favorite bar of all time - when, where, and why The Basement/Jimmy's, 90's, Flats, b/c I rarely remembered what I did.

3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state. The Game (Michael Douglas) and/or The Color of Money.

4. First R rated movie you saw. when & where No idea

5. Most annoying habit of your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend (I don't know if there are any female lurkers and I want FUDU to feel included and comfortable) you've never mentioned to them that drives you freaking nuts She talks too much.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:26 pm

American. And screw all of you high-falootin cheese snobs for judging me.

Surf Club - Bemus Point Chautaugua NY. Late 90's I was there every weekend for years. I was in my mid 20 without a lot of responsibility and a whole lot more energy. Spent days boating, jet skiing, and drinking Spent nights playing pool, hanging out, and drinking. Slept little. I still remember this one cover band called "Only Human" that played there frequently and would alway pack the place. Always played Spirit in the Sky. That era was the best time of my life and the Surf Club was kind of home base for us.

First movie that pops into my head is Goodfellas or Tin Cup.

First Blood - Can't remember the year. I was at the Depenbrock's, my parents friends and frequent bridge partners. My brother and I weren't allow to watch R rated movies yet, but their son Otto threw in First Blood. By the time my parents realized it was on they felt to silly to make a fuss about it.

Nice of you to include FUDU. Very frequently my wife will not answer a question that I ask. She will either interrupt me before I'm done asking, or more frequently, she will answer a different question that she wishes I had asked instead. And it drives me bat shit crazy.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Pepper Jack for utility and Fontinella on crackers, etc

Tradewinds on 200th St. in Euclid, '85-'95 before it became a douchebag bar thereafter. Cheap, underage friendly, cheap, backed softball teams, cheap. Patronized by some serious characters, most of whom were 45-55 but looked 85 due to the fact they never left that smoke and drink filled bar. Most are now dead and that's the truth.

Shawshank Redemption

'Animal House' and 'The Godfather' double feature on cable at a friend's place. Or maybe it was on friend's Beta Max video player that was slightly smaller than a Buick when rentals first became available. Probably around '82 or '83 when I was 15-16.

Not to be a 'Mo, but there's nothing I can actually think of off hand. That girl has been with me for 25+ years including the last three weeks of hell. I guess if I'd say anything it's that she always runs late. That drives me crazy cuz I have to be on time or early. But I've gotten used to it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Being chronically late certainly counts.

War: Lombardi Time.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Shawshank is always on somewhere, so that IMO should not be a viable answer.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:45 pm

jb wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Being chronically late certainly counts.

War: Lombardi Time.

Mine runs late all of the time too. That's what I wanted to use, but I couldn't because I don't keep it to myself. I piss and moan about it all of the time. Rules is rules.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar

Cleveland - McNaulty's Conventry mostly because it is the old Panini's and had so many great memories there

Chicago - Wild Goose Tavern, Lincoln Square

Colorado - Labonte's between Decrum Mountain and North Peak at Keystone. Adirondack chairs, tall beers, and the best view anywhere.

Fugitive

I have no idea

I can't think of any I havent mentioned to her.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

FUDU wrote:Shawshank is always on somewhere, so that IMO should not be a viable answer.

You realize that, as it's been for the last 3 years or so, that I have zero interest in your opinion? :thumb up:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:03 pm

. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
Whiz

River's Edge in the Flats late 80's early 90's. Big beers, always crowded, great deck, cool bouncers and bar staff. 3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state.

Bloodsport
Very good. But brick not hit back! Chong Li, Chong Li, Chong Li!
Fugitive a close second

Animal House, I believe at the LaSalle on E185th St
Her over reacting to things that haven't happened.
Ex, before our son was just born she was at the doctors and was told her fluid level surrounding the baby was low but not in any way endangering the baby. She goes online to read all the med pages about this and sees that [b]sometimes
there may is a ever so slight mortality rate b/c of low fluid or some forms of birth defect. She goes off about what if this and what if that before I have to talk her off the ledge and remind her that the DOCTOR said things were fine. I then have to find something online that backs me up to put her at ease.[/b]
Last edited by Larvell Blanks on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Depends on the food. Bleu cheese or pepper jack on a burger, parmesan on pasta and pizza. Provolone on a meatball sub.

Venture Inn in Garfield Heights. Place we go after hockey, 7 cents an ounce Gennesse on tap, and a cultural experience with plenty of stories.

Good Will Hunting

Mystery, Alaska, Cinemark theater in Valley View, OH. Came out in '99 so I'd have been 11.

Mood swings for no reason. Worse during those lovely 5-6 days.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:57 pm

1. What is your favorite kind of cheese? Sharp Cheddar

2. Favorite bar of all time - when, where, and why - The original Lear Road Inn in Avon Lake. I started going there when I was 17 and during my college years spent up to 6 nights a week there and wished they were open on Sunday

3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state. - There are alot but Forest Gump, Shawshank, Caddyshack top the list.

4. First R rated movie you saw. when & where - Terror Train, 1980. Snuck in at the Avon Lake Theater when I was 12.

5. Most annoying habit of your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend (I don't know if there are any female lurkers and I want FUDU to feel included and comfortable) you've never mentioned to them that drives you freaking nuts - Probably the amount of useless details that go into every story which basically boils down to talking too much as mentioned by other posts up top.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Drunken Goat

1899, Downtown Willoughby. Been going there since I was 17 and simply an enjoyable place to be. Friends with the staff and always good music playing. Plenty of classic moments to boot.

The Color of Money. Classic.

Terminator 2 - General Cinema in Mentor, Ohio

Talking while walking away or trying to have a conversation in an entirely different room. Drives me batshit insane.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I can sense a "What are your female pet peeves" thread coming, problem is it would take a week to get off the first peeve, driving.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Yours? You gotta play too. Even as a newlywed and knowing full well whatever you say on 5 is going into a Facebook message to Angela as soon as I see it.

:nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:36 pm

1) Buffalo Moz

2) The Thirsty Scholar on campus. Because it was awesome, fights, booze, and stuff.

3) Hellboy 1 and 2 on FX.

4) A Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 5. At my house.

5) The way my wife drives. It's really awful.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Rarely, if ever, will eat cheese by itself. But I love a roast beef and cheddar sandwich (not talkin' Arby's, I'm talkin' real roast beef and real cheddar)

A bar called R.O.'s in Seward, NE. Christmas Eve 2003-2004. They had "Customer Appreciation Day" with free keg beer and appetizers from 11am till the kegs ran dry. Usually ran dry around 5pm. I went to high school and college in the same small town so Christmas Eve was a perfect eclectic mix of high school friends, college friends, and old man townies. And when the kegs ran dry we either call family members to come pick us up or simply stumble home.

TBS used to show Dumb & Dumber all the time so I'll say that one. Haven't seen it in quite a while though.

No idea

I mention everything to her that bothers me. And vice-versa. What is the most annoying is probably how she exaggerates everything. If it snows an inch, it snowed a foot. If her plane is delayed 30 minutes, it was delayed 3 hours.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:13 pm

idoctribefan wrote:I mention everything to her that bothers me. And vice-versa. What is the most annoying is probably how she exaggerates everything. If it snows an inch, it snowed a foot. If her plane is delayed 30 minutes, it was delayed 3 hours.

So your saying she would say your dick is 2 inches?

:lmfao:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Swiss or fontinella ... tough call.

I lived at Scaplers on Mayfield Rd from 1995-1999. Spent my "college years" there. Watched all the 1995 and 1997 Indians playoff games there. Sentimental value towards that place.

Currently, Deagans and the Winking Lizard (both in Lakewood).

Godfather and Godfather II

Not sure. My dad used to always let me watch em when my parents got divorced in 3rd grade.

That she's slowly turning into her mom and grandma. God help me.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:31 pm

peeker643 wrote:Yours? You gotta play too. Even as a newlywed and knowing full well whatever you say on 5 is going into a Facebook message to Angela as soon as I see it.

:nanner:

1. Lots of specialized contenders like a man said, but if I had one I'm saying sharp chedder.
Or Fontina. Or buffalo moz. F it.

2. The Loft in Kent - Friday happy hour, 1986 - 1988. Everything a bar should be.

3. Good Fellas, tho Coming to America hs gotten me lately, too

4. Friday 13th. Like Larvelle at the LaSalle on E 185

5. Whenever we have a disagreement, and I'm talking minor BS Venus / Mars stuff. You know, nonseniscal emotional whiney stuff vs logical perfectly reasonable reactions? Whenever we have a disagreement, whoom, there goes that GD Italian temper and she's like having a college educated Jersey Shore moment. Then she checks herslf in a minute and wants to make nice right away realizing she got all Italian. And I'm all about "I don't give a F , it was no big deal anyway, we cool. gettin a beer, Hon." But she still asks me 500 times if I'm mad at her for validation. And I'm not mad and tell her so. Until the 600th time she asks. Then I get mad. And this is what does it, not the 2 cars she's totalled, the garage door she ran into, nor the 20 minute stories (mostly repeated at least once / month) to convey 30 seconds of semi-relevant information.

And F Facebook. Stupid waste of time. Trying to delete my account for months but can't recall how, so if yuo've tried to freind me I'm not dissing you I just hate it. But that's another thread.
jb

Unread postby Squints » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:55 pm

1. provolone with roast beef; swiss with turkey

2. Seaport Inn- On west thrid or sixth. A complete dive bar and a little scary. Would go there every Browns game before and after with my dad and his firends. 50 cent cokes, dollar beers. This was before the move and it fit perfectly with the landscape of downtown at that time and was a perfect complement to Municipal Stadium. Favorite bar for the memories of course. Last time I was there was '99, now us kids were now over 21 and we went there before a game while on Christmas break for old times sake. Next time we decided to go there, it was no longer there.

3. A Few good Men

4. Euorpean Vacation.

5. Never/ever admitts that she is wrong. Even when it's painfully obvious, but that's true for most women.

Thanks for bringing back 5 ? Friday.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:49 pm

jb wrote:2. The Loft in Kent - Friday happy hour, 1986 - 1988. Everything a bar should be.

Hands down the most disgusting bathrooms in town. And right outside of said bathrooms are barrels full of peanuts. E. Coli anyone?

Parmesan
BAR Cleveland- dozens of boob grabs and a few dance floor fingerbangs. Or Glory Days in Kent- see reason 1
Waterworld
Aliens- at an uncle's house when I was 9 or 10
Leaves lights on in every room.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:What happened to wabo anyway?

Just had a couple beers w him. Hes been nuts with work. He'll be back in the mix in here soon.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 pm

1. What is your favorite kind of cheese? Munster

2. Favorite bar of all time - when, where, and why...been to lots in different state and countries, spent a ton of money in them, none worth remembering.

3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state. - the goonies

4. First R rated movie you saw. when & where - I guess 92 was the year my mom took me to a bunch of R rated movies, I THINK the first of which was White men can't jump, but I know that year I saw Universal Soldier, under siege, patriot games,last of the mohicans and my cousin vinny that year too.....well sort of.

All of them we saw at the Parma Theater, cause we were poor. So it was easily 4-6 months after regular theaters got them.

EDIT: Change that, it was definitely Christmas Vacation, at my house when I was probably 9

Never mentioned? Nothing I don't think. Not that she doesn't have plenty of annoying habits, I just kind of tell her about them all I guess.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby General » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Fresh Locatelli

Golden Coins, Cleveland Heights, 1977-1995, Great friends, met my wife there ( A story for another thread)

Roadhouse...hands down

The Exorcist when it first came out at The Lake Theatre in Euclid. Scared the shit out of me.

My wife never throws anything out, we have drawers of shit, we have had fights when I "accidently" shitcan something.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 pm

General wrote:3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state.
Roadhouse...hands down

This is a close second for me. No one wins a fight.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:41 pm

jb wrote:1. What is your favorite kind of cheese? Muenster.

2. Favorite bar of all time - when, where, and why I'll go with JB. The Loft, except in '95-97 instead of '86-88.

3. You're surfing cable crap with time on your hands. Name a movie frequently shown on a non-premium channel you always get sucked into when you are in that state. I don't channel-surf that much anymore. When I did the answer was "Switchback" with Danny Glover and Jared Lito. It was a really shitty movie but I couldn't put my finger on why, so I watched it several times to try and figure it out.

4. First R rated movie you saw. when & where The Last American Virgin, when I was like seven.

5. Most annoying habit of your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend (I don't know if there are any female lurkers and I want FUDU to feel included and comfortable) you've never mentioned to them that drives you freaking nuts None yet, honestly. She's just about perfect. I'm the one who is fucked up.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Return to No Holds Barred