Text Size

College Sports Arena

9/4... the season is finally upon us.

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

9/4... the season is finally upon us.

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:36 am

We Buckeye Fans were lucky as we got first shot at the 2010 college football season. Today, I am celebrating my first college football kickoff Saturday at home in 3 years. What a glorious day. The slate today is a bit disappointing, but I am excited none the less. Here are the games I am looking forward to:

1200 FL vs. Miami (OH): What are the post Tim "the second coming" Tebow Gators going to look like. I am not foolish enough to postulate that Miami has a shot (although I would love to see it), but I am interested in seeing what the Gators are going to look like this year. The new QB has a gigantic arm and it will also be interesting to see how many freshmen get on the field for the Gators today. FL's 2010 recruiting class is probably the best clas that I can remember. Watch out for FL in 2012.

3:00 UConn vs. scUM: My home team against my favorite team to root against, Go Huskies. Let the DickRod deathwatch begin in earnest. If the Huskies win today I think it seals DickRod's fate, although he will survive the season and that is a good thing for the Big Ten.

3:00 Purdue vs. ND: Speaking of good things for the B10, can Purdue stop ND enough to pull this one out? That would be huge for the B10. I am hoping for a strong showing from both teams because I really want to see ND destroy scUM next week and truly puthe nail in DicRod's Coffin. Would be nice to see the Boilers start out strong this week.

7:00 UNC vs. LSU: It will be interesting to see how far the Tigers have fallen and this will be a good baromenter. Points did not come easy for the Bayou Bengals last week and if they cannot put a good skull stomping on a depleted UNC team then things are not looking good for Les this year, opening up speculation that perhaps he moves up North and continues scUMs run of horrid play and coaching for threee more years. I am not sure that is a good outcome for the B10. Go Tigers.

7:00 Oregon State vs. TCU: The Rogers brothers are for real, is the rest of Oregon State? How about TCU, are they actually worthy of their #6 ranking? We shall see but at least. This game should be worth the price of admission. I think I am going to be pulling for some Beaver tonight (and I hope that Oregon State can win).

Enjoy the day fellas, I know I will.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: 9/4... the season is finally upon us.

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 am

I think both Purdue and UConn win those games outright.

And it is a great day with even the weather here taking a serious 'Fall' turn.

I always tell people I'm destined to be a NE Ohioan because I'd miss the change in seasons every year. Beginning to think it's the sports seasons though.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:27 am

Chill in the air ... College Gameday back. And a full slate of games on Saturday. It's all good.

Not a dynamite lineup of games ... but interested to see:

The Michigan/UConn game - two wildcard programs this season

How Notre Dame and the QB Crist look

Can Illinois lose 6 straight to Mizzou? BIG game for Zook and the Illini program

UCLA/K St, another couple hard to figure teams this year

Can TCU make another statement and handle a decent Oreg St team in the 8 PM ESPN game?

Cincy with a tough game in the post Brian Kelly area heading west to take on the solid Pat Hill and his Fresno Bulldogs

UNC trying to overcome the suspension carnage in the Sat night 8 PM ABC time slot against LSU

Can't wait! Enjoy the games everyone ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:36 am

Interesting points peek. Wife and I have been talking a little bit about life after the military (where we are going to live when it is all done in 7-8 years). I know it seems early, but I need to check all the right resume boxes now. We are torn between Columbus and Boston right now based on season changes. Weird because I always saw myself living in perpetual summer in SoCal or FL.

I would miss the 40 deg overcast windy morning with the leaves blowing along on the ground that signify that football is upon us. Mornings like today that make me think of the days when me, Rich, Tim P., Franks, Bert, Douche, Jeff D. and the gang would play tackle football in front of Royalview from the end of school until our parents ended the game under threat of grounding.

I don't see groups of kids doing that anymore, I wonder if they are doing it on Madden? In any case, days like today remind me of waiting all day for school to end so we could get the first snap hiked and the game underway. FWIW, that game shifted to Sunday mornings before the NFL games endured through our senior years in high school. The game ended when it was time to call the bookies, grab a 12pack and get cleaned up to watch the game at Parina's or Muldoons.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:58 am

Here is my "on the record" forecast for the scUM season:

Connecticut: 50:50 (feel about 50:50 on this one, so I will call it a .5W)
@Notre Dame: Loss (80:20 on this one, so I will call it a .2W)
Massachusetts: Win (100% on this one 1W)
Bowling Green: Win (75:25 on this one, so I will call it .75W)
@Indiana: 50:50 (Hard to go with the Hoosiers, but they are better than people think .5W)
Michigan State: Loss (75:25, .25W)
9 Iowa: Loss (100%, 0)
@19 Penn State: Loss (75:25, .25W)
Illinois: Loss (60:40, .4W)
@Purdue: Loss (70:30, .3W)
12 Wisconsin: Loss (100%)
@#2 Ohio State: Loss (100%)

So all together I have scUM at: 4.15 and 7.85, basically I think 4-8 (+ or - 1 game). Overall, their B10 record should be on the order of: 2-6 (1.7wins 6.3losses). I think that scUMs bad defense from last year is actually WORSE, that coupled with the rise of prolific passing games at Purdue and Indiana mean that two games that look like they should be W's in year's past are not this year. Even in the best case, I cannot see scUM any better than 6-6. I am not sure if 7-6 with a win in the toilet bowl is enough to save DRods job. Good Riddance to the Hillbilly punk.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:19 am

In regards to Purdue-Notre Dame, I'm really not sure Purdue can pull it off, simply because Historically Purdue NEVER wins in South Bend. They've only done that in a fluke win in '76 and when they should have been in a BCS game (if not for freaking wisconsin!) in 04 when they completely demolished them.

Should be interesting to see how Marve plays out, one of the few big time sort of players I can remember getting, well..since ever really. Also, Notre Dame is pretty much playing the offense that Purdue has played against in practice for years and years.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Michigan St. looks like shit.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Miami Redhawks came to play. They are not fucking intimated by the Gators and man are they hitting. The question is can they keep up this intensity for the entire game, or will there be a second half fizzle. The 'Hawks are not going to have the depth to compete in the second half, so they will have to do it with guts. Let's see if they can do it. God I love NCAAF.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JoJo White » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Penn State's in disarray - frosh QB this year and their recruiting is awful. Almost unfathomable to think they have just 4 commits for 2011.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Stanzi hurt again and it doesn't look good at all.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Well, that game is over... Redhawks QB is killing them. There defense looks really good though.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:17 pm

MSU has dropped two picks and the WRs have 3 or 4 drops. Killing my bet. Simply killing it.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby JoJo White » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Illinois/Mizzou - both teams look like shit. Zook v. Pinkel is like watching 2 special ed kids fight on the short bus.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Seems like Stanzi's back, but his leg buckled under him. It didn't look good, but I guess he's ok.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Miami is hanging around, hanging around.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 pm

I read that Florida almost got knocked off by Kent State and Indiana State back in the day.

in the swap..literally coming down to the last play.

Really want to see that happen one day, f^ck those a$$holes
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:07 pm

The Gators look like SHIT. If they were playing a top 50 team right now they would be losing by a lot. If it were not for 2 pick sixes (the second one was basically a pick 6) this is a 1pt game. Florida cannot move the ball against Miami even when they do successfully accomplish a C/QB exchange.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Through 3 quarters, Miami has limited Florida to 26 total offensive yards. Holy shit.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 pm

College Football is the best.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby tired » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:51 pm

JoJo White wrote:Illinois/Mizzou - both teams look like shit. Zook v. Pinkel is like watching 2 special ed kids fight on the short bus.
Good one there !!!
Stick a fork in the Zooksters. Big Ten takes there first hit !!!
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm so happy. I found the radio stream of the purdue game on WNDE.com (indy affilate of the purdue radio network).

This will now save me from the potential hacks that will be calling the games from here on out (looking at you pam ward)

Triple-S

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Oregon has out-gained New Mexico 429-45, Kenjon Barner (stud) has 147 rushing yards, 60 receiving yards and and five touchdowns, Darron Thomas has thrown for 223 yards and two scores, Cliff Harris has two punt-return touchdowns, the Ducks lead 59-0- and it's only halftime. ::doh::

Hopefully for Mike Locksley he's renting and not buying down in Albuquerque.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 pm

any takers on Ryan Kerrigan guys?

We need a pass rusher and he's looked rather impressive.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Random Rant

Marve gets called for unsportsmanlike conduct for flipping into the endzone? really?

This is not just a "Grrr..the refs screwed the boilers" sort of thing, but, The NCAA in general has gone way overboard with this, I believe it cost the Washington Huskies a few years back over something just as trivial. This isn't Thug U. celebrating after beating Texas's ass in the cotton bowl with Randall Hill firing finger guns, in both of those scenarios the players are clearly overjoyed that they've helped their team score.

just think the NCAA needs to review what qualifies for "unsportsman-like"

Triple-S

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Either ND grew a D or Purdue's O is a work in progress. I tend to believe the latter.

Either UConn took a step back this year or scUM took several huge steps forward (offensively). I tend to think it is a combination of the two. Dennard Robinson looks pretty damn good, but I have a hard time believing that he is going to be able to carry the load (30 per game) for scUM. Pat White had Slaton, Robinson has Shaw?

71-0??? man that is a beat down. Hopefully we get a decent game tonight. Really haven't had one all day.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Jacksonville St just hung a 21 point 4th quarter on Ole Miss to force OT. They had to go for 2 with :18 left and got it.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:50 pm

furls wrote:Either ND grew a D or Purdue's O is a work in progress. I tend to believe the latter.

Marve hit Smith and Siller on the Numbers for long bombs...they just couldn't come up with the pass. ::doh::

Really like what I've seen from Marve though, and Rob Henry for that matter whom looked great on the short series of plays running the option. I guess according to Purdue Radio guys he runs a 4.37 40.

Also, Kerrigan is a beast, could be a guy thats a worth a look for the Brownies in the 2nd round.

I will now shut up about Purdue, thank you fellow TCFer's for tolerating this, believe me if there were a Purdue forum that was as good as this place I'd be there.

Triple-S

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:13 pm

FCS Jacksonville St. just beat Ole Miss 49-48 in 2 OT, going for 2 to win it after a 4th & 15 30-yard TD pass.

Awesome game.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Wow, Jax St. upsets Ole Miss.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Impossible! The SEC is Untouchable! Obviously Jax St. cheated.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Jax St. is obviously fast as fuck.

FUDU

Unread postby Loo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:45 pm

How bad is the Big East? Sheesh.

BTW, Shelly Smith or whoever for ESPN just called the commish of the Pac-10 "tech savvy" because he had an Ipad...wow, a rich guy with an Ipad...yeah, he's so tech savvy.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Anyone else see DickRod giving a very long creepy handshake to the red headed sideline reporter as she interviewed him walking off the field?

FUDU

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Very impressed with true freshman QB Rob Bolden for Penn State. 20-of 29, 226 (?), 2 TD's, 1 Int. in his first game.

The Nittany's defense is slow and slower though. But Bolden is already a much better passer than Daryl Clark ever was. He'll be a force for years.

Damn, now I have to upgrade my outlook on the Penn State season...a little.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:38 pm

JoJo White wrote:Texas/Rice - both teams look like shit. Gilbert v. McHarque is like watching 2 special ed kids fight on the short bus.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm obviously jaded, but Oklahoma, Florida and Texas look like shit.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Ziner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 pm

wiz1001 wrote:

The Nittany's defense is slow and slower though. But Bolden is already a much better passer than Daryl Clark ever was. He'll be a force for years.

Better than a NFL 2nd rounder as a frosh... impressive ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Kansas just lost 6-3 to N. Dakota State.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Houston has 68 points w/ 10 minutes left in the third, Oregon drops 72, Michigan looks decent.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:22 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Kansas just lost 6-3 to N. Dakota State.

ND St. had 167 total yards.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Kansas just lost 6-3 to N. Dakota State.

ND St. had 167 total yards.

It wasn't that long ago that Kansas could hang 40 points on almost anybody. Now they can't even beat an FCS school.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Ziner wrote:
wiz1001 wrote:

maybe I should have said he's got a stronger and more accurate arm, based on one game's look. It might take him all season to become a better passer than Clark ever was.

Edit: can't believe I checked this, but Clark went undrafted, signed as FA with Redskins, and doesn't appear to have made their final roster.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby tired » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Holy Chit !!! Cinci put up 14 on Fresno already !!!
tired

Unread postby tired » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Wisky up 17-7 on vs.
tired

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:04 am

UNC almost beats LSU. Their tight end dropped the game winning TD TWICE in the final 10 seconds. Me thinks Les Mile sis on his way out.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:37 am

wiz1001 wrote:
Ziner wrote:
wiz1001 wrote:

maybe I should have said he's got a stronger and more accurate arm, based on one game's look. It might take him all season to become a better passer than Clark ever was.

Edit: can't believe I checked this, but Clark went undrafted, signed as FA with Redskins, and doesn't appear to have made their final roster.

haha I know, it was a joke, just effing with Souldawg who once proclaimed Clark was a worthy 2nd rounder in all of his infinite wisdom.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:02 am

Mark May is douching it up again.

He was getting all pissy that Boise State should be considered for a slot in the BCS title game.

ummm..heres the thing Billy Packer..errr..Mark, They've jump through all of the hoops the past couple of years to put themselves in that position, they've gone 13-0, 10-3, 12-1, 14-0 in the past 4 years, they've gone 47-4 in that span of time, they've appeared and won in the BCS games they've played, and have generally jumped through every hoop thats been thrown at them

While I agree that the WAC is certainly not on par with the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 and Big XII, I do believe that they've earned the right to see how they do stand with the nation's best if they can pull it off this season. I know I as a football fan would like to see it, we know that the Ohio States and Alabama's of the world can play with the Big Boys, why don't we see if they can? If it's good enough for March Madness (1979 Indiana State, 2002 Kent State, 2006 George Mason all say hello), how come it can't be good enough for college football?

Triple-S

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 am

Here is where I disagree with you about Boise St.:

When people hear that Alabama is playing San Jose St., the Buckeyes are playing New Mex State (as they did last year), LSU is playing LaTech (they played last year), or Oklahoma is playing Utah State (scared the shit out of the sooners last night) they say it is everything that is wrong with college football and that the big boys should be playing each other. These are FUCKING CONFERENCE games for BSU.

Think about it, toward the end of the year people will be talking about a pivotal Nevada vs. BSU game that will have ramifications on the conference championship. Yes, that is the same Nevada team that was destroyed by Wisconsin last night.

Here is BSU's schedule this year. Kudos to them for scheduling VaTech and Oregon St. I would say that playing VaTech is a kin to playing a Wisconsin or Iowa and that playing Oregon St. would be a kin to playing an upper middle B10 team like Northwestern or Penn St. The rest of their schedule is a joke, so all they have to do is "get up" for two games this season and then coast through the conference. Compare that to any teams potential run through their BCS conference (Big East excluded) and the answer is clear, a one loss season from OSU, Alabama, Texas, Oregon, etc. is much more impressive than a team that wins two meaningful games and then beats 9 teams that the rest of the BCS would be ridiculed for scheduling.

Mon, Sept 6 vs#10 Virginia Tech* 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Sept 18 @Wyoming 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Sept 25 vs#24 Oregon State TBD Tickets
Sat, Oct 2 @New Mexico State 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 9 vsToledo 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 16 @San Jose State 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Tue, Oct 26 vsLouisiana Tech 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Nov 6 vsHawaii 2:00 PM ET Tickets
Fri, Nov 12 @Idaho 9:00 PM ET Tickets
Fri, Nov 19 vsFresno State 9:30 PM ET Tickets
Fri, Nov 26 @Nevada 10:15 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Dec 4 vsUtah State 3:00 PM ET Tickets

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:40 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Me prays that Les Miles is on his way out.

fify, dude is a bum
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Loo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:18 pm

TCU and Boise State do not deserve to be considered for a national title.

Everyone complained about OSU's SOS a couple of years ago, yet they say Boise and TCU should have a shot at the title game? Are you kidding me?

Here's my problem with this: TCU beat Oregon State last night--great, OSU is very good team. They're not elite, they're not as good as WISC or Iowa, or even close. However, now that TCU won--they're basically IN the national championship game already, unless multiple teams go undefeated in the BCS conferences.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more. TCU's toughest game the rest of the way is Utah. Granted Utah beat Pitt, but still--TCU is going to go undefeated. There's really only one game they need to get up for, and they'll probably win by 2 touchdowns.

So great, NCAA and Coaches Polls--TCU beats OSU the first week of the season, they're basically in the national championship game already, unless two BCS schools go undefeated as well, which actually might really happen.

I hope TCU or Boise do go the title game, and they play OSU for it.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Next

Return to College Sports Arena