Text Size

College Sports Arena

email from Alabama

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

email from Alabama

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:46 pm

The email on the Lowder story is slowing, and it has been across the board, so no one email can be said to be representative of it...but this is pretty typical of the sentiment from the Bama people and others with no particular rooting interest:

Mr. Wismar,

THANK YOU for writing the article on Lowder/Auburn and the follow-up on it. PLEASE keep updating this story - don't let it die. Auburn is so tied to the nasty, dirty politics in this state and it's time to clean it all up. Tell your part of the country that all SEC schools have their problems just like anywhere else, but we are not all the cesspool that Auburn is. I'm an Alabama fan. I understand my school has done some things. I also see them working hard to keep the place clean, sit questionable players and be on top of any perceived infraction as soon as possible. You're beginning to have an idea of the depth of corruption at Auburn. They'll probably win the BCSNCG, but I won't pull for the SEC this time - I'm quacking like an Oregon Duck this year. You have no idea how many fans of SEC teams feel this way. You know we all stick together, much to the amusement of the other conferences. Not this year. Mike Slive is making the SEC look dirty - a lot of us are very upset by the lack of disciplinary action toward Auburn - and I'm not just talking BAma fans. So PLEASE, keep this in the media. Don't let this die. I love my state - I want the politics cleaned up. Cleaning up the that dung hill down in Lee County is all a part of it.

Sincerely,
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Re: email from Alabama

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am

danwismar wrote:The email on the Lowder story is slowing, and it has been across the board, so no one email can be said to be representative of it...but this is pretty typical of the sentiment from the Bama people and others with no particular rooting interest:

Mr. Wismar,

THANK YOU for writing the article on Lowder/Auburn and the follow-up on it. PLEASE keep updating this story - don't let it die. Auburn is so tied to the nasty, dirty politics in this state and it's time to clean it all up. Tell your part of the country that all SEC schools have their problems just like anywhere else, but we are not all the cesspool that Auburn is. I'm an Alabama fan. I understand my school has done some things. I also see them working hard to keep the place clean, sit questionable players and be on top of any perceived infraction as soon as possible. You're beginning to have an idea of the depth of corruption at Auburn. They'll probably win the BCSNCG, but I won't pull for the SEC this time - I'm quacking like an Oregon Duck this year. You have no idea how many fans of SEC teams feel this way. You know we all stick together, much to the amusement of the other conferences. Not this year. Mike Slive is making the SEC look dirty - a lot of us are very upset by the lack of disciplinary action toward Auburn - and I'm not just talking BAma fans. So PLEASE, keep this in the media. Don't let this die. I love my state - I want the politics cleaned up. Cleaning up the that dung hill down in Lee County is all a part of it.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,
Nick Saban
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 pm

http://deadspin.com/5713743/yes-cam-new ... r-he-stole

yeah, uhh..cam newton doesn't seem like a quality person.

Words cannot express how pissed I would be if someone like that stole my laptop.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Triple-S wrote:http://deadspin.com/5713743/yes-cam-newton-wrote-his-name-on-the-computer-he-stole

Words cannot express how pissed I would be if someone like that stole my laptop.

Are you kidding me?

Do you realize how much that thing is going to be worth one day?

Jesus H, might be the best thing that ever happened to her.

If I had money I'd be calling to try and buy it right now myself.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 pm

JCoz wrote:
Triple-S wrote:http://deadspin.com/5713743/yes-cam-newton-wrote-his-name-on-the-computer-he-stole

Are you kidding me?

Do you realize how much that thing is going to be worth one day?

Jesus H, might be the best thing that ever happened to her.

If I had money I'd be calling to try and buy it right now myself.

So you're saying I should be happy if a famous person steals my property?

Shit.... I leave my truck unlocked every night and that damn Burt Reynolds has yet to steal it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I've got no idea how this thread jumped from being about the tradition of cheating at Auburn to talking about Cam Newton.

A mystery. Talk about "off topic". Jeez.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Return to College Sports Arena