Text Size

College Sports Arena

unsportsmanlike conduct

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

unsportsmanlike conduct

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:14 pm

I've seen this called twice in the buckeyes game, and I've seen it cost Purdue in games before

What the hell, I guess players are all supposed to be robots now?

I could understand if this was crap done like it was the 1991 Cotton Bowl with Miami, but really? diving in the endzone? giving the "o" symbol to buckeye fans?

and some douche bag from scUM gets to trash talk following getting beat on a pass doesn't get called?

can this rule finally be changed?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: unsportsmanlike conduct

Unread postby dem425 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Triple-S wrote:I've seen this called twice in the buckeyes game, and I've seen it cost Purdue in games before

What the hell, I guess players are all supposed to be robots now?

I could understand if this was crap done like it was the 1991 Cotton Bowl with Miami, but really? diving in the endzone? giving the "o" symbol to buckeye fans?

and some douche bag from scUM gets to trash talk following getting beat on a pass doesn't get called?

can this rule finally be changed?

+1,000,000

The referees arbitrary enforcement of the rules are sucking the life out of the game. Why wasn't Posey called for it? Cause they probably missed it!.... The rules MUST be changed. This has nothing to do with the playing of the game and ALL to do with school pride. I saw Tressel blowing a vein over the call. If he was mad at the players, then F' him too.................
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:50 pm

bump

did anyone just see the bullshit that just happened in the k-state/cuse game?

kid from K-State hauls in a TD with a minute left on the clock, and does a salute at the end of the TD and gets a 15 yard penalty for it?

Brian Griese going on about he's a senior and should have more maturity? Hey, uh, brian, he's a college kid, and he's playing in his last game? and he's supposed to act like he's filling out his taxes?

this is why college sports has really been sta
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm

You're so right. This blows. No exhilaration allowed.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Could you imagine if such a thing was enforced during say, during a national championship game or something with meaning, during a situation like that?

Really, I think the NCAA is borderline a criminal organization.

Triple-S

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Turrible call. Vomitus.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:16 pm

I agree...sickening that the game came down to that BUT......

Dumbass K State coach should have kicked the FG a couple series previous

IOW...they should have never been in that position, the reff still sucks and the KC coach is a morn

the kid is totally innocent IMO
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 pm

I was watching. I couldn't believe that shitdick ref threw the flag in that situation.

He pretty much decided, right then and there, who deserved to win the game. Because a college kid did a little solute that took 1 second.

Unbelievable.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:44 pm

I had KSt in the game. Had I been watching, I probably would have gone apeshit. There's been a couple lame roughing the passer penalties in this Tenn/NC game also (I have NC). Refs have too much say in the outcome of the game.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Loo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Between the celebration and roughing the passer penalties, football is becoming a very frustrating sport to watch.

It's like the refs want as much say in who wins as in basketball.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:24 am

That was a heinous call. Whatever happened to the days when the refs swallowed their whistles during the playoffs and during the last 5 minutes of the game unless they HAD to make the call? That ref in the KSU vs. 'Cuse game decided the game, all by himself. That call ended the game, it was a borderline (at best) call and it determined the outcome. Tragic.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:28 am

K-State Cat gets flagged for one salute, meanwhile in the next game the tool QB is saluting every other play and nothing happens.

By the way, in that Tennesee tilt, it was a battle between a team that was too stupid to stop committing personal fouls against a team that didn't know whether to shit or wind their watch. A Les Miles special.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:50 am

Rules should be simply this:

1.)No preplanned, elaborate celebrations with props and/or teammates

2.)In a moment of pure excitement for a college athlete a flag should not be thrown, IE, Game winning touchdown, Sack on a QB to end the game, Interception, last game as a senior, rivalry game, etc (so long as no taunting is done), a player showing emotion in a game that thrives on emotion should not be punished. Use your judgement.

Really thinking of the hypocrisy of this further, shouldn't things like Desmond Howard's "Heisman Pose" not be celebrated by the NCAA? I've seen this featured in video games, commercials, television, and yet, it would be called a penalty if done today?

Triple-S

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:33 pm

Any chance that was the same Big Ten crew that had a hard-on for for the O gloves v mich?
ole uncle charle

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:31 pm

Fucking officiating is a joke. AJ Green gets blasted from behind well out of bounds and no flag thrown. But you get 15 for a salute. I don't understand it.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to College Sports Arena