Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

fan up miami?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

fan up miami?

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:00 pm

To be sure, the Heat haven't started this season as they were supposed to — particularly at home — but Miami has sat on its hands even during championship runs. In 2006, Heat crowds didn't bother to make much noise for Wade and Shaq, and the Florida Marlins haven't caught on with local fans despite winning the World Series in two of their first 11 seasons. In most cities — in Cleveland, let's say — this run of championships would constitute a golden age for local sports. In South Beach, they're teaching their fans how to cheer.

http://deadspin.com/5690156/heat-stroke ... w-to-cheer

Found this pretty funny.

While I know the city of Cleveland is far from a basketball mecca, at the very least we show up and try to have some understanding of the game.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: fan up miami?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:02 pm

You forget all those "our fans suck" posts???
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:46 pm

There's no way I'm posting one sentence on fans and their proper response until about 9pm on Thursday Dec 2nd.

Because showing up late or yenta-ing it up during play might pale in comparison to what happens at The Q that night.

If you don't think we'll see a few 'Appropriate Behavior' memos from the Cavs and the NBA you're Charlie Sheen-level crazy.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby papacass » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 pm

The same thing that makes the Three Egos want to hook up in Miami is the same thing that makes sports spectacularly unpopular there.

party party hot chicks party party dance club VIP section party party party....oh, cool, basketball....well, catch ya later party party party......

I savor the irony.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 am

Asomeone said on another board, Miami is a late night town. People are still napping at 7pm in order to go out at 11pm and party til 4am. If the Heat tipped off at 11:30 pm or 5 am, you'd see a full house.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 pm

The fact that they have to campaign this for a team that has Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, and LEBRON JAMES is hysterical.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby papacass » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:The fact that they have to campaign this for a team that has Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, and LEBRON JAMES is hysterical.

LBJ was too good to rule over a kingdom that worshipped him. Now, he'd give anything to mean half as much to a city of multilingual tanned bodies that has approximately 700 things they'd rather be doing than watching NBA basketball. But Miami is an LBJ kind of town and the beautiful, rich crowd are his people. So I guess it's the price you pay for fitting in.

Athletes are the same sycophantic humps the rest of us are. It's just a matter of who you suck up to. Jocks want to be movie stars. Movie stars want to be rock stars. Rock stars want to be jocks. It's the circle of life.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 pm

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Honestly, this is so pathetic it makes me sick.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Sadly the Sports Pickle missed out on the 'Man Up, Lebron' flyer.

Man up... means stop whining to Wes and Maverick every time Coach calls you out in practice.

Man up... means remembering we paid Dwayne and Chris good money for you not to treat them like Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden in crunch time.

Man up... means knowing that even if Scott Raab is acting like Alex Forrest with the Gallagher family rabbit, that its still no reason to send Zydrunas to bring his head back to you on a silver platter.

Man up... means realizing that if you're sitting, Juwan has to take off his warm-ups and take out his walker.

Man up... means not inundating Mr. Riley with repeated requests to replace Coach with Dru Joyce.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Sadly the Sports Pickle missed out on the 'Man Up, Lebron' flyer.
Man up... means knowing that even if Scott Raab is acting like Alex Forrest with the Gallagher family rabbit, that its still no reason to send Zydrunas to bring his head back to you on a silver platter.

Good God is Raab merciless. And it's close to what you say too. But you know what? I'm fine with Raab and Woj going Christian Crusades on LBJ's ass for as long as it takes to seep into the collective consciences of fans everywhere as to what a piece of shit tWoA is.

Yep. It's like that.

When tWoA takes some responsibility/accountability for his own actions and points a sincere finger at himself then I'll say enough is enough with the Raab/Woj daily and merciless assault.

Until then I'm riding on their parade float.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Sadly the Sports Pickle missed out on the 'Man Up, Lebron' flyer.

Good God is Raab merciless. And it's close to what you say too. But you know what? I'm fine with Raab and Woj going Christian Crusades on LBJ's ass for as long as it takes to seep into the collective consciences of fans everywhere as to what a piece of shit tWoA is.

Yep. It's like that.

When tWoA takes some responsibility/accountability for his own actions and points a sincere finger at himself then I'll say enough is enough with the Raab/Woj daily and merciless assault.

Until then I'm riding on their parade float.

I'll have you know that the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint. I have friends who died face down in the muck so that we can enjoy the Raab/Woj assault.

I'm stayin'.

Readin' my Raab/Woj. Enjoyin' my Raab/Woj.

BTW - I read that Raab is working on a book about Cleveland sports. This may be old news, but I wasn't aware of it until yesterday.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Link to the blurb about the Raab book on PBT:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/16/one-book-that-will-not-be-a-love-letter-to-lebron/

Now, as noted at Sports Illustrated (via TrueHoop), Raab is going to be writing a book that is a “meditation on Cleveland and loyalty and fanhood.” Yeah, we see where that is going. Here is what he told SI:

“I’m not looking for a showdown at the O.K. Corral,” Raab said. “To the extent that Twitter is a persona, that’s where the persona is. The only thing I really want to ask LeBron is what do you tell the kid who is growing up in Cleveland who loved you and felt he was part of something special because you were The Man? The whole idea of fanhood on the face of it is silly, but it is no less real. What he put the town through, I am very angry about.”
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:35 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Now, as noted at Sports Illustrated (via TrueHoop), Raab is going to be writing a book that is a “meditation on Cleveland and loyalty and fanhood.” Yeah, we see where that is going. Here is what he told SI:

“I’m not looking for a showdown at the O.K. Corral,” Raab said. “To the extent that Twitter is a persona, that’s where the persona is. The only thing I really want to ask LeBron is what do you tell the kid who is growing up in Cleveland who loved you and felt he was part of something special because you were The Man? The whole idea of fanhood on the face of it is silly, but it is no less real. What he put the town through, I am very angry about.”

Well, and it's really just sad, how lebron squandered what could have been a great thing he could have done for his home-area. Being an Icon for years to come.

Seriously, we all had that dream as a kid, playing in the back yard, jokingly talking about finally winning one for the Indians, Cavs or Brownies (mine was kicking the Yankees ass in the ALCS), None of us were ever good enough to do it, but we still dreamed about it. Very few people get put in that opportunity to be what LeBron could have been for NEOhio. Kosar was the last one, Enberg saying during the drive of "The Fumble game" sort of always echoed through my mind what he must have been thinking

"When you're a kid and you grow up some 70 miles from Cleveland, you dream about certain opportunities, we all did in our youth, Bernie Kosar grew up a Cleveland Browns fan, and now it's his turn to rally Cleveland"
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Raab on the Miami Heat blacklist.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebron-james/miami-heat-press-111610

I feel bad for Scott. It seems that he'll have no other alternative than to write really nice things about LeBron from now on.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Raab on the Miami Heat blacklist.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebron-james/miami-heat-press-111610

I feel bad for Scott. It seems that he'll have no other alternative than to write really nice things about LeBron from now on.

Raab and Woj know what they saw and wonder why no one else seems to see it. Yes, every column of theirs is the same.

That's fine. Maybe as some suggest they're writing to hear applause.

I don't give a shit.

It's about feeling vindictive, spiteful and hateful.

Write on gentlemen.

The Heat PR department just made this worse. And I'll bet you a dollar to a donut it was at the request of tWoA. More likely one of his nut-sucking sycophants so the tWoA could maintain the plausible deniability that has become his life.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby swerb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:54 pm

This is priceless, from the Raab archive. The "second Dan Gilbert letter", after Z left to go to Miami ... classic:

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebron- ... s-07142010

July 14, 2010

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio, Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight, and residents of Kaunas, Lithuania;

As you know, our former brittle, aging center is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.
It was announced with a cowardly "press release" that our once-beloved "Z" has reached a "Decision" to play alongside the motherfucking piece of shit who betrayed us all last week.

Clearly, this is disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that we had no further use for him. He hasn't played much basketball for the last couple of seasons, he's slow as molasses, and once he taught Anderson Varejao how to eat with utensils and use a condom, he wasn't of much use.

Still, you simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally hope that someone notices that Jesse Jackson's son tried to buy a seat in the U.S. Senate from Rod Blagojevich."

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge, and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU DiGiorno pizza, right to your seat at the Q, free of charge. All you can eat. And if the Cavs lose by 15 or less, visit the locker room after the game, where Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams will give all fans free footrubs.

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Never looked at that one but it is excellent. I love the guy. And he clearly states that the Twitter Scott Raab is a persona. His Wade article today was excellent too. No animosity, respect, good work.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA