Text Size

College Sports Arena

6 unbeatens on the road today

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

6 unbeatens on the road today

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:28 am

I think two of them go down today, possibly more.

Can Auburn bust the Nutt? Ole Miss certainly has a recent history of making life tough for the top SEC teams. I think Auburn survives.

I just can't see MSU getting out of Iowa with a W.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: 6 unbeatens on the road today

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:03 am

FUDU wrote:I think two of them go down today, possibly more.

Can Auburn bust the Nutt? Ole Miss certainly has a recent history of making life tough for the top SEC teams. I think Auburn survives.

I just can't see MSU getting out of Iowa with a W.

Nice call.
Big 10 Tie Breaker Rules

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102204aad.html
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:56 am

We're down to five unbeaten teams remaining. Only two of them- Auburn and Oregon- are from the BCS. The other three are Boise, TCU and Utah- and the latter two play one another next week.

I think we're going to have a scenario in which there's one unbeaten from the BCS (I say Oregon) and two unbeaten non-BCS (I say Utah and Boise.) I don't really see either of the non-BCS unbeatens in the title game, though. If Alabama wins out, including a win over Auburn and in the SEC title game, the Tide will play for the crystal football instead of either non-BCS unbeaten.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby tired » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:19 pm

There's this one thing that makes me think Boise/Tcu n.c. game = a play off system immediatly !
Do you do drugs? Good!
tired

Favorite Player: I dunno
Least Favorite Player: Boozer

Unread postby tired » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Upon further review of the bcs polls we are screwed !!!
Do you do drugs? Good!
tired

Favorite Player: I dunno
Least Favorite Player: Boozer

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Good to see tOSU move up in the BCS poll after several losses by higher ranked teams. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:23 pm

fundamentals wrote:Good to see tOSU move up in the BCS poll after several losses by higher ranked teams.

They're gonna need to produce and ass whoopin' at Kinnick to get back to the top 5. And that may not do it.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
fundamentals wrote:Good to see tOSU move up in the BCS poll after several losses by higher ranked teams.

They're gonna need to produce and ass whoopin' at Kinnick to get back to the top 5. And that may not do it.

Yeah the computer rankings have caught me off guard. The Big ten is really devalued by the computers.

My hopes were ties to Iowa knocking off Wisky, once that didn't happen the result is this insane position at the bottom of the top ten, which is like being in quicksand.

So strange.

We are getting treated well enough by the human polls but you can't overcome a horrific computer ranking like that.

Really there is just no chance unless wisky loses to Michigan or NW. Nothing else at all maters. I guess in some scenarios Wisconsin could go to the NC game and leave the rose open for us, but other than that really far out deal, its at best an AT-Large BCS bid from here.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 am

Erie Warrior wrote:

I don't see how they get back into the top 5, even by beating Iowa, but I am BCS illiterate.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby JoJo White » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:49 pm

JCoz wrote: I guess in some scenarios Wisconsin could go to the NC game and leave the rose open for us, but other than that really far out deal, its at best an AT-Large BCS bid from here.

Sounds really rough for you guys. /sarcasm

Try being a Texas fan this year. :thud:
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

JoJo White wrote:
JCoz wrote: I guess in some scenarios Wisconsin could go to the NC game and leave the rose open for us, but other than that really far out deal, its at best an AT-Large BCS bid from here.

Yah, I'm sure this is a pretty brutal season for you guys, kind of like 04 for OSU.

Except there is no chance for a season saving upset of an arch nemesis at the end of the rainbow for you guys.

Still it sucks this year for OSU. Legitimate NC expectations crashed, extremely large rash of injuries all seemingly to the same unit, and coupled with historically bad coverage teams from a JT squad no less. And then we get unlucky with NW and MSU being off the schedule along with Miami going in the tank, which all but destroyed any thought of a 2nd chance in the NC race, BCS Armageddon non-withstanding.

I'm sure you guys weren't feeling too great in 08 either.
JCoz

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:41 pm

JCoz wrote:
JoJo White wrote:

Yah, I'm sure this is a pretty brutal season for you guys, kind of like 04 for OSU.

Except there is no chance for a season saving upset of an arch nemesis at the end of the rainbow for you guys.

Shit - if it means there would be wholesale changes on the coaching staff including Muschamp moving up to HMFIC, I'd welcome an ass-fucking at the hands of the Aggies.
JoJo White

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:45 am

JoJo White wrote:
JCoz wrote:
JoJo White wrote:

Shit - if it means there would be wholesale changes on the coaching staff including Muschamp moving up to HMFIC, I'd welcome an ass-fucking at the hands of the Aggies.

So you are saying this a Mack Brown problem?
JCoz

Unread postby JoJo White » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 pm

JCoz wrote:
JoJo White wrote:
JCoz wrote:
JoJo White wrote:

Yep.

So you are saying this a Mack Brown problem?
JoJo White

Return to College Sports Arena