Text Size

The Rumble Room

Dan Bobish Classic----MMA in Cleveland on September 8th.

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Dan Bobish Classic----MMA in Cleveland on September 8th.

Unread postby Guest » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm

I'll be there.
Here is the fight card:

Featured Bouts

PRO- Main Event: 170 lbs – “Smokin” Joe Heiland 8-0 (Strong Style) vs John Meyers 6-1 (Walker Submission)
PRO-Co Main Event: 195 lbs – Sean Salmon 11-3 (Team Salmon) vs Jason “Wrecking Ball” Jones 8-2 (Bloody Buddy)
PRO-155 lbs - Torrance “The Tyrant” Taylor 4-3 (Rising Dragon) vs Mike Bogner 6-4 (Predator)
AM - 155 lbs – Zach Sutek 3-1 (Instigator) vs John “The Cobra” Rohn 4-1 (Team Challenge)
AM -205 lbs – Dominique Vanest 3-0 (Instigator) vs Todd “TNT” Morgan 3-1 (Zainesville, OH)

Preliminary Bouts

185 lbs – Nick “The Savage” Duell 5-2-1 (Jungle Fight Team) vs Dustin Bloom 3-4 (GadFly)
170 lbs - Josh McBride 3-3 (North Eastern Pummeling Den) vs Kenny Rowe 1-1 (Team Air-Gadfly)
155 lbs – Aaron Dugan 1-1 (North Eastern Pummeling Den) vs Joey Holt 0-1 (Baileys MMA)
185 lbs – DJ Jacobucci 2-2 (StrongStyle) vs Steve Zornes 1-0 (Team JAD)
185 lbs – Ray Zellar 1-0 (Team Challenge) vs Okey Lawrence 2-0 (Team DNA)
185 lbs - Milan Wesley 3-1 (StrongStyle) vs Scott Alfer 1-1 (Powerkick Academy)
265 lbs – Scott Dennamen 0-0 (Strong Style) vs Raben Lee 0-2 (Canton, OH)
265 lbs – Stepe Miocic 1-0 (StrongStyle) vs Seth Cole 2-1 (Wreckroom)
185 lbs - Silas Maynard 2-0 (StrongStyle) vs David Hughes 0-0 (Team Predator)
155 lbs – Dan “The Daredevil” Jones 3-0 (Team Playland) vs TBA
175 lbs – Jeremy Matheny 0-0 (Pain Headquarters) vs TBA

Unread postby Guest » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:33 pm

From NAAFS.TV

The North American Allied Fight Series is honored to team up with UFC & Pride legend Dan “The Bull” Bobish & Afterglow Entertainment for The Dan Bobish Classic 1st Annual Rock N Rumble on September 8th, 2007 at the Plain Dealer Pavilion in Cleveland, OH. Fans will be a treated to a day of awe-inspiring athleticism and adrenaline pounding music from seven of the best acts in the music industry!

The Plain Dealer Pavilion will play host to a day of incredible athleticism that will include Strong Man Exhibitions, Power Lifting Challenge, Arm Wresting contests, and live mixed martial arts fighting inside of the NAAFS cage! The main event of the night will see the return of 2006 NAAFS National Welterweight Champion & 2006 NAAFS Fighter of the Year “Smokin” Joe Heiland, plus Torrance “The Tyrant” Taylor, Vadim Ivan, Armani Loktev, and more top MMA Fighters! Rock N Rumble will also play host to an NAAFS Lightweight bout between #1 ranked Zach Sutek of Instigator Fight Team and Michigan’s Jon “The Cobra” Rohn.

The Dan Bobish Classic 1st Annual Rock N Rumble will also feature seven of the best musical acts anywhere! Already signed to perform will be Cleveland’s own Groundlift, Tony Rio & Relentless, Trendy, Valley of the Kings, Laws of Destruction, D-Rail, & The Breakfast Club featuring Billy Morris of Warrant!

The Plain Dealer Pavilion will play host to this can’t miss all-day event on Saturday September 8th. The Dan Bobish Classic 1st Annual Rock N Rumble will feature a little something for everyone, from games for the kids to heart-pumping live music, capped off by an unbelievable night of NAAFS action!

Stay tuned to PKWLive.com & NAAFS.tv for more information on The Dan Bobish Classic 1st Annual Rock N Rumble!

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Bobish is the guy thats always on Trivosonno, no?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 am

I don't listen to that slob but I think so. He trains with Team Strong Style in Independence.

Unread postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:06 am

This should be a great event, is anyone else headed down?

Unread postby sandlot33 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:55 pm

I'd love to go but can't
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby jeck » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Swerb wrote:Bobish is the guy thats always on Trivosonno, no?

Bobish was a National Champion Hwt. wrestler from Mount Union (maple hts HS)
jeck

Unread postby Guest » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:04 am

Jeck,
You going?

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 am

Another great live mma event here is Cleveland. The guys at the NAAFS do awesome work.

The highlight of the night was hanging with my brother mswerb at his first ever mma event. He had a good time and I'm sure he'll be going to more soon.

Unread postby mswerb » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 am

Yes, indeed. Thanks again Spoon. As the FightDr said this was my first MMA event (first for any type, boxing included) This was far from disappointing. The level of fighters was awesome. Even the first couple of fights in which the dudes could have passed for 12-year-olds were very competitive. The pro fights were even better. These guys do not go out just to beat the crap out of each other, they are very tactical and stick to a well thought out plan of attack. I was even home in time to catch the last round of the UFC action. Great way to start a well deserved week of vacation!!!! (y) (rofl) (rulz)
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to The Rumble Room