Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Rizzo giving up TV for WKNR

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Rizzo giving up TV for WKNR

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:54 pm

According to Dan Coughlin:

http://coughlinunplugged.com/node/112
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Rizzo giving up TV for WKNR

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 pm

I just hope he doesn't give up Friday Night Touchdown.

Got to meet him in person on the sideline twice, was very professional (moreso than you think as he's quite goofy on the radio/tv.) and a nice guy.

I do wonder what his expanded duties would be. In a perfect world I'd love to see STO do what they've been doing with Drennen and follow in step with the YES network and NESN and air his radio program live in studio.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Great.

Perhaps now he can set aside 10 seconds a day to put into that radio show.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:55 pm

leadpipe wrote:Great.

Perhaps now he can set aside 10 seconds a day to put into that radio show.

No shit, as well maybe he will have time to walk down to Keith Williams office to tell him to fire Fedor. Two antagonist and a host that displays minimal sports knowledge is not a winning combination for long.

I have given up on it for a while, I can't take the schtick, it is getting old.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cease » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 am

Fedor's pregame Browns coverage is murder to my ears. That is all.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 am

If he shoots Goldhammer on air, then maybe I'll find him interesting radio.

Otherwise, this is a horrible career move.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:58 am

What a staggering blow to Cleveland television. ;-) ;) :wink: :lmfao: ::doh::
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:01 am

peeker643 wrote:What a staggering blow to Cleveland television. ;-) ;) :wink: :lmfao: ::doh::

Yeah, one half of the guys who pioneered "Tag Team Sports," a genius idea that allowed Rizzo to cut his workload of nothing in half.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 am

I've seen the guy "work" on the job for FNT, just am disappointed he's allowed what could have been a decent radio show into KISS FM.

He had actually a good thing going with his "post-game" podcast that allowed it to just be him on their, but somehow I guess hammer and fedor weaseled their way onto that to.

It's pretty sad, that the person actually with the best browns takes is trivassano monday's after and he doesn't even follow the game really anymore.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Fedor is such a whiny douche. He just cannot give up a bad take, and screams and howls in disbelief at any opposing viewpoint. That and he is a real world douche who likes Tiger Beat music acts, watches Jersey Shore, and is gay.

Grasshopper is the only one I can relate too... Hammer at times when he is opposed to Fedor.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:47 pm

It's probably too much to hope that he's using the leverage he has with KNR in the negotiations to bring the show back to being Rizzo, Hammer, Sabo, and Jeff Thomas. Everything since that group has been way less than a "Really Big Show".
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Orenthal wrote:Fedor is such a whiny douche. He just cannot give up a bad take, and screams and howls in disbelief at any opposing viewpoint. That and he is a real world douche who likes Tiger Beat music acts, watches Jersey Shore, and is gay.

Grasshopper is the only one I can relate too... Hammer at times when he is opposed to Fedor.

I recall him saying something along the lines of being excited that his dad called him up to tell him that Taylor Swift was on the VMA's.

Ummm, I know for a fact that not, only would my father and friends of my father not be watching that girly crap, I can GUARANTEE YOU not one of my friends tuned in to watch that, let alone to watch for "Taylor Swift".

Bringing in Youth is not a bad thing in my opinion, the problem is, you're bringing in the wrong demo. for this. The average 18-25 year old doesn't jive with their personalities, at least.. I think so, I could be wrong, but they seem to have nothing in common with them.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Seriously??? There's no way he can make near the money in radio than he does in TV.

I don't buy it.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:If he shoots Goldhammer on air, then maybe I'll find him interesting radio.

Otherwise, this is a horrible career move.

+1

I guess Alan Cox lives downstairs from Goldhammer. I am hoping one day I can figure out where that building is so I can lead a group armed with pitch forks and torches there to force that curly headed fuck out of this city.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 pm

'hammer was sipping the haterade per the norm, kicking tosu when it's down, doesn't make for very good radio.

and then on the other hand actually, and oddly enough has probably had some decent Browns takes.

"Colt McCoy looked better on Sunday, than in any game Brady Quinn played, with the Browns".

It would be nice if he was more, say, objective like that. He to me, doesn't have to be a "Fan" persay of said teams, he just has to be objective, don't play teeny-bopper music, stick to sports and don't people off on the phone.

You do those things with Rizzo, you have a good show.

Triple-S

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:36 am

Triple-S wrote:'hammer was sipping the haterade per the norm, kicking tosu when it's down, doesn't make for very good radio.

and then on the other hand actually, and oddly enough has probably had some decent Browns takes.

"Colt McCoy looked better on Sunday, than in any game Brady Quinn played, with the Browns".

It would be nice if he was more, say, objective like that. He to me, doesn't have to be a "Fan" persay of said teams, he just has to be objective, don't play teeny-bopper music, stick to sports and don't people off on the phone.

You do those things with Rizzo, you have a good show.

Talk about being damned with faint praise...

If he got his head out of his ass, he'd be OK. But he got a negative rap for some of his takes and went with it, marvelling at the ascension of such dicks as Skip Bayless and Colin Coward and thinking that being an insufferable prick is a great way to the top. Negative attention is still attention.

That may work for some people, but I don't listen to Bayless or Coward either (despite them sometimes having some good takes) solely because they're insufferable pricks. For me, the message is lost in the cocksuckerness, and their presence is just further proof that ESPN is turning into the sporting equivalent of E!

Rizzo wants to be the Howard Stern of sports radio, and Hammer is... what?... his Stuttering John.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Talk about being damned with faint praise...

If he got his head out of his ass, he'd be OK. But he got a negative rap for some of his takes and went with it, marvelling at the ascension of such dicks as Skip Bayless and Colin Coward and thinking that being an insufferable prick is a great way to the top. Negative attention is still attention.

That may work for some people, but I don't listen to Bayless or Coward either (despite them sometimes having some good takes) solely because they're insufferable pricks. For me, the message is lost in the cocksuckerness, and their presence is just further proof that ESPN is turning into the sporting equivalent of E!

Rizzo wants to be the Howard Stern of sports radio, and Hammer is... what?... his Stuttering John.

ah, I call this the "mark may" theory.

"well, I'm not as smart as Herbstreit and Spielmen in regards to the game, I can't be the "goofy, happy go lucky", Lee Corso, Lou Holtz, but at the same time, I don't want to be pumped down to doing color for pitt radio..shoot, what can I do, what can I do?"

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 pm

the combination of fedor/sabrina/goldhammer is a tri-fecta from hell.

heard it this morning, all it was, was them arguing over some cavs fans jokingly saying "MVP, MVP, MVP", and the two idiots couldn't realize that this was the equivlant of how we at the board act when the Browns pull off a move or win, and say "super bowl".

Triple-S

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:17 am

The Rizz is going to concentrate on his wildly popular morning sports radio show. He could become wealthy on the radio when his show -- 'The Big Show' -- is syndicated. In the meantime Rizz and his radio partner Aaron Goldhammer will be at my book signing Friday.

Uh... "Wildly popular"? With whom? "When his show is syndicated"? Don't hold your breath. "Be at my book signing"? Of course! Sounds like Coughlin and Rizzo are scratching each other's balls.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm

You guys should hear Scott Torgerson on a soapbox.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Spin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:52 am

jerryroche wrote:
The Rizz is going to concentrate on his wildly popular morning sports radio show. He could become wealthy on the radio when his show -- 'The Big Show' -- is syndicated. In the meantime Rizz and his radio partner Aaron Goldhammer will be at my book signing Friday.

Uh... "Wildly popular"? With whom? "When his show is syndicated"? Don't hold your breath. "Be at my book signing"? Of course! Sounds like Coughlin and Rizzo are scratching each other's balls.

It was #1 in it's time slot, even over Rover 9-10. I have no idea if that's still the case. IMO the show isn't as good as it was then, they took everyone's personality and drove them right into the ground until it's unlistenable anymore.

And he's never going to syndicate. His schtick is all-Cleveland Lannigan/Goulardi/Hoolihan and Big Chuck. The rest of the country doesn't get it. As we see when he stands in for Rome.
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 am

Rizz said yesterday he was almost done as an anchor at Fox8. He said he is still working there but not as night time anchor. He said he misses too many of his son's games and family things.

After years of being there from late afternoon til past midnight 6 nights a week, it's a wonder he still has a family.
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Rizzo let it slip today, he's going through a divorce.

Well that explains the whole Fox8 thing. Bet he thinks she'll reconsider if he's there now.

It's cheaper to keep her...
Spin

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture