Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Conan

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Conan

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:03 pm

I know not everybody's a fan, but I love the guy and I'm happy to see him back. Anybody else on board with his new show?
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Re: Conan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 pm

The barbarian?? He has a show?
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 pm

I always liked him. I'm pulling for him to do well. Team Coco and all that shit.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 pm

I like Conan. I even made a point to watch the premier the other night. I thought the opening sketch was pretty funny. The rest was ok. Although, I may never watch again because it is on at 11:00 and I am normally news, seinfeld then bed.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Having Conan back on television is like the world being normal again.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Also love that he's back. Will be interesting to see if they'll phase some of the old skits back. Using the Masturbating Bear once may have been a blip but if they regularly use the old skits, NBC may start having a litigating boner. The skits so far have only been meh. The Standards and Practices meeting was the only one that had me bawling. But that'll be the strength of any Conan show, having him riff and improv off of unsuspecting people.

Anyone else not digging the opening credits music? Loved the Late Night/Tonight Show theme. Is that NBC property or something?
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 pm

1st few shows have been pretty good. More old school Conan and not The Tonight Show stale, toned down version.

Had some really solid guests too, so that helps. Did 4MM viewers on opening night which is a HUGE night for TBS, hell it's a huge night for any late night show. Will be interesting to see how the audience holds up but extremely impressive.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:34 pm

metalhead9x9 wrote:Also love that he's back. Will be interesting to see if they'll phase some of the old skits back. Using the Masturbating Bear once may have been a blip but if they regularly use the old skits, NBC may start having a litigating boner. The skits so far have only been meh. The Standards and Practices meeting was the only one that had me bawling. But that'll be the strength of any Conan show, having him riff and improv off of unsuspecting people.

Anyone else not digging the opening credits music? Loved the Late Night/Tonight Show theme. Is that NBC property or something?

I'm not sure how it all works but he may not be able to use his old skits as they are property of NBC. Unless TBS bought them (and it probably wouldn't be cheap) I think he's out of luck as far as that goes.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture