Text Size

College Sports Arena

Big Ten race and potential BCS mayhem

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Big Ten race and potential BCS mayhem

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 pm

MSU, Iowa and Purdue are undefeated. We should take care of Purdue this weekend. Iowa can knock off MSU (if is the question), they can possibly take out Wisky and we can knock off Iowa (again if being the ?) leaving 4 teams with potentially 1 loss (Wisky Iowa game has big impact on all that). It is then determined by BCS ranking correct?

MSU is the only Big Ten team ranked higher in the BCS than the Buckeyes, so we see where I am going with this.

Now everybody else, this is a year with no definitive team, and the road isn't easy for any of them except maybe Boise ST, maybe. Looking a lot like 2007.

Ou is on the road at OkSt. plus Nebraska could knock em off in Big12CG.
Oregon has 3 games left that could trip them up, 2 most likely to r on the road.
Auburn has LSU but goes to Bama (that game could mean a lot).
TCU/Utah should knock one of them out.

We're not a number 1 team, but as JCoz said nobody left on our schedule that can do us like Wisky did, and maybe Bama is the only team left in the race nationally that could as well. So we might have lost at possibly the most perfect time if in fact we were destined to lose 1 game this season. Not an overwhelming amount of stuff would need to happen to get us A) into a BCS B) down to the wire at a shot (not that we deserve it)...but just sayin.

Really just need to make sure there is a big dog in the game in case Boise makes it, have to put an end to the hyped up BS.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Big Ten race and potential BCS mayhem

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Yes, there is a chance OSU makes a BCS Bowl game. Win out and look good doing it and there should be no problem.

There is no chance in hell that as a one loss Big 10 team they play for the NC. None.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 pm

mattvan1 wrote:Yes, there is a chance OSU makes a BCS Bowl game. Win out and look good doing it and there should be no problem.

There is no chance in hell that as a one loss Big 10 team they play for the NC. None.
I would disagree if there were 0 undefeated teams, the chance would be low mind you but IMO the timing of losses of others would play a role in it, rightly or wrongly.

2-3 weeks from now will clear things up quite a bit more IMO.

Worse case scenario is unbeaten BS v unbeaten TCU/Utah.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm

FUDU wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:Yes, there is a chance OSU makes a BCS Bowl game. Win out and look good doing it and there should be no problem.

I would disagree if there were 0 undefeated teams, the chance would be low mind you but IMO the timing of losses of others would play a role in it, rightly or wrongly.

2-3 weeks from now will clear things up quite a bit more IMO.

Worse case scenario is unbeaten BS v unbeaten TCU/Utah.

You raise a valid point, and I agree that timing matters. But I also think the SEC and the Big 12 have an advantage from their conference championships - a one loss SEC Championship winner would clearly trump OSU even if we would win out. And a one loss OSU is not going to jump over an undefeated TCU or Boise.

Best Case - Auburn/Bama kicks the dog shit out of Bosie State 66-3.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Return to College Sports Arena