Text Size

College Sports Arena

This Just In...

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

This Just In...

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Les Miles is still an idiot. That is all.
municipalmutt

Re: This Just In...

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:06 am

I'm not a big fan of Miles, but honestly I'm impressed that he could go 10-2 with one of the worst QB situations in BCS football, especially considering the losses are at Auburn (going to play in the title game) and at a BCS top 10 Arkansas. Some of you guys that nit-pick about Pryor would have swallowed a bullet if you had to watch 12 games worth of Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee leading Ohio State.

And yes, I do know that the QB situation is not anyone else's doing other than Miles himself, but playing with the hand he had this season I'm shocked that it ended at double digit wins. I was calling 7-5 before the season started.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:28 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:I'm not a big fan of Miles, but honestly I'm impressed that he could go 10-2 with one of the worst QB situations in BCS football, especially considering the losses are at Auburn (going to play in the title game) and at a BCS top 10 Arkansas. Some of you guys that nit-pick about Pryor would have swallowed a bullet if you had to watch 12 games worth of Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee leading Ohio State.

And yes, I do know that the QB situation is not anyone else's doing other than Miles himself, but playing with the hand he had this season I'm shocked that it ended at double digit wins. I was calling 7-5 before the season started.

Yeah, no kidding on the QB situation there. Painful.

But Jordan Jefferson has made himself kinda golden in a way. In the sense that he's done so much stupid shit in the past, that he gets an inordinant amount of credit if he just hapens to do something simply logical. Like if he's pressured in field goal range and throws the ball away, the announcer goes apeshit, "LOOK AT JORDAN JEFFERSON GROWING....". I love that type of shit.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:27 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:I'm not a big fan of Miles, but honestly I'm impressed that he could go 10-2 with one of the worst QB situations in BCS football, especially considering the losses are at Auburn (going to play in the title game) and at a BCS top 10 Arkansas. Some of you guys that nit-pick about Pryor would have swallowed a bullet if you had to watch 12 games worth of Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee leading Ohio State.

I've just never seen a coach at this level consistently mismanage the clock like he has.
Running the ball up the middle that late in the game down two scores with no sense of urgency. It was almost like he was determined to HAVE to onside kick the ball.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 pm

municipalmutt wrote:

I've just never seen a coach at this level consistently mismanage the clock like he has.
Running the ball up the middle that late in the game down two scores with no sense of urgency. It was almost like he was determined to HAVE to onside kick the ball.

Yeah, I guess I've just built a tolerance to it.

On Jefferson, this year against UL-Monroe I saw him drop back 20 yards and get an intentional grounding because he wasn't outside the tackle box. Ball reached the line of scrimmage mind you, but this fucker was able to drift backwards 60 feet without being able to move 6 feet to the right or left. He's a craftsman of mediocrity.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Return to College Sports Arena