Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LA Times on Summer 2010

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

LA Times on Summer 2010

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 pm

He wasn't out to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

He didn't have South Beach on his mind, but the Cuyahoga River.

He didn't imagine this last spring when he won his second MVP award in a row and the No. 1-seeded Cavaliers looked as if they would stroll to the Eastern finals, with only Orlando between them and the long-awaited LeBron- Kobe Bryant Finals matchup.

Even after their fall in the second round to Boston, James remained open to — or intent on — staying … if the Cavaliers could bring someone in.

Unfortunately, with Toronto ready to take Anderson Varejao and J.J. Hickson in a sign-and-trade, Bosh turned it down.

By then, Amare Stoudemire was New York-bound.

An NBA source says the Cavaliers then offered Mo Williams and Jamario Moon for the Clippers' Baron Davis, desperate to please James, who likes Baron and was down on Mo ... even with newly hired Coach Byron Scott having clashed with Davis in New Orleans.

Realizing he was the only star who wanted to be in Cleveland, James made his announcement on that ESPN special — "going, aptly, to My-Am-Me [which] played like 'The Bachelor,' without the rose for the winner," wrote the New York Times' Maureen Dowd, taking a break from lampooning presidents

So much for the charmed portion of that life.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-leb ... ory?page=1

I don't really believe this is how it went down. I believe the parts about the Cavs throwing everything they could to get Baron Davis and Bosh were true, but I truly believe that looking back on it, lebron wanted to get out, he hates the city and is an attention whoring douche.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: LA Times on Summer 2010

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:57 pm

LeBron wanted another superstar on the roster

first choice was to have him brought to Cleveland but when that wasn't possible he fucked off with his middle finger up saying "You had your turn with me Cleveland"
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Hey, Dan Gilbert had 7 years to bring in the supporting cast and didn't. He could have played it like Pat Riley and torn down the team for two+ years, with nary a playoff spot guaranteed. That would have been sure to please LeBron.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm nit-picking, but Gilbert only had 5 years...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:28 pm

I can almost guarantee that this story was baited out there by Ari Emanuel and his LA power players.

It's complete bullshit. I'm gonna refrain bothering with the other 6 shit, I'm steering clear of. Fuck him and his merry-made of boys.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Orenthal wrote:I'm nit-picking, but Gilbert only had 5 years...

Yeah, I was just mocking the morons who say that. Too stupid to even realize that Ferry and Gilbert weren't there from the beginning.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby daddywags » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Unfortunately, with Toronto ready to take Anderson Varejao and J.J. Hickson in a sign-and-trade, Bosh turned it down.

So Bosh decided where they were going to go? Does you-know-who think this kind of press helps him? ::doh::
daddywags

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:49 pm

The one that keeps coming to mind was the fact that Bosh kept insisting that he didn't want to be anyones sidekick prior to when this went down..

..and of course he does just that.

Also, does lebron really think that he would not have been able to overtake the two joined up in south beach, if this is the official story per him and the media?

it really shows him as a giant pussy if that's the case (not that is a shock).

really, the fault for all of this lands on him again. If he recommits to the Cavs entirely in 06 and becomes a vocal a recruiter as we've see him in Miami, we're not having this conversation. We'd be talking about a finals series appearance in '08 and a finals win in '09.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:27 am

aoxo1 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:I'm nit-picking, but Gilbert only had 5 years...

Yeah, I was just mocking the morons who say that. Too stupid to even realize that Ferry and Gilbert weren't there from the beginning.

It always helps to read the "other: part of a post to see the sarcasm. I'm just better at hurrying to correct things... I am ::doh:: :thumbdown:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA