Text Size

College Sports Arena

NCAA Week 10

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

NCAA Week 10

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:39 pm

The Zookers are step for step with the school up north. Zero defense. And Indiana came to play.

Some good numbers this week as well, at least I hope they are.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: NCAA Week 10

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Duke/ UVA was a video game as well, 55-48 Blue Devils.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 pm

This UM/ILL game is ridiculous.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:25 pm

21-0 TCU. Wow.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Would have been one helluva a day for the Buckeyes had Purdue been able to hold off Wisky. They just fell apart in the latter part of the 3rd quarter. Also Nebraska losing would have been nice. Obviously LSU will jump the buckeyes. Alabama, Utah and Oklahoma drop below tOSU. So really probably only gaining two-net spots. Nebraska I see as tripping up at some point.

Given that LSU still has it's final game at Arky. Might not be able to keep up in a shootout. Auburn still with Bama/UGA, and one of the two has to play in teh SECCG.

So you're saying there's still a chance!!!
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:31 am

I'll re-state it here: The BCS is now a blown game by both Oregon and Auburn from achieving Apocalypse Now. The voters' rationalizations for bumping Wiscy and the French XII champ up to the BCS bowl will be comedy fucking gold.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:12 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I'll re-state it here: The BCS is now a blown game by both Oregon and Auburn from achieving Apocalypse Now. The voters' rationalizations for bumping Wiscy and the French XII champ up to the BCS bowl will be comedy fucking gold.

I'll be stunned if Bama doesn't reduce Auburn to a puddle of tears and piss. It may not be the apocalypse, but it's going to be the impetus for some serious discussion (and laughter....and eye rolling).
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 am

Bama should have done that to LSU. Fuckers. Could have been a real good day if they covered 7. Stanford saved me in the night cap. Ducks/ Broncos for the Natl. Title.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:37 pm

as confident as I was early in the year that Boise or TCU would get into the title game, I'm more confident that they will NEVER pair both those teams up.

They gotta big problem on the horizon, and I'd wager there's some NCAA heads in meetings all week with a couple computer geeks to figure out how to get a desirable NCG and keep the money train rolling.

By the way, my absolute favorite thing in NCAA football this year (this is me and my pockets speaking) are the camera shots of Greg Robinson after every big play that defense gives up. Usually this means about 45 glimpses a game. Coming off that UMASS game, when they were runnin' thru hole Former Coach Calipari coulda run thru, you had to know once they hit big Ten play they were gonna get torched. Syracuse was one of my all-time favorite "bet against" teams for about 3 years - the bulk of Greg Robinson's coaching career there. Now he's leading the Michigan defense into an unprecedented season of suck. Combine that withe the fact that in any gien game Denard Robinson is -350 to get knocked out....just a glorious time. Kepp waiting for the lines to catch up....they just aren't.

To see Dick Rod with a shit eatin' grin after they pulled out a victory againt Illinos - while surrendering 65 bodes well for their bet against future.

Lastly, my favorite coaching moment of the week was the Zooker tee-ing it up from 39 on 4th and 1 in the third quarter - during a game in which Joe Patero's wife woulda averaged 5 a carry, and they had already converted a ton of 3rd and shorts. Kick the field goal (and miss) than lose in OT. God bless the Zooker. But please God, keep blessing Greg Robinson first.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to College Sports Arena