Text Size

No Holds Barred

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/12/post_404.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Six Democrats on the new 11-member Cuyahoga County Council chose C. Ellen Connally as council president in a private meeting Friday at member Julian Rogers' home in Cleveland Heights.

The private meeting came as a surprise because the Democrats had agreed Nov. 19 to choose a leader at an open meeting and called off an earlier private meeting to discuss the president and vice president issues after complaints arose about their secrecy.

Dale Miller, who had vied for the president's position along with Connally and Chuck Germana, was picked as vice president.

Seriously, I mean really come on...

Is there something else to this story, anything at all that would make any resident/voter in the county not say JFC WTF shoot these MFers.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Remind me again, how many votes did Lanci get compared to Fitzpatrick and Dolan?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Think it was 45% Fitz, 32% Dolan, 11% Lanci. Whatever the mix I know Fitz had more then Lanci and Dolan combined.

However IMO (as a Republican hack) Fitzgerald seems to be making all the right moves to this point. Quite satisfied with what I have seen of him, this council is far more "party machine" then Fitzgerald. Nice sidebar is they didn't even invite all the Democrat council people for fear that they would raise a stink about it not being open/no Republican involvement. Afraid that the 3 Republicans would have voted Germana and thus given him the President slot. Long story short not a united front even between the Democrats on council. (Should be a good result)
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Bottom line is you don't have a "secret" meeting unless you have an agenda, before the clock officially starts ticking?

Fuck em, I hope we find all of em in a dumpster on December 26th.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Orenthal wrote:Think it was 45% Fitz, 32% Dolan, 11% Lanci. Whatever the mix I know Fitz had more then Lanci and Dolan combined.

However IMO (as a Republican hack) Fitzgerald seems to be making all the right moves to this point. Quite satisfied with what I have seen of him, this council is far more "party machine" then Fitzgerald. Nice sidebar is they didn't even invite all the Democrat council people for fear that they would raise a stink about it not being open/no Republican involvement. Afraid that the 3 Republicans would have voted Germana and thus given him the President slot. Long story short not a united front even between the Democrats on council. (Should be a good result)

Well said. I just wanted to point out that for everyone that wanted reform, three-quarters of the votes went for a guy who was against reform and a guy who didn't even live in the county, all because of their party affiliation. We shouldn't be shocked that the machine still keeps chugging along.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 pm

FUDU wrote:Bottom line is you don't have a "secret" meeting unless you have an agenda, before the clock officially starts ticking?

You really suck at tough talk, you know that?

A dumpster? What about all those Cleveland dumpster babies? Where are they gonna go?

You say "I hope they get murdered infront of their families".

Fucking Amateur.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby hebner20 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:Bottom line is you don't have a "secret" meeting unless you have an agenda, before the clock officially starts ticking?

You really suck at tough talk, you know that?

A dumpster? What about all those Cleveland dumpster babies? Where are they gonna go?

You say "I hope they get murdered infront of their families".

Fucking Amateur.

CDT, come up here and kick the weather's ass. you are the man to do it. my back can't take any more shovelling. we've got 3 more f'ing months of lake effect to deal with up here. :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."
:fu: (mooning)
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Return to No Holds Barred