Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs hit the Wall

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs hit the Wall

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Second coming of Jason Kidd entertaining our delightful Cavalier young guns this evening

"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: Cavs hit the Wall

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Nice pun. Get back to .500
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 pm

I think the pun would work better if i was posted a wrap up after we had lost to Washington

But we'll win anyway so i won't get to use it in that scenario
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby JJN » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Wall & Arenas gonna kill us tonight. We can't guard Wall at all, and who is gonna cover Arenas when Wall is out there, AP? My 2 pence.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:06 pm

JJN wrote:Wall & Arenas gonna kill us tonight. We can't guard Wall at all, and who is gonna cover Arenas when Wall is out there, AP? My 2 pence.

Arenas ain't shit n dis John Wall cat? I ain't sin nothin' nuu maaaaan.

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Best part of a Byron Scott team is no pussies need apply. You're gonna get tougher and in better shape or you ain't playing.

They're on the short end of the talent stick but they compete every night.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Big Shot Boob?

Gotta ring to it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Fuckin' beautiful. Playing hard for each other and earned that one tonight. Fun to watch 'em.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 pm

peeker643 wrote:Fuckin' beautiful. Playing hard for each other and earned that one tonight. Fun to watch 'em.

Ditto.

Love seeing Boobie so clutch. Goddamn, wish he was 6-5. The upshot would be so much better. Still fun watching him develop, nonetheless.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Mo looking better and better as a complete player... ;-) ;) :wink:

...and Gibson.

...and Parker.

...and Hickson.

:thumb up:

Good win tonight on the back end of away away. Able to sit Jamo for another 3 days. Hopefully with a team that is trying to compete he shows up. Everyone else is, and outside the Toronto anamoly and the Sac-town meltdown the team is playing pretty good ball.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Orenthal wrote:Mo looking better and better as a complete player... ;-) ;) :wink:

...and Gibson.

...and Parker.

...and Hickson.

:thumb up:

Good win tonight on the back end of away away. Able to sit Jamo for another 3 days. Hopefully with a team that is trying to compete he shows up. Everyone else is, and outside the Toronto anamoly and the Sac-town meltdown the team is playing pretty good ball.

I'm gonna assume with the inclusion of Parker that you're simply giddy, drunk or stoned. ;-) ;) :wink:

Any of which, well, good for you, but please. Parker and Moon are what they've been forever. Pieces/parts and role players. Guys.

Jamo is pissing me off btw. Looks like a bitch.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:05 am

3rd Quarters are still pissing me off. I know you can't keep up an elevated level of play through 48 minutes but such a lacklustre opening to the second half has to be eliminated. We can recover when we go into the half with a lead but when the game is balanced or we're on the wrong end of a deficit those 3rd quarters of doom really put us in the hole.

Anyway great effort from the guards in particular last night. Mo and Boobie the pick of the performances as well as Parker with his 3 treys.
I was hoping to be more excited by Sessions but he's shooting very poorly so far.

TOP OF THE DIVISION!!!!!

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 am

It just looked better as a post with the three guys listed after Mo. Made the post more symmetrical. Agree Parker is Parker, don't always understand the hate for the guy, and Moon is probably the textbook case of a guy LeBron made look worlds better with spot up 3's and alley-oops.

Guess you could put Andy there, but I don't think the case is as open-shut as those other guys at this point.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 am

Orenthal wrote:It just looked better as a post with the three guys listed after Mo. Made the post more symmetrical. Agree Parker is Parker, don't always understand the hate for the guy, and Moon is probably the textbook case of a guy LeBron made look worlds better with spot up 3's and alley-oops.

Guess you could put Andy there, but I don't think the case is as open-shut as those other guys at this point.

Wait a second. It was my understanding that LeBron made everyone around him worse because he's a selfish prick. I figured Moon for the All-Star team this season. Are you telling me that's not the case?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 am

Orenthal wrote:It just looked better as a post with the three guys listed after Mo. Made the post more symmetrical. Agree Parker is Parker, don't always understand the hate for the guy, and Moon is probably the textbook case of a guy LeBron made look worlds better with spot up 3's and alley-oops.

:thumb up: to symmetrical.

I like the cut of your jib OJ.

And btw, I don't hate Parker. More to the point, he just doesn't invoke any type of emotion from me. Like I said, he's just an NBA player. No more, no less.

The question remains wheteher you can win with a roster full of 'Just Guys".

I'm not a hater man. I enjoyed the hell out of watching them hustle and scrap and fight for every possession last night.

Still think that's only gonna take you so far. And it's not to 40 wins. But like I also said, not a game I watch I'm not hoping they don't win. Regardless of how that flies in the face of hoping for ping pong balls. Not wired to root against them.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:03 am

On Parker it is more a general sentiment. The Joe fan reaction. My read is because he isn't flashy, mostly solid, so when he bricks one or lets a guy get past him, people freak.
Orenthal

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm

I like parker. Seems like a good team guy. But I tended to agree with Peek, and now that this thread has me thinking about it a little more - I really agree with him.

Just about everything he does is middle of the road. He can hit some open shots...struggles to create his own. Plays hard nosed D....but gets out athleticed by a fair number of guys. Runs the floor.....ok.

FWIW his value this year will be determined by how he holds up defensively as the season rolls forward. Seemed to wear down inthat regard last year.

So, he's too mediocre to blow, but he's too mediocre to be good. Not close to a guy you want to cut, but you can only have so many on a team that really wins.

But, if the Cavs finish exactly .500 - I'd put him on the cover of the media guide.

And he's still better than his sister.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:06 pm

^Is about how I feel. I listen to too much local sports talk, so I hear alot of retards. I know about the alternatives, but I am usually on the road, bouncing from place to place w/o a cpu or sat radio.
Orenthal

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA