Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

How Long Before Riley Descends from Heaven?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

How Long Before Riley Descends from Heaven?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Wanna see a Celtic win tonight just for the kicks and giggles a Heat loss gives me for days after.

Look at Woj's latest which was ostensibly a "Will Riley Coach" piece that turned into another 6 paragraph beat down of TWoA.

I don't care if it's time to move on. I love seeing the guy take a beating ;-) ;) :wink:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... heat111110

And don’t think for a moment that LeBron James’(notes) tempered praise of his own coach hasn’t gone unnoticed in the league. Once he praised the Hall of Fame status of Jerry Sloan, insisted that Sloan knew exactly what the Heat would run at the end of the overtime loss on Tuesday, the passive-aggressive act that Mike Brown knew all too well with the Cleveland Cavaliers returned.

The true judgment of Spoelstra won’t come until the postseason. Whatever issues these Heat have in the regular season, they’ll still have a lot of long winning streaks and blowout victories. They’ll still push past 60 victories. Spoelstra and Wade have a bond, history and a common goal beyond winning titles: Keeping Riley upstairs, keeping themselves in power.

Should Pat Riley return to coaching the Heat?Yes No View Results
When things don’t go well for the Heat, there’s one guarantee: James will never take responsibility. Here’s a man who quit in the middle of Game 5 to the Celtics a season ago, stopped playing in a conference semifinal and still wanted Brown and his supporting cast blamed like in the past. Here’s a man who needed Nike to make some kind of half-baked commercial apology that only came within the context of pushing his shoes. James knows only how to be about James, and he’ll sacrifice anyone to protect himself.

Ultimately, Spoelstra is an easy target for everyone. He’s a fine coach and he’s thrust into a tougher job than people want to admit. Without size, without much depth, he must win a title now. What’s more, the flaws that come with James as a leader – especially the focus that comes and goes – takes its toll on a team.

Perhaps James likes the idea of Riley’s cachet and privately hopes he’s his coach someday. Only he knows right now. Ultimately, James will dominate the organization. That’s coming with him, and they all know it. Unless the Heat play better, blame will come, and come in unprecedented ways. No regular season has ever been under so much examination, even with all the pompom coverage the Heat get in the media.

“LeBron doesn’t know Riley as a coach,” one league executive said. “LeBron has been coddled most of his life, and I just don’t see him embracing Pat’s style as a coach.”
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: How Long Before Riley Descends from Heaven?

Unread postby papacass » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:35 pm

C's demolishing the Heat 61-46 close to the half.

Said it before, and I'll reiterate: Everything that is about to happen to Erik Spoelstra, Mike Brown has been there and done that. One day, Brown-Spoelstra Corp. will manufacture squeezable stress balls shaped like LeBron's head.

(Yes, Bron is a superlative player, you put up with his petulance to have his talent, etc. etc. amen. Still doesn't mean LBJ is anywhere near easy to coach. Or Wade. Or Bosh.)
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 pm

papacass wrote:C's demolishing the Heat 61-46 close to the half.

Said it before, and I'll reiterate: Everything that is about to happen to Erik Spoelstra, Mike Brown has been there and done that. One day, Brown-Spoelstra Corp. will manufacture squeezable stress balls shaped like LeBron's head.

(Yes, Bron is a superlative player, you put up with his petulance to have his talent, etc. etc. amen. Still doesn't mean LBJ is anywhere near easy to coach. Or Wade. Or Bosh.)

I saw Brown on NBAtv last week. Looked great, sounded great. Must be a wonderful year spent double dipping on an NBA coach's salary and a TV contract. Knowing full well you'll coach again in the NBA too.

Stress free living. And good for him. Better man than NBA game coach but that effing league needs some sincerity and credibility.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

"We don't like anybody." - Ray Allen.

I love that. I love the Celtics. I was ashamed and would not admit to that liking starting while we were still playing them last year.

The essence of sport, IMO, is winning, beating your opponent.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:11 am

Scott_Raab
All the #WhoreOfAkron needs is the right supporting cast. Magic, Russell, Malone, and Jordan.

:thumb up: :lmfao:

It's so much fun watching that sac-less Miami team get beat. Wade's a no-show, LBJ throwing up three's that hit the side of the backboard on crucial possessions and RuPaul getting owned by a no-kneed 35 yr old man each time they meet.

They don't have the balls or the inside presence to beat either the Celtics or Lakers.

They just don't. Not as currently equipped.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:39 am

If it's gonna happen this season I say not until 30 games in, AND ONLY if the Heat are a couple games over .500. Something like a 17-13 and holding pattern around the 4th or 5th seed.

I always loved the look of Riley walking court side but just don't think he would be the difference maker with this group.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:42 am

Orenthal wrote:"We don't like anybody." - Ray Allen.

I love that. I love the Celtics. I was ashamed and would not admit to that liking starting while we were still playing them last year.

I as well. MJ and Bird have probably displayed the ultimate competitive killer instinct in the last 30 years. Magic while an all time great didn't quite have that instinct like those two. You just don't see it much anymore, Kobe has a little of it, I think Paul Pierce does as well not too many others right now IMO.

FUDU

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 am

Wanted to put this somewhere.

Paul Pierce's tweet from tonight

It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis

These guys are funnier when I don't hate them anymore.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:07 am

Ziner wrote:Wanted to put this somewhere.

I was just going to post this. :clap:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:32 am

I love Paul Pierce when I'm not busy being disgusted by him and despising him.

That's tremendous.

You think the guys in the league don't know what a douchebag TWoA is? The Miami fans have their eyes as tightly shut as we did. What few, actual Miami fans there are.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:25 am

Orenthal wrote:"We don't like anybody." - Ray Allen.

As you watch the celtic and lakers sail off into the sunset as their cores tip over the unreliable 34 - 35 year old point, you wonder if you are seeing the last of the old school NBA teams.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:26 am

sideways 8
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:48 am

jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:51 am

Was just coming to post a snippet of that:

Yes, they’re getting to know each other. With two horrific losses within three days at American Airlines Arena, the Heat are mortified to find themselves fighting to stay above .500, and Spoelstra is getting to know his superstar, LeBron James(notes). Chris Bosh(notes) came and went, Dwyane Wade(notes) stood in the corners and watched. Most of all, James found himself in postseason shape, closing a loss to the Boston Celtics with a missed layup, two missed free throws and a corner 3-pointer off the side of the backboard.

The world’s bearing down, times are tumultuous, and James is the one Heat star in playoff form.

“For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.”

There you go, Coach Spo.

Get to know him well.

Two days earlier, James had done nothing in overtime and ultimately decided the difference was a Hall of Fame coach, Jerry Sloan, who knew exactly what the Heat were going to do. James never takes responsibility, never says, “I’m the MVP and I need to do more.” He didn’t do it in Cleveland, and he’s never going to do it in Miami. Now, 44 minutes in a grudge game with the Celtics is too much. Always an out, always an excuse.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:57 am

How bout:

As the Celtics hung around town for a couple days before the game, they loved hearing the Heat lament about how tough teams had been on them, how they’d been targeted for physical play. So the Celtics started laying out Miami players with forceful screens, flagrant fouls and crushing shots at the rim. They harassed Wade into missing 10 of 12 shots and made James work for his 35 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists.

Frequent isolations are reducing Wade to an offensive sidebar, and the death of ball movement is turning these Heat into something so eerily familiar with the Cleveland Cavaliers: LeBron, and four guys watching LeBron.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:04 am

Nobody is on point about LeBron as much as Woj has been the past 6 months, nobody, and here we all thought you had to live in LBJ's pants to be that spot on.

The Celtics seem to be taking on the role of NBA vigilante, and I'll get behind them all the way on that. Hey let's face it the Cavs aren't winning an NBA championship this year, so while I'll cheer them on is it wrong of me to also cheer on a team with the make up of the Celtics to do what we cannot, even if partially out of spite?

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 am

FUDU wrote:Nobody is on point about LeBron as much as Woj has been the past 6 months, nobody, and here we all thought you had to live in LBJ's pants to be that spot on.

Hillarious.

And that is exacly WHY you'll get no accuracy or relavancey from Fat Sweaty Kid.

He knows it ALL but he won't spill. He got bought off.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:09 am

peeker643 wrote:How bout:

As the Celtics hung around town for a couple days before the game, they loved hearing the Heat lament about how tough teams had been on them, how they’d been targeted for physical play. So the Celtics started laying out Miami players with forceful screens, flagrant fouls and crushing shots at the rim. They harassed Wade into missing 10 of 12 shots and made James work for his 35 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists.

Frequent isolations are reducing Wade to an offensive sidebar, and the death of ball movement is turning these Heat into something so eerily familiar with the Cleveland Cavaliers: LeBron, and four guys watching LeBron.

The salient point here for teams not as talneted as the Celtics is that you have to club this team; go Charleston Chiefs on their pampered asses. Eddie Shore. Old time hockey. Risk the FF's. Reduce them to Bron cherry picking.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:11 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:How bout:

The salient point here for teams not as talneted as the Celtics is that you have to club this team; go Charleston Chiefs on their pampered asses. Eddie Shore. Old time hockey. Risk the FF's. Reduce them to Bron cherry picking.

Amen. Big Baby bodied tWoA on a run out and Shaq hammered him as well. LBJ looked toward to referee like he was Gloria with a binky.

And they can talk and talk about how they all need to toughen up and have each other's backs but until one of the BFFs actually does it it's all bullshit. And I highy doubt it'll be tWoA or Bosh.

It's great. tWoA will be all bluster again when they roll up the Pistons or Bobcats by 30.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Riley might be the sentimental choice but he might not want to enter into the fray again.
He has to be a smart man and realize the Celtics aren't even at full capacity. No Perkins, No West, No J. O'Neal. The Heat have a multitude of problems especially given their bench right now rivals the Washington Generals. I think I am feeling a little verclept right now for them. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh and it is more than safe to say all the 70+ win talk can be put to rest now.

At 5-4, 67-6 isn't going to happen.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:00 pm

jb wrote:As you watch the celtic and lakers sail off into the sunset as their cores tip over the unreliable 34 - 35 year old point, you wonder if you are seeing the last of the old school NBA teams.

Honestly, I think The Decision may have been the best thing to light a fire in the Association. Everyone's playing Miami with a chip on their shoulder, and the contenders are in full 'fuck you ESPN how do you like us now' mode.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:04 pm

I have to repeat this, just to point it out:

“For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.”

You were behind the defending Eastern Conference champions at home the entire game and you're complaining about playing too much!?

Who'll be the first to tell Bron that Dru Joyce isn't walking through that door?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I have to repeat this, just to point it out:

You were behind the defending Eastern Conference champions at home the entire game and you're complaining about playing too much!?

Who'll be the first to tell Bron that Dru Joyce isn't walking through that door?

Can anyone ever hear Bird, Magic or Jordan uttering those words?

what a pussy.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Scott_Raab
All the #WhoreOfAkron needs is the right supporting cast. Magic, Russell, Malone, and Jordan.

:thumb up: :lmfao:

It's so much fun watching that sac-less Miami team get beat. Wade's a no-show, LBJ throwing up three's that hit the side of the backboard on crucial possessions and RuPaul getting owned by a no-kneed 35 yr old man each time they meet.

They don't have the balls or the inside presence to beat either the Celtics or Lakers.

They just don't. Not as currently equipped.

Someone on an ESPN morning show (I think Mike & Mike) that Miami should go after Erick Dampier hard as he'd be just what they needed. I couldn't contain my laughter. When Erick Dampier is the answer and the question isn't "Whose the NBA poster child for giving a shit in a contract year then reverting to form the year after?" you are in trouble.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Loving this thread.

Tough to root for any Boston team, though. Paul Pierce? Really?

I bet Boozer and Noah will be a tough matchup for Miami, too. I don't gotta root for them, do I?
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 pm

jb wrote:The salient point here for teams not as talneted as the Celtics is that you have to club this team; go Charleston Chiefs on their pampered asses. Eddie Shore. Old time hockey. Risk the FF's. Reduce them to Bron cherry picking.

OK, so now I have to ask, do the Cavs have anyone to beat on the Heat's collective asses? Varejao is more of an annoying pest on D, not so much an enforcer type. Hollins? Yeah, right. Do we need to sign someone?

Who was that thug that John Chaney threw out there a few years back at Temple? What's that guy doing?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
jb wrote:The salient point here for teams not as talneted as the Celtics is that you have to club this team; go Charleston Chiefs on their pampered asses. Eddie Shore. Old time hockey. Risk the FF's. Reduce them to Bron cherry picking.

OK, so now I have to ask, do the Cavs have anyone to beat on the Heat's collective asses? Varejao is more of an annoying pest on D, not so much an enforcer type. Hollins? Yeah, right. Do we need to sign someone?

Who was that thug that John Chaney threw out there a few years back at Temple? What's that guy doing?

No, we can't exploit this.

But I think Ogelthorpe is available.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:11 pm

I agree with JB.

It'll be a disgusting number of bro-hugs and 30 point loss for the Cavs when they meet the Heat.

Interested to see

1. whether tWoA actually shows up here (and if he tweets about some shit like threats on his life and family to keep that charade up) and;
2. the reception he gets from the Cavalites like Boobie, Mo and AV.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cease » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Can't wait for the Cavs to knock out the Heat in Round One.

Spoelstra is a dead man walking. I'd give it til the all-star break. I'm doubtful Riley comes down to the floor. I'm guessing an ex-player that Riley and Wade like, but LeBron doesn't put his support behind it 100%.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Any chance that conditioning and a deep bench can overmatch Miami's lack of depth?

Grasping, but I can take it if the answer is no.
googleeph2

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:39 pm

googleeph2 wrote:Any chance that conditioning and a deep bench can overmatch Miami's lack of depth?

Grasping, but I can take it if the answer is no.

I don't think so my man.

I think you have to be able to punch those boys in that face and watch 'em run away and cry. We don't have that on the floor other than Leon Powe who can't move.

That's why I'm saying the C's and Lakers (if healthy) won't lose a 7-game series to that soft-serve group.

And Jamison's as soft as Bosh, FTR.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cease » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:45 pm

We've got Karma in our starting line-up, so the Cleveland Fan in me holds out hope that the basketball gods will look down, warm up our shooting hands, give a bounce or two, and pull us through.

Crazy like a Cleveland fan...
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:51 pm

So why weren't the pre-Decision Cavaliers considered 'soft' then, like Cavs teams of old?
googleeph2

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 pm

googleeph2 wrote:So why weren't the pre-Decision Cavaliers considered 'soft' then, like Cavs teams of old?

I think they were clearly soft. Pierce and Garnett + C's did same to Cavs as they've done to Heat.

Maybe not as soft with Shaq but he's a shadow of what he was.

I don't think we wanted to admit it but they were pudding.

And they still are IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:07 pm

All Cavalier lamenting brings me back to Carlos Boozer.

Was he the "Robin"?

Was he the muscle the team needed?

Was The Decision the natural progression from allowing him to bolt?
(shouldn't there be a title for that? Long ago, a reporter would have labeled it
something like "Gund's Folly" or "Gund's Boner". OTOH, never mind...)
googleeph2

Unread postby papacass » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:I agree with JB.

It'll be a disgusting number of bro-hugs and 30 point loss for the Cavs when they meet the Heat.

I'm going to go with a Cleveland forfeit and a riot that will live on in the lore of Cleveland sports alongside Billy Martin's rendition of Pickett's Charge in 1974.

You think the crowd is going to stay civil (defined as "not interfering with the game") on Dec. 2? I don't.
papacass

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:27 pm

peeker643 wrote:(and if he tweets about some shit like threats on his life and family to keep that charade up)

Is there some place I can put money on this happening? Too easy.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:40 pm

papacass wrote:

I'm going to go with a Cleveland forfeit and a riot that will live on in the lore of Cleveland sports alongside Billy Martin's rendition of Pickett's Charge in 1974.

You think the crowd is going to stay civil (defined as "not interfering with the game") on Dec. 2? I don't.

I have zero patience with that. If I could back it up, I'd announce clearly that any jackass who throws anything on the floor will be fined $25K, and spend 30 days in jail.
Inciting a riot/assault and battery (pun-ha)/anything I could use. No patience.
googleeph2

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:58 pm

papacass wrote:

Dunno. I can clearly say I've never felt nor known the level of hatred for an individual as I do for the guy. Not saying it's rational, right or worng. Just what it is.

It's not the Heat or Wade or Bosh (though I think he's basically the same shape and tensile strength of a used q-tip). It's the selfishness and self-adulteration of LBJ that inflames me for whatever reason. If that manifests itself down there when combined with alcohol and frustration then yes, it could get istorically ugly.

And I truly believe tWoA is way too self absorbed to understand it even exists.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:38 pm

44 minutes is too much Spo. How you expect me to go clubbin' with Lil Wayne after that much work.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:16 am

Bron just needed as excuse for his missed layup and side backboard 3 with a minute left.

Guy can't willingly admit he just puckered up at the end of the game like we saw in the playoffs last year.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:30 am

googleeph2 wrote:All Cavalier lamenting brings me back to Carlos Boozer.

Was he the "Robin"?

Was he the muscle the team needed?

Was The Decision the natural progression from allowing him to bolt?
(shouldn't there be a title for that? Long ago, a reporter would have labeled it
something like "Gund's Folly" or "Gund's Boner". OTOH, never mind...)
Of course in hindsight, no, not even close. Boozer is weak and a punk, not much different than LBJ. Would we have had a better chance of winning it all, maybe. However in the end we'd have two players known as losers instead of one.

I'm loving the fact that Bosh is being proven as over rated, as many if not more than most thought was already.

FUDU

Unread postby papacass » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:59 pm

FUDU wrote:Boozer is weak and a punk, and always injured.

More so than anything in Boozer's attitude, what would have stopped him from being The Man Who Kept LeBron in Cleveland is the fact that he plays like 40 games a year.

Of course, maybe Boozer's lengthy injury history since departing is, in fact, bad karma for screwing over a blind man. But that's all heresay.
papacass

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 am

FUDU wrote:I'm loving the fact that Bosh is being proven as over rated, as many if not more than most thought was already.

Would be interesting if they'd be shopping him someday as an expiring contract.
googleeph2

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... -to-chill/

“[Heat coach Erik Spoelstra] knows he has to meet us halfway. He wants to work, we wanna chill, but we’re going to have to work to get everything down, to get our timing down, and to get our chemistry down.”

Coach Spo just doesnt get it. Doesnt he know those 6, no 7, no 8 championships are going to be handed to them?

Wanted to add this for those who havent seen it.

In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:51 am

I'll just leave this here too:

Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:00 am

2-7 vs teams .500 or better
sums up their season in a nutshell and shows their lack of an interior O/D will hurt them come playoff time
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby papacass » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:58 am

They couldn't possibly have been this oblivious, right?

I mean, a ton of thought went into the construction of this team, yes? You don't just make these decisions on a whim. You understand the implications of creating a media firestorm like this. You understand how much every other team is going to be gunning for you. You realize that you're treading into uncharted waters of team dynamics.

You realize the massive challenges that lay in front of you to make this all work, to the point that you're winning the serial titles that everyone is expecting you to win.

You sit down and think long and hard about the positives and negatives of making a decision like this. So there is no way these guys could be this dense and oblivious about their situation, right?

.....Yep. They are.
papacass

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I'll just leave this here too:

Mike Brown has been on the receiving end of that before.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA