Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs v. Sixers (already over edition)

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs v. Sixers (already over edition)

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Do I get credit for a winning streak?

Ouch, no game thread. This is awful. I didn't even realize they were playing because there wasn't one.

Oh, we won 101-93.

This must be what it is like to write for a newspaper... I didnt watch it and all I know is the score. 5 in double digits and 9 with 7+ points, appear as if it was a team effort.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Cavs v. Sixers (already over edition)

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm

hahahahaha
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Quite possibly their last win of the month.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm

When is Sessions going to snap out of it? He's shooting 38.1% from the field, down from his 43-46% level over the last three seasons. Even his free throw percentage is way down. The Cavs needed him to step up tonight with Mo out and he goes 1-for-8 from the field. They won anyway against a pathetic team, but they need Ramon to pull himself together. This kind of uptempo style should be perfect for a guy like him.

Fortunately Boobie was on top of his game.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Prosecutor wrote:When is Sessions going to snap out of it? He's shooting 38.1% from the field, down from his 43-46% level over the last three seasons. Even his free throw percentage is way down. The Cavs needed him to step up tonight with Mo out and he goes 1-for-8 from the field. They won anyway against a pathetic team, but they need Ramon to pull himself together. This kind of uptempo style should be perfect for a guy like him.

Fortunately Boobie was on top of his game.

Sessions plays fast but is never under a semblance of control - like the good point guards are. Kind of defeats the purpose. Ends up throwing up some wild shots and missing dish opportunities cause the game never slows for him. The other end of the spectrum is a guy like Rose, so quick, yet at the same time, so in control of his actions. Suppose this is why the guy was available. And horrible on D.

If are an NBA fan, this was a good game to miss. Holy Christ.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 am

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Quite possibly their last win of the month.

My thoughts exactly

At the 8-1 Hornets and 8-1 Spurs next
Then it's the Pacers again, Bucks, Magic, Grizz and home to Boston.

If we can get 2 wins out of those I'd be more than satisfied
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 am

leadpipe wrote:Sessions plays fast but is never under a semblance of control - like the good point guards are. Kind of defeats the purpose. Ends up throwing up some wild shots and missing dish opportunities cause the game never slows for him. The other end of the spectrum is a guy like Rose, so quick, yet at the same time, so in control of his actions. Suppose this is why the guy was available. And horrible on D.

If are an NBA fan, this was a good game to miss. Holy Christ.

^This

Sessions has played the same from game 1 until now, too fast and too out of control. I mentioned this in an earlier game thread. He's forcing himself into the paint and throwing up wild shots. I like the idea of getting to the paint but if he maintained some sense of control he could dish it off to a teammate for an easy layup, at least you'd like to think it would happen. I would hope that Scott has addressed this with him at practice and if he has, it obviously isn't sinking in. Plus when he's out of control and throwing up desperation shots, he's now off balance and no factor on transition D.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA