Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Michael Symon's Food Feuds

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Michael Symon's Food Feuds

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:32 am

Just throwing out a heads up that Symon and the production crew were at Swenson's in Cuyahoga Falls and Skyway in Barberton(?). The premise of the show is to take two places with similar menu items and then compare them to determine who wins. This one was suggested to him through his Facebook comments, so they filmed it yesterday.

Not sure when it'll run on TV, but I'm sure I'll see it on his Facebook or Twitter or something, so I'll let you guys know.

I've never had Skyway. Absolutely love Swenson's. Might have to make a trek to the other place for comparison purposes.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Michael Symon's Food Feuds

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Just throwing out a heads up that Symon and the production crew were at Swenson's in Cuyahoga Falls and Skyway in Barberton(?). The premise of the show is to take two places with similar menu items and then compare them to determine who wins. This one was suggested to him through his Facebook comments, so they filmed it yesterday.

Not sure when it'll run on TV, but I'm sure I'll see it on his Facebook or Twitter or something, so I'll let you guys know.

I've never had Skyway. Absolutely love Swenson's. Might have to make a trek to the other place for comparison purposes.

Coughcoughripoffcoughplagerismcoughcough

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Food_Wars
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:48 pm

No Skyway in Barberton; he visited the Green location. The Barberton visit was for two chicken joints (WhiteHouse and something else).
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm

jfiling wrote:No Skyway in Barberton; he visited the Green location. The Barberton visit was for two chicken joints (WhiteHouse and something else).

Thanks. How is it?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

jfiling wrote:No Skyway in Barberton; he visited the Green location. The Barberton visit was for two chicken joints (WhiteHouse and something else).

Anyone knows you can't do two.

There's Belgrade, Hopocan, and White House.

God I love hot sauce.
Last edited by jb on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 am

jb wrote:

There's Belgrade, Hopcan, and White House.

God I love hot sauce.

belgrade is amazing.

+Hartville Kitchen, though that's more of a sit down place. The Mennonites know how to cook.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Triple-S wrote:
jb wrote:

There's Belgrade, Hopcan, and White House.

God I love hot sauce.

belgrade is amazing.

+Hartville Kitchen, though that's more of a sit down place. The Mennonites know how to cook.

H'ville k: Fried Chicken, noodles, mashed spudz, and vanilla Peanut better pie for dessrt. damn, dude, I gotta get back there.
jb

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:58 pm

jb wrote:and vanilla Peanut better pie for dessrt. damn, dude, I gotta get back there.

The vanilla peanut butter pie is outstanding. No doubt.

It's about the only place I'll wait in a 25-30 min. line for a table.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry