Text Size

No Holds Barred

CDT's perfect governor

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

CDT's perfect governor

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: CDT's perfect governor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother," Bentley said.

I don't want to be your fucking brother, you backwoods waterhead hillbilly.

God I hate the south.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother," Bentley said.

God I hate the south.

The above bolded because I agree with the author.

I thought it would be a picture of Palin. Just caught on th Hollywood Insider that Todd may have cheated on her with a message therapist... I happened upon that while flipping mindlessly and thought, fuck that dumb reality televsion cunt. Can I say cunt? She has finally fulfilled her dream of becoming the #1 piece of white trash in the country, and yet, is still thought of being able to run for president? God help this country.

*I'm not even trying to be an elitist prick. Just trying to be somewhat enlightened and rational.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

God I hate the south.

The above bolded because I agree with the author.

I thought it would be a picture of Palin. Just caught on th Hollywood Insider that Todd may have cheated on her with a message therapist... I happened upon that while flipping mindlessly and thought, fuck that dumb reality televsion cunt. Can I say cunt? She has finally fulfilled her dream of becoming the #1 piece of white trash in the country, and yet, is still thought of being able to run for president? God help this country.

*I'm not even trying to be an elitist prick. Just trying to be somewhat enlightened and rational.

That's one thing I never got. When and how did we manage to turn being elite into a bad thing?

We've been debating whether Colt can be an elite QB, because if not we better draft one. The city melted down when our elite basketball player left, and our team will be a wreck until we get another one. We are pissed about baseball because the system forced us to get rid of our elite pitchers and now our team sucks.

Why the fuck is it considered a bad thing to be elite in politics? Don't we want our president to be elite?

No, we want the reality show train wreck of a fucking moron in charge because "she's like us!"

Christ. God help us if we elect someone who's as stupid as I am.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Good point. I should edit that to read "liberal douche" and not elitist prick.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:10 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

QFT ;-) ;) :wink:

I find Palin hilarious, the left gets their panties in such a bunch when she says anything. The only reason she is even relevant is because the media props her up. It is an odd circle jerk. They both hate each other, but are ultimately the media is her best enemy and friend. I just think most in the left media (NYT, WashPo, Olbermann, Matthews, and the rest of the usual orgy) just find her so revolting that they themselves bring themselves down to her level or below with the constant attacks. Stop talking about her and she disappears to 90% of the country.

Whats going to be interesting is the way they play it in 2012. Palin isnt getting the nomination, but they are going to hang on her every word, talk about her for VP, discuss her 24/7 while the real candidate skates around with out the heavy handed attacks being thrown at them.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:33 am

Ziner wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

I find Palin hilarious, the left gets their panties in such a bunch when she says anything. The only reason she is even relevant is because the media props her up. It is an odd circle jerk. They both hate each other, but are ultimately the media is her best enemy and friend. I just think most in the left media (NYT, WashPo, Olbermann, Matthews, and the rest of the usual orgy) just find her so revolting that they themselves bring themselves down to her level or below with the constant attacks. Stop talking about her and she disappears to 90% of the country.

Whats going to be interesting is the way they play it in 2012. Palin isnt getting the nomination, but they are going to hang on her every word, talk about her for VP, discuss her 24/7 while the real candidate skates around with out the heavy handed attacks being thrown at them.

The GOP build up to 2012 will be must-see TV.

Everyone running scared of Palin's cult but having to attack her. BTW - Can you use the term "riding Palin's jock" or is it riding her thong? G string? Sensible buff colored full cut undies? Whatever the term is, these guys have to do that while still doing the patented GOP politics of personal destruction routine. How in the HELL can you pull that off?

Romney trying to run from his his own insurance mandate and dance with the fundamentalist christian wing.

Gingrich saying stuff the elite e.g. educated hating wing nut base can't understand.

The Pauls are the greatest wild card in this ever.

Can Haley Barbor sneak in? Is Huckabee credible?

The more people say Palin can't win it, the more I think they underestimate the real energy base of the GOP's revival, just as the Dems did last fall.

Don't care where your views are; this is gonna be great! The build up in South Carolina may be the best political couple weeks ever.

BTW - Is it really "cheating" if it was with a massage therapist? Is this an affair or a happy ending?
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:40 am

In some ways, I like this Alabama guy. And in some ways, it does make me really think about the size and reach of the federal government and federalism.

You can't tell me that the majority of southernern baptists, the heart o fthe white culture of the dep south, doesn't agree with this man. He's just speaking what he psoke in the back rooms of his campaign, and what his constituenets who elected him legally believe at their core. Better to just be honset and out in the open.

Maybe there is something to be said with more staes clearly defining their culture and allowing people to choose to live there, and move away from income redistribution through a large fedral government. Allow strict gun control and unfettered abortion on demand in NY and California, and let them stop sending money to out-of-state programs. Let Alabama put the Lord's prayer in every government building and pray in school. let th people live how they want to live. If you don't like it, move to a state where you do.

In fact, you probably need to revisit reapportioning the states away from the artificial borders drawn up 150 - 200 years ago.

jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 pm

:thumb up: on the Polk video. That was funny.

That's an interseting thought you have there JB and I can't say as I've ever heard that way of thinking before. On it's face it seems to make a lot of sense.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:39 pm

JB has it right. One of the more annoying trends in modern politics is fair weather federalism. Libs think some things are subject to federal minimum standards, while others should be left to the states. Cons same story, different characters. You know which issues fall onto which side.

It's the reverse side of the "judicial activism" coin. Since when the feds (allegedly) overreach their delegated authority, here come 26(?) state attorneys general to sue for a judicial remedy. Or when the states (allegedly) are discriminating on the basis of race, or religion, then it's Activist Federal Judges who don't know their role. It's all the same.

But yes:

"It is one of the happy incidents of the federal system that a single courageous state may, if its citizens choose, serve as a laboratory; and try novel social and economic experiments without risk to the rest of the country." -Brandeis
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:26 am

jb wrote:
Ziner wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

The GOP build up to 2012 will be must-see TV.

Everyone running scared of Palin's cult but having to attack her. BTW - Can you use the term "riding Palin's jock" or is it riding her thong? G string? Sensible buff colored full cut undies? Whatever the term is, these guys have to do that while still doing the patented GOP politics of personal destruction routine. How in the HELL can you pull that off?

Romney trying to run from his his own insurance mandate and dance with the fundamentalist christian wing.

Gingrich saying stuff the elite e.g. educated hating wing nut base can't understand.

The Pauls are the greatest wild card in this ever.

Can Haley Barbor sneak in? Is Huckabee credible?

The more people say Palin can't win it, the more I think they underestimate the real energy base of the GOP's revival, just as the Dems did last fall.

Don't care where your views are; this is gonna be great! The build up in South Carolina may be the best political couple weeks ever.

BTW - Is it really "cheating" if it was with a massage therapist? Is this an affair or a happy ending?

And you didn't even mention Tim Pawlenty or Bobby Jindal.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pawlenty I don't have a sctick for yet. Jindel will be like Baljeet on Phineas and Pherb to the bullies.

My dream scenario is Michele Bockman running. Please, please, please.

Edit - and this guy, too:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110120/pl_yblog_theticket/santorum-invokes-obamas-race-in-abortion-debate
Last edited by jb on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 am

Ziner wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

f she were smart, she'd do just that and play the role of kingmaker and line her poclets. That's why she'll run.

And she will draw a lot more of he primary vote thatn you believe, I'd wager gentlemenly. You know the old adage, run far wing primary, center in November.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 pm

They say Step One is admitting you have a problem.....

Dana Milbank of the WaPo is declaring February a Palin-free month, and he invites other journalists to join him. We should be so lucky...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04349.html

The appeal of Palin's name to journalists is obvious....self-interest. Something like 60% of Americans have a strong opinion on her, one way or the other, so the mere mention of her name assures reader clicks...which is what editors demand and writers crave. But we really do need to stop, as suggested in the article, treating Palin as the most important conservative politician in the country. Maybe we should start with someone actually holding elected office and in a position to really shape public policy?

The media and the left (excuse the redundancy) would dearly love to continue their ongoing debate about whether Palin is the most horrible person in the country, or just the stupidest person in the country, if for no other reason than it distracts attention from the subterranean ratings of their President.

They desperately want her to be the GOP nominee next year because they know they could beat her, and most politically active conservatives know that they're right. I see far more anti-Palin stuff from liberals than I see pro-Palin stuff from conservatives...and I am a daily and voracious consumer of conservative punditry.

I can't speak for Hannity or O'Reilly, because I'm not a consumer of FOX News offerings, and though Milbank's numbers say they are guilty of the same Palin-obsession that the lefties engage in, I'm not sure what form that takes...whether it's worshipful, supportive of a presidential run, or just a defense of her against the onslaught of leftist hatred...don't know. What I definitely DON'T see is conservative political pundits promoting her as presidential timber.

A poll of just Republican voters I saw yesterday resulted in Palin getting a scant 19% of the vote as the preferred GOP nominee. This is in her own party. Her stature as the "most important conservative politician" seems to be a notion being kept afloat almost entirely by Democrats and media people...and for entirely self-interested reasons.

The open and vicious hatred of her by the left though, is really quite something to behold, and I admit to not understanding it. It goes well beyond the Alinskyite imperative to isolate, personalize and delegitimize the political opposition.

The political left in this country is apoplectic (and rather unhinged) over the fact that there is a legitimate, grassroots populist movement in the country, and they are not its vanguard and inspiration. They are stuck in the awkward position of being, at the moment, The Man, and the protesters in the streets fighting against the status quo are their political opponents, absconding with a role that the left considers its birthright. They must therefore mock and delegitimize that movement with distortion, caricature and ridicule. As the movement's most recognizable face (even though she jumped on board well after the train left the station) Palin must be taken down.

Elitism surely is part of it (as Scratcher's comment earlier - serious or not - points up) Resentment that someone "as stupid as me" could be a legitimate candidate for President is driving some of this. Common sense talk of the sort that resonates with "regular" people is, after all...so common.

I think part of it too is feminist cognitive dissonance. Palin's story is a legitimate example of traits that exemplify what feminists claim(ed) to stand for:

....an independent thinking, self-made woman...rising from humble origins through hard work and dedication to public service...becoming a small town mayor...then a governor with an 80% approval rating...taking on a corrupt male-dominated GOP establishment as the champion of the regular voter...and winning...deftly balancing the demands of family and motherhood with the demands of career....("you can have it all!") garnering a spot on a presidential ticket....not on the coattails of a successful or famous husband, but entirely on her own effort and popularity.

If she had a "D" after her name, (and had elected a different "choice" on how to deal with her Down Syndrome pregnancy), her story could well be celebrated in liberal feminist circles. Instead...well, she's just inauthentic...even an affront to womanhood. Amazing how thin and flexible the principles of feminism can be.

James Taranto is of the view that the hatred of Palin is driven primarily by liberal women...which jibes with the feminist confusion described above. Men are along for the ride...he says...

"What about male Palin-hatred? It seems to us that it is of decidedly secondary importance. Liberal men put down Palin as a cheap way to score points with the women in their lives, or they use her as an outlet for more-general misogynistic impulses that would otherwise be socially unacceptable to express."

Interesting take. (A guy can get away with calling a woman a "cunt" if his wife thinks she represents something sinister too)

He tries to make sense of "Palinoia" here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 06964.html

To be clear..I am by no means supportive of a Palin for President run. I don't think she'll be nominated, and, counter to the prevailing CW, I think she is smart enough to know that. She is unelectable...her negatives way too high, on both sides of the aisle, for her to win in 2012. The "elitism" that drives disdain for Palin of course exists on both sides of the political spectrum...I'm not suggesting it doesn't.

In evaluating my own objections to her as a serious 2012 candidate, I don't think elitism is driving me though. I'm not blind to the danger that a populism of the Tea Party variety potentially represents. But neither am I opposed to someone besides an Ivy League credentialed establishment figure leading the country as President.

For me it's simple enough to say...she's not electable, therefore I oppose her candidacy. And I don't favor annointing her (or allowing the political opposition to annoint her) as the standard bearer and voice of the party and the governing philosophy I generally support.

Sorry for being so damn long about it.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:47 pm

Dana Milbank of the WaPo is declaring February a Palin-free month

No doubt a left-wing African-American conspiracy. ;-)
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:56 pm

I wish Palin would pose in Playboy already, just end it.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to No Holds Barred