Text Size

College Sports Arena

Notre Lame is truly aweful

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Notre Lame is truly aweful

Unread postby jb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:44 pm

I could care less about the score or how a prototypically dumb msu team is gakking in hand.

ND sucks.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Notre Lame is truly aweful

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:06 am

Until they get some better athletes and better speed on defense they will be mediocre at best.

A single tear runs down my cheek.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:18 am

Don't worry. With offensive guru Weis as their coach they will have the tactical advantage over every team they go up against.

Wait...
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:16 am

Biggest mistake ever was then forcing Lou Holtz out as they were all afraid he'd break Rockne's record

look, they're Northwestern now. They can go on and on about this mystique, television contract and everything else, but the fact remains that they're a school that will only be "Good" every 3-4 years. And won't ever be "Great" like TOSU, USC, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama are talent-wise.

Really was hoping Urban Meyer would have taken the gig as that would have killed off that program pretty damn quick.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:23 am

Why would Urban Meyer have killed off that program?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 am

Motherscratcher wrote:Why would Urban Meyer have killed off that program?

Duh... Look at the shambles Florida is in under Meyer.

Not sure why the ND sucks chant is an annual event or reminder here. The school hasn't been relevant football-wise in the last 15 years or more. Even their BCS appearance agianst the Buckeyes was a media driven gift of shamockery.

Kelly will get what he can out of ND's kids. The problem is ND's kids. So while we can remind each other they suck once or twice a year, we could also suggest they lower their academic standards as well so that they can bring in a lower class of kid/higher class of athlete and really start focusing on winning football games and that kind of really important stuff.

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:12 am

peeker643 wrote:

Not sure why the ND sucks chant is an annual event or reminder here. The school hasn't been relevant football-wise in the last 15 years or more. Even their BCS appearance agianst the Buckeyes was a media driven gift of shamockery.

Kelly will get what he can out of ND's kids. The problem is ND's kids. So while we can remind each other they suck once or twice a year, we could also suggest they lower their academic standards as well so that they can bring in a lower class of kid/higher class of athlete and really start focusing on winning football games and that kind of really important stuff.

ND is overrated in a lot of areas. I know two people that graduated from ND that are out of jobs right now, have been for the better part of a year. Meanwhile some Tri C peeps just found good jobs.

Just sayin.

The thought of a single tear running down my cheek hasn't even crossed my mind.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 am

I remember reading this article in SI 10 years ago about the decline of Notre Dame football. The decline is blamed, in no small part, on calculus. All freshmen at Notre Dame have to take it. Not all can, obviously.

It's an intersting read that starts off with the recruitment of TJ Duckett. TJ's father contends that the recruitment officer at Notre Dame told him and TJ that "We don't have basket-weaving at Notre Dame." Now, I don't know what was exactly said but I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone said anything about basket weaving, so I'm inclined to call shenanigans on that. (Or, I think it's just as likely as Mike Holmgren referencing a dancing monkey or whatever bullshit allows Jim Brown to pretend he's some sort of victim.)

Notre Dame apparently has academic standards that they are unwilling to compromise (or at least were unwilling back in 2000), and if so, good on them. But, it's probably the reason that they haven't been relevant for 15 years and likely will never be again on a sustained basis.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1019088/index.htm

Anyway. Whatever. Fuck those guys. I'm glad they suck.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am

mean't have killed off the gators

without Meyer, they likely go back to the Visor and continue being Miami and Florida State's bitch, and a "Georgia" level SEC Team.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:39 am

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

ND is overrated in a lot of areas. I know two people that graduated from ND that are out of jobs right now, have been for the better part of a year. Meanwhile some Tri C peeps just found good jobs.

Just sayin.

I know some stupid people who won the lottery too. WTF does a couple folks from Tri-C working have to do with anything? All in all, give me the ND degree over the Tri-C associate's and I'll take my chances in the world. Although all those Tri-C alum in high places probably could pull some strings.

Christ, there are self starters everywhere and there are surely kids at ND who are lazy-ass legacy fucks who might never work.

Seriously Donny, I'm thinking there are probably a few Ivy Leaguers out of work too while a couple Lakeland grads are knocking down 100k. That's just a bad analogy IMO.

We spend a lot of time bitching about kids shooting kids, tasering, etc. People wanna kick a school, regardless of its name, for having standards they're not willing to lower in the name of another fucking football win?

What a bunch of complete losers running that place of Higher Football Player Production.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:35 am

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Just sayin.

Wow, hatin on the Bros of HC flagship school.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Just sayin.

I know some stupid people who won the lottery too. WTF does a couple folks from Tri-C working have to do with anything? All in all, give me the ND degree over the Tri-C associate's and I'll take my chances in the world. Although all those Tri-C alum in high places probably could pull some strings.

Christ, there are self starters everywhere and there are surely kids at ND who are lazy-ass legacy fucks who might never work.

Seriously Donny, I'm thinking there are probably a few Ivy Leaguers out of work too while a couple Lakeland grads are knocking down 100k. That's just a bad analogy IMO.

We spend a lot of time bitching about kids shooting kids, tasering, etc. People wanna kick a school, regardless of its name, for having standards they're not willing to lower in the name of another fucking football win?

What a bunch of complete losers running that place of Higher Football Player Production.

This is classic Peeker. So angry so early so sarcastic.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:41 am

peeker643 wrote:

Drawers. Wad. Don't get 'em in it.

It just stuns me ND is so bad and unathletic. They have one player, number 5, that's it. The big stiff TE looks like he might have been Ken MacAfee in the day, and maybe he's bavaro. But with that national recruiting bse, how ar ethey so.... bad, man?

It's like you have to try.

Seeing as I recall when they hade the best athletes in the US in the late 80's / early 90's, this is just mind blowing.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:44 am

jb wrote:This is classic Peeker. So angry so early so sarcastic.

FUDU's better than that lazy take JB. You know it, I know it. Gonna cite the outliers and run with it?

You're in the business bro. One simple question for you: Would you prefer your kids get a ND education or a Tri-C education and (okay, part two) if they could do so while participating in athletics would you rather it be in Southbend or in Parma?

What's more likely to be better for their future?

And ain't it really the media and us as fans who expect more from Notre Dame because of what they did 3 decades ago as well as their over-inflated sense that they still belong on that level?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:45 am

peeker643 wrote:

FUDU's better than that lazy take JB. You know it, I know it. Gonna cite the outliers and run with it?

You're in the business bro. One simple question for you: Would you prefer your kids get a ND education or a Tri-C education and (okay, part two) if they could do so while participating in athletics would you rather it be in Southbend or in Parma?

And ain't it really the media and us as fans who expect more from Notre Dame because of what they did 3 decades ago as well as their over-inflated sense that they still belong on that level?

You are so serious. Lighten up Francis. I still say your anger is raw and angular, like Dieter from Schproekets.

PS - FUDI is certifiable on this. It's a prima facia observation. The fact you are taking the opportunity to knock his dick in the dirt over this jabberwaockey is ecquisite ( <- SP? ) .

:dingle:

PS - South Bend is two words. :cheers:
Last edited by jb on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:48 am

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

You are so serious. Lighten up Francis. I still say your anger is raw and angular, like Dieter from Sprokers.

It's not. It's more of a rounded, dull and ever-present anger more representative of Bobby Deniro's character in 'Midnight Run'.

"I got two words for you: Shut the fuck up." :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

You are so serious. Lighten up Francis. I still say your anger is raw and angular, like Dieter from Sprokers.

It's not. It's more of a rounded, dull and ever-present anger more representative of Bobby Deniro's character in 'Midnight Run'.

"I got two words for you: Shut the fuck up." :lmfao:

FUDU is just upset that his boi Couseneua was clled extremely mediocre as an NFL player on the Browns' forum.

He can't handle the Truth.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Damn if I'd a known all that was gonna come from some good ole fashion ND hatin I would have made some popcorn.

FTR I am completely fine with ND not compromising their standards one bit, first it is their right, second there are things that are important in the world and there are things that are important in the real world.

At the end of the day ND is a good school, is it better than school X or Y, eh one can debate that for 1,000 years (during which time frame it doesn't look like ND would win a BCS bowl game). A degree from ND is only worth more than a degree from XY in the same vain that anything is only worth what somebody will pay for it (a car, a house, a baseball card collection etc...). Local radio just had an interview with a guy who wrote a book about the misconceptions (and many myths) about higher education and also life afterward, I'll try to dig it up and post the info. Very intriguing from what I recall.

It'll probably be worth its own thread as I wouldn't want this ND hatin thread hijacked.

P.S. JB is just feeling nervous about how bad the beat down could be from the Green Machine this year. I still say there might be 2 or 3 other HS in the entire country that play a tougher schedule than our Catholic boys at Ed's/Ignatius.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 am

FUDU wrote:At the end of the day ND is a good school, is it better than school X or Y, eh one can debate that for 1,000 years .

No, not really.

There are very quantifiable and rational data points for both incomes an outcomes measures that can be used to detremine a better institution.

The only varaibale is whether it is the right fit for an individual.

Trying to claim relevance to make a case Tri C is "better" than ND, um, ever, is a take from the lunatic fringe. Just ignornce.

BTW - We suck this year, we couldn't handle centerville. Bosco could get ugly.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:22 am

jb wrote:BTW - We suck this year, we couldn't handle centerville. Bosco could get ugly.

Kent Roosevelt just lost to Field. Field! Deral Boykin is spinning in his grave and he isn't even dead.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
jb wrote:BTW - We suck this year, we couldn't handle centerville. Bosco could get ugly.

Kent Roosevelt just lost to Field. Field! Deral Boykin is spinning in his grave and he isn't even dead.

I had a bit of a chuckle at that herm, would be like the Blue Streaks losing to Marlington.

Triple-S

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:At the end of the day ND is a good school, is it better than school X or Y, eh one can debate that for 1,000 years .

No, not really.

There are very quantifiable and rational data points for both incomes an outcomes measures that can be used to detremine a better institution.

Trying to claim relevance to make a case Tri C is "better" than ND, um, ever, is a take from the lunatic fringe. Just ignornce.

Um you really don't think I am saying or implying CCC is superior to ND? Sheesh, I even included a just sayin.

I know you have experience on said topic (and am sure you know this) but there are very specific circumstances/variables that come into play for a person regarding their piece of paper and success in life, circumstances in which often all or most of the credit is given to the name of the institution instead of correctly being accredited to the individual or the timing and area of skill/expertise.

I'm going to find the name of the book/author b/c it sounds like a very interesting read for a very interesting topic, and maybe you've read it and can shed some light on the book before it pick it up.

Regarding Ed's Iggy, each school plays such a tough schedule that either should get in with just 6 wins IMO, but we'll see. No way Ed's finishes unscathed this year, but come playoff time they could be the most dangerous.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:00 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

No, not really.

Um you really don't think I am saying or implying CCC is superior to ND? Sheesh, I even included a just sayin.

I know you have experience on said topic (and am sure you know this) but there are very specific circumstances/variables that come into play for a person regarding their piece of paper and success in life, circumstances in which often all or most of the credit is given to the name of the institution instead of correctly being accredited to the individual or the timing and area of skill/expertise.

I'm going to find the name of the book/author b/c it sounds like a very interesting read for a very interesting topic, and maybe you've read it and can shed some light on the book before it pick it up.

Regarding Ed's Iggy, each school plays such a tough schedule that either should get in with just 6 wins IMO, but we'll see. No way Ed's finishes unscathed this year, but come playoff time they could be the most dangerous.

Um, I just read what you write and that's what you wrote. Don't want to be misunderstood? Write better.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Notre "Lame" AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I get it! It's funny!.......
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:30 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Notre "Lame" AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I get it! It's funny!.......

jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 pm

lol. That graph is going in some work e-mails.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:lol. That graph is going in some work e-mails.

Google imaging "Hurr" and "Durr" is always a quality pass time.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:03 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Notre "Lame" AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I get it! It's funny!.......

Thats my line. I invented it just like I did "The Pussification of America"

I want my royalties...

Same same Bigoted Young University......you'd likely have to live amoungst 100,000 Mormons like I did to 'get it' but its truth

BC ripped th heart out of ND years ago when they kicked a FG right into the face of Touchdown Jesus....since then ND's biggest rivalries hve been the Service Acadamies

Let them wallow in their suck....

BTW, Stanford thinks ND is full of dumbfucks who can't play no matter their class load
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:BC ripped th heart out of ND years ago when they kicked a FG right into the face of Touchdown Jesus....since then ND's biggest rivalries hve been the Service Acadamies

Actually recall someone writing up an alternate history of college football having a playoff, which would have ND taking home the title 2 or 3 times at the beginning of the 1990's. I wish I could find it, I know it was on Foxsports like years ago.

And agreed 1993 was when Notre Dame was last relevant, period.

Triple-S

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:27 pm

I thought this was interesting wrt this thread: http://www.gnxp.com/wp/uncategorized/sh ... gue-school

For those of you too lazy to click through, the relevant graph:
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Which one of those dots is Tri-C?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 am

I'm really pissed I cannot come up with the info on the author and his book that I mentioned up thread, I think it would lead to a good discussion, especially for a few in here who may have experience in the system. He was on WMJI (Lanigan and Malone, yeah I know their dolts, but the guy was good).

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:46 am

Motherscratcher wrote:Which one of those dots is Tri-C?

I am not sure that they could find paper long enough to carry the graph out to Tri-C's ranking.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena