Text Size

No Holds Barred

The Donald brings it

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

The Donald brings it

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 am

No links as it is a phone interview on a morning show, but you'll see it soon.

He breaks it all down so plain and without all the cultural warrior bull crap.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: The Donald brings it

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:51 am

Lil hint as to wtf.....

Wot
Economy
Politics in general
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

How many times has that idiot gone bankrupt?
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:34 pm

In Vegas the word is... "He's no Steve Wynn"

:nanner:
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Like him or not, it would be fantastic if he ran, for the simple fact he'd force the other candidates to cut through the bullshit on certain topics.

Polticos want politics, the American people are sick of political nonsense.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:18 pm

leadpipe wrote:Like him or not, it would be fantastic if he ran, for the simple fact he'd force the other candidates to cut through the bullshit on certain topics.

Exactly. I've noticed how Ross Perot in 1992 scared both parties enough to actually create budget surpluses for the first time (I think) in my lifetime.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:19 pm

jfiling wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Like him or not, it would be fantastic if he ran, for the simple fact he'd force the other candidates to cut through the bullshit on certain topics.

Exactly. I've noticed how Ross Perot in 1992 scared both parties enough to actually create budget surpluses for the first time (I think) in my lifetime.

And what happened to Perot (In laymens terms, both parties feeling threatened enough to pool their resources and media clout to dismiss him as some sort of "quack") will eventually happen to the Donald - and truth be told, he's an easier target, but again, not before he can open some eyes by putting shit on the table THAT MATTERS TO THE AVERAGE JOE.

Perot hit home with how important the deficit was, and the fact that the generation at the time was going to be the first to leave their children in worse shape than they. Politicians weren't broaching the deficit topic, even though it was, by far, the most important topic in regards to affecting Americans everyday lives. Perot forced them to. Similiar things would happen with Trump.

By far, my finest vote for a President ever was Ross Perot. And while I'd have to say I'm eons away from voting for Trump, the fact that he'd force these f'ers to come proper on shit I care about would be fantastic.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 pm

I think Bloomberg would do a similar thing, and be a viable candidate. I'd take Trump over Palin.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:I'd take a claw hammer to the face over Palin.

Fixxxed
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:19 pm

I'd vote for The Donald over the majority of the rumored candidates, save maybe Newt or Whackphisto's boy Romney.

We need a business man in the White House. You can't teach a lot of the ingrained qualities that make people successful. You can teach people how to play the political game. While he has no realistic chance, The Donald would be a freaking breath of fresh air.

Couple good Donald quotes ...

"Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make."

"I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it's time America was run like a business."

"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government."

"Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive."
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Personally, working in the business world and seeing/knowing the things that I do, I am always incredibly skeptical of the "business men would run the gov't better". That's just my viewpoint but I have seen and read enough from these high-level executives to be incredibly concered to have them running the country.

I tremble to think what some of these high-level business individuals are capable of with more far-reaching power.

That said, not saying all these lawyers are any better. Truthfully, I do not know who the ideal background is to run the country but I kind of feel like I know who shouldn't and that just so happens to be exactly who seems to be running it on both sides of the aisle.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm

noles1 wrote:Personally, working in the business world and seeing/knowing the things that I do, I am always incredibly skeptical of the "business men would run the gov't better". That's just my viewpoint but I have seen and read enough from these high-level executives to be incredibly concered to have them running the country.

I tremble to think what some of these high-level business individuals are capable of with more far-reaching power.

That said, not saying all these lawyers are any better. Truthfully, I do not know who the ideal background is to run the country but I kind of feel like I know who shouldn't and that just so happens to be exactly who seems to be running it on both sides of the aisle.

It's not so much as "business men would run the gov't better" as much as the country would benefit greatly if it were run more like a business.

Succesful businesses have some traits that the country could use. It's elected officials that tell you govermment can't be run like a business. I can see why. In businees, people are held accountable. In Washington, nobody is held accountable. In business, you are judged by results, in politics you're judged on your ability to get re-elected. Man, with the re-election rates in congress you would expect them to be running the most successful enterprise in the world.

Goverment spending is more than a quarter of our gross national product. And it's bought us little.

We wouldn't be choosing business over something that's working.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:23 am

Well my counter to that would be there is degrees to "successful" and "accountability" in that theory.

I think if we have learned anything over the past decade it is that while we catch some of the criminal activity we certainly do not catch nearly enough and one's view of successful could be the another's view of unneccessary bottom-line chasing and outsourcing.

I understand the philosophy and your point though just from my own eyes and ears am considerably leery of its practicality.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Return to No Holds Barred