Text Size

College Sports Arena

Another Amazing Slate! OSU vs. Illinois predicitons

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Another Amazing Slate! OSU vs. Illinois predicitons

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:32 am

Monster Saturday got all the press, but this is one of the more compelling slates I have seen in the last few years. How are you splitting your time?

I will be watching:

scUM vs. Indiana. I like Indiana in the upset. Neither team has a defense, but the game is in Bloominton and Indiana has hate on their side as they feel like they got jobbed last year. Indiana 45 scUM 38.

OU vs UT: UT is not very good this year. OU wins a snoozer 31-14.

Fl vs. AL: I like the Gayturds in an upset. I watched an interview with Urban Meyer yesterday and he is portraying a quiet sense of confidence. He had the, "cat that ate the bird" look on his face. I think the Gators turned a corner last week, and I like them to win this one 27-24.

Stanford vs. Oregon: I like the sexy cardinals in an upset. THey are just a more complete team. Oregon doesn't play defense and I don't think their offense is quite as good as the national media has portrayed. I think they have feasted on some pretty weak teams. That said, I love their RBs James, and Barner.

I like Miami over Clemson. I just haven't seen anything on Clemson that makes me think that they can match UM's talent. Of course, if Jacory throws 17 picks... well, that invalidates all my assumptions. 'Canes 34-10.

Navy USAF is an interesting battle. Both teams play the same way, I just think AF does it better and I really think they are probably a top 25 team this year. AF 34-10.

Wiscy runs over MSU: 24-13. Better players on both sides of the ball, John Clay and Tolzien go for big games.

Iowa over PSU in a game that is closer than most think, 20-17. I think Iowa's D-line has been a little overrated to this point in the season, but I think they do well enough today to force the "not quite ready for prime time" freshman QB at PSU into some dumb mistakes. That said, this year's PSU teams is one of those teams that screws me up. Every time you think PSU is down, they come out of nowhere and win 11 games and you wonder how the hell they do it. So, I would only watch this game for entertainment, not to improve my cash flow.

OSU vs. Illinois. I like OSU minus 18, I just don't see anyone putting up enough points in the big ten to keep the OSU offense from covering. Bucks 42-10. It will be more of the same, suffocating defense, bad running (from OSU running backs), great running (from TP), a very efficient passing game TP goes 22-30 with 297, 3TDs (one more on the ground), 75 yards on the ground. I will give BS 6 carries for 10 yards; Boom Herron 20 carries for 90 yards. Jordan Hall gets a couple of carries for 20 yards and 3 receptions for 30.

The D-Line will come up huge today. THis will be the "break out game" as I think Illinois will get bold and try to throw the ball downfield leading to more sacks and action forced by that line. This will be the first team to try to hold the ball long enough to throw down the field, and they will pay.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Another Amazing Slate! OSU vs. Illinois predicitons

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:45 am

I'm not impressed with Oklahoma. They barely beat Utah State and Air Force at home. I think they'll beat Texas but it won't be a blowout. Sooners, 21-14.

Alabama is going to expose Florida. John Brantley isn't leaving Tuscaloosa with a win. Tide rolls, 24-14.

Stanford has looked mighty impressive so far but winning in Autzen is a tall order. Oregon's defense has some holes but they should be able to outscore the Cardinal tonight. Ducks, 41-35.

Ohio State is going to crush Illinois. Buckeyes, 31-13.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

I tend to agree with Herm about Bama. I don't think they make it unscathed (they have 4 games this year in which an SEC opponent has a bye week prior to playing Bama), but Florida isn't the one to do it just yet.

Another interesting point, the winner of 3 of the last 4 games between the Gators and the Tide has been the NC that season.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Greg Jones is an absolute beast.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Why the fuck is ND/BC the night game on ABC?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why the fuck is ND/BC the night game on ABC?

This sucks. Get robbed out of Stanford/Oregon for this steaming pile of crap.

Penn State/Iowa, Bama/Florida, and the last channel viewed button tonight.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby smalls1129 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm

swerb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why the fuck is ND/BC the night game on ABC?

This sucks. Get robbed out of Stanford/Oregon for this steaming pile of crap.

Penn State/Iowa, Bama/Florida, and the last channel viewed button tonight.

Seriously who is the fucking idiot at ESPN that decided we'd be better off with the USC/UW game on ESPN 2. Are you kidding me, game I've been looking forward to all week and espn finds a way to screw it up again...yea who would want to watch a top 10 match up when we have a team on probation against an unranked UW team...fucking asshats....sorry rant off.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm

I got Oregon/Stanford on ESPN 2 down here. PSU/Iowa on ESPN.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Stanford is just punching Oregon in the mouth right now, 21-3. Amazing what Harbaugh has done with that program. Three years ago they were the 90-pound weakling of the Pac-10. Now they're the playground bully.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Here come the Ducks.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Be nice if we could watch Stanford-Oregon instead of the CFB equivalent of Hoban-SVSM.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I got Oregon/Stanford on ESPN 2 down here. PSU/Iowa on ESPN.

+1. I had to go to the regular channels to find Ore/ Stan. Not on HD. Took the over @ 65. And I like beer. The end.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Return to College Sports Arena