Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Reputable ticket broker services?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Reputable ticket broker services?

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 am

OK, so my life has reached another important milestone. My daughter is almost 10, and ready to go to her first concert. She doesn't know it yet, but I do. Think Don Draper, Sally Draper, and the Beatles. I should thank god it's not Bieber, who she hates, but she's obsessed with Taylor Swift. She'd lose her wig to go.

Tay-Tay is supposed to be in C-town in July, but unlike the rest of the world, venue remains unannounced and tix aren't on sale. However, she is in the House of Ketchup, the Temple of Doom, and that is geographically a little closer to me. But it's sold out on ticket master.

So here's my question. I can google anything and find sites, but can anyone tell me if there are some you've used that you can vouch for where you won't get hosed? Chyrnoble scenario would of course be bogus ducats undiscovered until the laser reader at the turnstyle.

Hit me iwth any good recs of bad stories of what to avoid and I'd be most appreciative.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Reputable ticket broker services?

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 am

Try Merks Tickets
http://www.merkstickets.com/default.aspx

Scott Merks is a good guy. My brothe in law uses him for tickets and I used him to get great seats for Phantom of the Opera for my wife's birthday. He also was able to take tickets off my hands that I couldn't use and paid above cost for them.

Worst case, the two guys that stand out in front of Local Heroes will cut you a good deal. ;-) ;) :wink:

edit- looks like Swift will be in Columbus aat the Schott in June. Be the cool dad and get her to that show and make her friends jealous who'll have t wait til July.

http://www.merkstickets.com/ResultsEvent.aspx?event=Taylor%20Swift&pcatid=2
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Try Merks Tickets
http://www.merkstickets.com/default.aspx

Scott Merks is a good guy. My brothe in law uses him for tickets and I used him to get great seats for Phantom of the Opera for my wife's birthday. He also was able to take tickets off my hands that I couldn't use and paid above cost for them.

Worst case, the two guys that stand out in front of Local Heroes will cut you a good deal. ;-) ;) :wink:

Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks. No wonder you were way better then the Dybber!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:46 am

^ JB check my edit on my first post about a June date!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

I've used eBay a lot for tickets, but things there tend to be way overpriced early. You can get deals sometimes late, but it would sure make you sweat, especially if you are Superdad and walking or scalping is not an option.

Also, with a show like Taylor Swift, demand will probably far outweigh supply so I wouldn't count on things coming down too much on eBay.

I've checked out Stubhub occasionally but things always seem really expensive there.

Of course I do know a guy. Head down Market and take a left. Go all the way down and take a left,man. You gonna see a Torrino without no wheels. In that Torrino is my cousin, Jackie. Y'all tell him you is loss and you is my friend and he will tell you how to get yo tickets. 'Cause you don't wanna know from me, man. 'Cause this ain't my neighborhood, I'm from the west side of Cleveland. I'm vacationing.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

So that is what it is like to be a dad, eh? Taylor Swift in the Ketchup Bottle...

Not really sure how you can love someone so much.

Guess that is why I am not a dad (well that and the morning after pill)
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 am

jb wrote:Tay-Tay is supposed to be in C-town in July, but unlike the rest of the world, venue remains unannounced and tix aren't on sale. However, she is in the House of Ketchup, the Temple of Doom, and that is geographically a little closer to me. But it's sold out on ticket master.

go ask fedor, sure he has some tix.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Pick your venue and let me know what you decide. I can likely help.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm

How many tix by the way?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Try and get tix in the first 5 rows and maybe you can catch a glimpse upskirt.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture