Text Size

No Holds Barred

Midterm Elections

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Midterm Elections

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Yeah, i have 0 guns. :(

Although I getting closer to getting a pistol and shotgun. Looking at the Walther 38. Stopping power blah blah. It come in a lil package with a .22 so I can punch paper cheaply.

In another unrelated tidbit I'd like to take some borrowed guns to Alaska. I see Palin has a show on TLC. If anyone thinks that woman is running for Pres they can't read the teal leaves. She wants to be a celeb-u-tard, and is currently smack dab in the middle of doing it.

Oh, and I can't stand her, so, yeah commie all the way.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Too busy to post links, just check the DOW, seems like every other country in the world is fighting inflationary worries, while we are pumping dollars into the system to stop deflation.

Anyone see any deflation in the marketplace outside of housing? I know gas and food sure aren't cheaper. Most commodities are going skyhigh???

They totally f'd us royally here... Time was working its magic. Time is such a wonderful thing. Has a way of just smoothing out all our errors and misplaced feeling of control.

I'm actually more Republican than you because I own more guns. So suck on that you butt fucking Commie Hippie fruit salad.

That was beautiful.

I mean, if that wasn't reaching across party lines I don't what is.

Sure, you were reaching across those lines to choke the living shit out of someone on that side, but it was a reach.

And that's a start dammit.

Proud of you CDT. The ball is clearly in O's court now.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Walthers' are good pistols, a bit pricey IMO. If you're looking for something to take out to the range and plink with a .22 is cheap and fun. Home defense it might be lacking a bit, but if you hit 'em in the head or heart it won't matter. .38 is pretty much ideal for home/personal defense.

Shotgun? Just get a Remmy 870, best value for the money and it'll never let you down. Unless you want one of those tacticool set-ups with 800 accessory rails.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Walthers' are good pistols, a bit pricey IMO. If you're looking for something to take out to the range and plink with a .22 is cheap and fun. Home defense it might be lacking a bit, but if you hit 'em in the head or heart it won't matter. .38 is pretty much ideal for home/personal defense.

Shotgun? Just get a Remmy 870, best value for the money and it'll never let you down. Unless you want one of those tacticool set-ups with 800 accessory rails.

See that? I have an 870 and a .38

We were meant for each other despite you calling me a drunken Irish prick.

;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Unless you want one of those tacticool set-ups with 800 accessory rails.

Woohoo flashlight and other cool stuff. Yes please. I have enough money to waste.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Unless you want one of those tacticool set-ups with 800 accessory rails.

Woohoo flashlight and other cool stuff. Yes please. I have enough money to waste.

Pffft obviously. I mean who doesn't want a GPS, laser light, flashlight, compass, range finder, cellphone charger, and cigarette dispenser on their shotgun?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Stop robbing my house, I'm grinding my own beans... Fun!

An accessory that pulls the person into your house after you shoot them...
Orenthal

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:21 pm

I have a 1943 issue Mosin Nagant, so I can at least claim my gun may have shot a Nazi.

Orenthal wrote:In another unrelated tidbit I'd like to take some borrowed guns to Alaska. I see Palin has a show on TLC. If anyone thinks that woman is running for Pres they can't read the teal leaves. She wants to be a celeb-u-tard, and is currently smack dab in the middle of doing it.

Maybe I'm reading the wrong tea leaves. Of course she's in it for the fame and money, but what better way to cement your celeb-u-tard status than by running as the first ever female major candidate for President? Its an all expense-paid year-plus nationwide junket, and since she has no chance in hell of winning the general she can saunter back off back to her now permanent seats in the FOX News green room. Mission Accomplished.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote: Of course she's in it for the fame and money, but what better way to cement your celeb-u-tard status than by running as the first ever female major candidate for President?

I know the Dems took it on the chin badly this November, but I have a hard time lumping Hillary in with Angela Davis becasue of one mid-term election.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:04 pm

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Tame-inflation-gives-Fed-ammo-apf-1476850058.html?x=0

OJ & Z - some more news on this. This piece is saying no inflation except fuel & food, OJ. FWIW.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I won't pretend to be anything other then an arm-chair Austrian School economist, but didn't we just go through a housing boom? Naturally it seems that we need a housing bust to reach "normal" levels. To me the Fed is basically kicking the problem down the road, and it continues to delay the correction.

Gas to get to work, food to eat, energy to warm my house/power my toys. Paint me less worried about deflation then the Fed.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I have a 1943 issue Mosin Nagant, so I can at least claim my gun may have shot a Nazi.

Yep I got one of those. Fuckin thing kicks like a Ruskie mule.

Oh and OJ, How long till the Repubs cut Mikey Steele loose? Dude is a serious liability.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:04 pm

I was thinking months ago, I really do not know how the guy is holding on. The complaints about him have become a trend, and what happened weeks ago was done in spite of him.

Even if the mainstream didn't like some of these canidates that were a bit out there, how do you not support them in some way. They still had an R after their name. I don't have much faith in the guy.
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

jb wrote:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Tame-inflation-gives-Fed-ammo-apf-1476850058.html?x=0

OJ & Z - some more news on this. This piece is saying no inflation except fuel & food, OJ. FWIW.

Of course, the two most important things we need. The question is which is more important, I say fuel.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 pm

This is what I found more interesting.

http://blogs.forbes.com/greatspeculatio ... -bernanke/

How do you know when you have messed with all of it too much, when it starts doing the opposite of what you are attempting to get it to do. I understand it is likely just a short-term move and there are other factors in the markets, but damn if that isn't a little disturbing.

To me, it seems to be getting clearer that the biggest thing needed is time.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 pm

lol. "Forbes Blog".

They ain't be having no articles on guns or beer.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:lol. "Forbes Blog".

They ain't be having no articles on guns or beer.

No TV and no beer make CDT something something....
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Walthers' are good pistols, a bit pricey IMO. If you're looking for something to take out to the range and plink with a .22 is cheap and fun. Home defense it might be lacking a bit, but if you hit 'em in the head or heart it won't matter. .38 is pretty much ideal for home/personal defense.

I knew it. You're Jack Reacher, aren't you?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred