Text Size

No Holds Barred

50 is the new 30?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

50 is the new 30?

Unread postby hebner20 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm

I am not there yet...

Some of you may find this humorous. I drew this for my brother on his birthday last year.

As you can tell, that original piece of artwork is evidence that I chose correctly when faced with the career path. I chose the non-artist route. I am to stick figure art as Claude Monet was to impressionist painting.

Some random thoughts.

I ask you, is the person who had the idea that 50 is the new 30 closer to 50 or 30?

If 50 is the new 30, what is 30?

Is it good or bad that 50 is the new 30?

If 50 is the new 30, is it safe to assume that 100 is the new 60 or that 70 is the new 42? Does this math work in the same proportion or is there some magical formula that is safely stored in the same secret vault as the recipe for Coca Cola?

While we are on the subject of mathematics, I offer the Hebner theorem: The amount of laughter from seeing the words “large print edition” is inversely proportional to your age. (More laughter = less candles on your birthday cake)

Good advice I heard that makes more sense everyday: “walk instead of running, sit instead of standing, lie down instead of sitting”. That’s my idea of energy conservation.

:cheers:
aged indifference TCF .JPG
What they don't tell you
aged indifference TCF .JPG (16.76 KiB) Viewed 391 times
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Re: 50 is the new 30?

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HQyqc-aVU&feature=related[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HQyqc-aVU&feature=related
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm 29....... So that makes me what, 9 years old again? Sweet. If there aren't a bunch of GI Joes and Ninja Turtles under my Christmas tree this year i'm gonna be pissed.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby hebner20 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm 29....... So that makes me what, 9 years old again? Sweet. If there aren't a bunch of GI Joes and Ninja Turtles under my Christmas tree this year i'm gonna be pissed.

No, Dammit. Didn't your read my theorem above? 29 *.6 = 17.4 you want liquor,weed and chicks under the tree this year. I guess nothing really changes. :dingle:
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 am

Bleah...

Age really is just a number and '50 is the new 30' is just a buzz word for those whose life has almost passed them by while they watched TV and slept on the couch

If you live every day and push the envelope along the way, you won't feel so unfulfilled when you hit 50.....or even 60...
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm 29....... So that makes me what, 9 years old again? Sweet. If there aren't a bunch of GI Joes and Ninja Turtles under my Christmas tree this year i'm gonna be pissed.

When I was 9 we were playing Mumbly-peg with Bowie knives and would have blown up Ninja Turtles with M-80's
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Return to No Holds Barred