Text Size

No Holds Barred

My Property

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

My Property

Unread postby mistero » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Just moved into a new house, new construction, and am getting estimates on a fence for the backyard. We go out back and tie a string from one property marker to the one in front. The jackass next door has planted grass and a tree inside my property. He's squatted on about a 8 foot by 20 foot pie slice that tapers down to the sidewalk.

Now this guy has been an ass since day one. His dog tries to attack everyone who walks by. He has an invisible fence (likely buried in my property too) and the damn dog can go right up to the side walk. He looks like Hulk Hogna and sits in his drive way playing with his harley. I talked to his wife and she basically said her husband is an ass and hates people so don't bother waving and saying hello anymore.I have no idea how the dooshbag got into the burbs. We gots rules...

So do I give him the land like Chamberlin or fight like Churchill??
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Re: My Property

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Got enough land so it is a non-issue or not?

If he is already a dick to you, an dyou are building a fence, how is he really going to do anything to you?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Hulk Hogan is the most powerful force in the universe so it sounds like you're fucked, good luck.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Don't be combative, just let him know. Then put up the fence. There isn't a gray area, it's yours or his.

If he's a dick about it, make it a big fence.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:03 pm

All you need is a duct tape, rope, and a shovel.

If he's on your property, he is in the wrong. It's just up to you if you want to make an issue of it. I probably would.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Next time he is playing with his Harley go out front and start cleaning your deer rifle. Right there in your driveway. Better yet, invite McPeek over and help him clean his rifles. Get some lawn chairs out there and a cooler of beer. Break down that 12 gauge and get ready for dove season. Invite CDT and ask him to bring his handguns 'cause you can't decide between the Glock 22 or the CZ75. Crack a few cold ones with Peeker and CDT. Then look over at your neighbor and tell him that you've been thinking about building a fence and ask him to go in half with you.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby The Score » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 pm

Fences make great neighbors. Sounds like dude is a jack ass so a privacy fence as big as local code allows sounds like a good idea.

You didn't just drop a lot of money on a new build to give some of it to your neighbor. Sorry about his luck.
The Score

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 am

Tell him to move the tree and the reason why

If he ignores you, tell him thnks for the tree, because techinically its yours right now.

The last thing you want to do is lay down for this guy then have to live next to him.

Nothin you can do about the dog cept hire a hit man
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mistero » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks for the good advice. I wouldn't miss the land if I gave it to him, it's just the point. He has had no one living next to him for 2 years and just decided to expand his borders while he could. Wonder if he nibbled off the other vacant lot too?

Was thinking about just letting it go....because I know it's going to escalate.

Maybe I should get some orange spray paint and paint out the border. Then shoot on site...especially Cujo.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:12 am

Honestly just approach him about your plans and let him know you already know what is yours and what is his. If you don't care about the land and he seems to, tell him he can make an offer for the land. No matter how small a piece of land it is ALWAYS worth something.

Sounds like the fence is a good idea with this guy, and only use CDT as a last resort.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:48 pm

mistero wrote:Thanks for the good advice. I wouldn't miss the land if I gave it to him, it's just the point. He has had no one living next to him for 2 years and just decided to expand his borders while he could. Wonder if he nibbled off the other vacant lot too?

Was thinking about just letting it go....because I know it's going to escalate.

Maybe I should get some orange spray paint and paint out the border. Then shoot on site...especially Cujo.

NO!

Check your local ordinances, call your agent. You may eventually become a victin of sqatters rights. Usually 7 yrs, then it becomes his and you have real problems when you go to sell
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Loo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:32 am

If the wife is saying something like, "Oh that's just him...he's an asshole," you fight. It's your property, you own it, you do with it what the hell you want.

Oh, the asshole neighbor who is an asshole to everyone might be upset? Small price to pay.

It's your land, if you don't want those trees or the invisible fence on your land, you take it out or have it moved.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby mistero » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:42 am

Talked to them. Let them know I was putting in a fence and was curiouis where their invisible fence was buried so that it wasn't accidentally damaged. They said they had their fence buried too far over and "they" made them move it. "It was a big mess".

Not sure who "they" was. Pretty obvious where the property stakes are. Anyways I let them know I'm putting the fence a foot in from the line...which will put their tree about 6 inches from the fence. Whatever....
The little tree is basically right on the property line. Should be crystal clear once the fence is up.

Anyways one more bit of info...wife has an ear tatoo. Classy
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 am

mistero wrote:Talked to them. Let them know I was putting in a fence and was curiouis where their invisible fence was buried so that it wasn't accidentally damaged. They said they had their fence buried too far over and "they" made them move it. "It was a big mess".

Not sure who "they" was. Pretty obvious where the property stakes are. Anyways I let them know I'm putting the fence a foot in from the line...which will put their tree about 6 inches from the fence. Whatever....
The little tree is basically right on the property line. Should be crystal clear once the fence is up.

'They' coulda been the builder or agent

In any event...

:thumb up:
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 am

mistero wrote:Talked to them. Let them know I was putting in a fence and was curiouis where their invisible fence was buried so that it wasn't accidentally damaged. They said they had their fence buried too far over and "they" made them move it. "It was a big mess".

What happens when the tree grows and starts to mess up your fence?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Return to No Holds Barred