Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Thoughts on how I did?

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Thoughts on how I did?

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:04 am

I just wanted to get some thoughts on how I did in my fantasy draft last night. I picked 4th, 10 team league. Regular scoring. Starting lineup is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/SP.

QB -- Phillp Rivers, Matt Leinart

RB -- Larry Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, Fred Taylor, Warrick Dunn

WR -- Marvin Harrison, Marques Colston, Braylon Edwards, Terry Glenn

TE -- LJ Smith

K -- Olindo Mare

D/ST -- Miami

I'm concerned about WR depth and my QB position. I obviously took a lot of RBs; but there was just too much value in the later rounds. Hopefull I can move a RB for a solid WR down the road.

Any insight is appreciated.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby paddio » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:03 am

Lebowski- I really like your team. Love your RB group, LJ will be his normal stud and I think Ronnie Brown has a good year for the phins. As for your WR's you have your star in Harrison and then 3 very solid guys. I like the idea of Harrison,Braylon and Colston as your starters.
paddio

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:39 am

LOVE Phillip Rivers this year.

Larry Johnson and Ronnie Brown scare me, simply because I think the Chiefs and Dolphins are going to be awful, and throwing alot in the 2nd half. Miamis O Line is atrocious.

Love your recievers. Colston isn't going high enough in drafts IMO, Harrison is the second safest pick on the entire board behind Peyton Manning, and Braylon gets 9-10 scores this year IMO.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:50 am

Thanks for the insight guys...I appreciate it.

I really debated on the Larry Johnson pick. Like I said, I had #3, and fully expected it to go 1. LdT 2. Jackson 3. Johnson...and I was going to probably go with Gore at #4...although I worried about the injury issues. Instead, Addai went #3 and I had to pick between Gore and LJ. Ultimately, I went with LJ because he has a better track record and is less of an injury risk.

I still worry about the Chiefs offense...a lot.

I had to take Harrison is the second, although I was one pick away from getting Westbrook....he slid that far!

I HATE running back by commitees...and that is why I am nervous about MJD. Hopefully Taylor gets hurt or MoJo starts getting the bulk of the carries. This issue is huge for the success of my season.

I got Rivers late...hopefully that O continues to keep putting up points this year.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:26 am

Well Huard starting at QB should help LJs situation for you. I also like caddy as a RB2 this year so you definitely have good depth at RB. Terry Glenn is an injury waiting to happen so it definitely looks like WR should be your major concern. I would try and move someone like Ronnie Brown (overrated) for a good WR. There is bound to be someone in your league thinking Brown will perform like an RB1 and will offer a great value at WR for him
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby Wahoot » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Even for a 10 team league (small), your depth at RB and WR is impressive. Not too crazy about your quarterbacks, but Rivers could surprise.

Also, having both sides of the Fred Taylor / MJD coin ain't a bad idea.
Wahoot

Unread postby sandlot33 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:52 pm

Last of 4 drafts tonight....10 teams

Bulger
Schaub

Addai
Maroney
Lynch
K. Jones

Holt
Ward
Coles