Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

How Long Before Riley Descends from Heaven?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: How Long Before Riley Descends from Heaven?

Unread postby daddywags » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Mike Brown has been on the receiving end of that before.

And the Cavs handled it wrong by allowing him to get away with it. Will Riles turn the other way, too? Should be interesting to watch.

I think he will, but hope he won't. If he does, sooner or later, he will be on the receiving end of one of those "bumps."
daddywags

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 am

^ The Cavs let James get away with alot of wrong things in his 7 years here for fear that he would go Game 5 for an entire season or opt out earlier than '10. Don't think Miami will do much. Spols seems to be the odd guy out. Word is not only James but Bosh isn't too keen on listening to the coaching staff either. Maybe the rumors of James and Bosh playing to get Riles back down courtside have some truth in it. IDK

***edit*** and then there's this....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5862172
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby papacass » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Spoelstra is a highly inadequate coach for the Heat. You're going to take three superstar divas and coach them up with a 40-year-old former U. of Portland standout with no NBA street cred, other than Pat Riley's rubber stamp?

There are no made men in the NBA coaching ranks. Bron, Wade and Bosh don't care if you are Riley's personal hire. All they see is this no-name shmuck bitching at them about not having enough intensity in practice, harshing their South Beach mellow.

Either Riley is letting Spoelstra get himself fired so that he can take over (the Holmgren/Mangini conspiracy theory) or he truly believed that his three trophy wives were going to be professionals who are willing to listen to the coach because he's the coach.

Or maybe he bought into the idea that 65 wins was a slam dunk with so much awesomeness on the team (the "trained chimp could coach this team to a title" theory).

In any case, it doesn't reflect well on Riley.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:43 pm

I thought he was given a lot of props in the past two seasons for winning with a rather dud roster, even while giving up pieces in hopes of the landing of LBJ in 2010?

Thing is if rumors are true that ES is hard on LeBron then I say, about time. Also to the mention of offensive issues from the players, welcome to LeIso.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Look in another year or two this team will be stuffed with guys excited to make the NBA minimum just to win the sausage. The association is full of 39 year old Karl Malone's who are sick of money and just want to win baby.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Simmons's BS Report with Dan LeBatard was a damn good hour.

- Riley isn't descending from anywhere, he and the team owner are already present at Heat practices.
- Its possible that DWade's more banged up than anyone really knows.
- Joel Anthony is making something like $18 million over 5 years.
- Both Simmons and LeBatard caught themselves in the show talking about who of the three will get traded first, or how the Heat may be missing Dorell Wright.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Simmons's BS Report with Dan LeBatard was a damn good hour.

- Riley isn't descending from anywhere, he and the team owner are already present at Heat practices.
- Its possible that DWade's more banged up than anyone really knows.
- Joel Anthony is making something like $18 million over 5 years.
- Both Simmons and LeBatard caught themselves in the show talking about who of the three will get traded first, or how the Heat may be missing Dorell Wright.

Half of the last bullet is very interesting to me, DougE. Given now that more of the pundit takes are Bron & DWade's games are irreconcileable (legler was on this today) , I wonder when this is quietly considered for real? They just have no juice to get any of the last missing pieces, and Miller + Haslim only add so much.

I do think Wade is hurt. But so what? Cat is dinged a full 20% of his career IIRC.

What was most interesting to me was Dampier and Howard now strating to go A mason inside. Relates directly to our TCF thread here two week ago about how the way to beat El Heat is to beat up El Heat. Did Riels tell Speoastraeoeoeuauyae that he needed to go Charletown Chiefs with his two old stiffs to show some team toughness since Team Punk didn't have it in them?

I still think they are better than one game over .500 , but I think they are closer to there than 73 wins.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm

jb wrote:Half of the last bullet is very interesting to me, DougE. Given now that more of the pundit takes are Bron & DWade's games are irreconcileable (legler was on this today) , I wonder when this is quietly considered for real? They just have no juice to get any of the last missing pieces, and Miller + Haslim only add so much.

Not this season at the least, and maybe not the next if there is one. They have to at least see if the team can find some sort of rhythm and try tacking on a mid-level piece or two to see if that helps.

I do think Wade is hurt. But so what? Cat is dinged a full 20% of his career IIRC.

I remember someone here early on comparing Wade's health to IHS's, I'm wondering if the comparison goes even beyond that. Look at Hughes's last years in Washington with Agent Zero riding shotgun compared to what happened when he switched to Team Lebron. I know its too early to tell, but...

And remember how often we heard Roker didn't know jack about offense? Amazingly enough we're now hearing the same about Coach Kumar, who already has Riles hanging about as his own personal Tex Winter. Funny how that works.

I still think they are better than one game over .500 , but I think they are closer to there than 73 wins.

I think the Heat Indexes should be whether or not they'll break the Raptors, Heat, and Cavs' records from last year.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA