Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Walking Dead, tv series

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Looks like it'll be a good series. Debut's 10/31/10. I have something to look forward to after I take my kids Trick-or-Treating besides the "candy inspection"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE
Last edited by RedDawg53 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:54 pm

RedDawg53 wrote:Looks like it'll be a good series. Debut's 10/31/10. I have something to look forward to after I take my kids Trick-or-Treating besides the "candy inspection"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE



This wasn't a post about our linebackers?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: The Walking Dead

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:14 pm

jb wrote:
RedDawg53 wrote:Looks like it'll be a good series. Debut's 10/31/10. I have something to look forward to after I take my kids Trick-or-Treating besides the "candy inspection"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE



This wasn't a post about our linebackers?


Haha. Ok I added TV series to it.
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead

Unread postby pup » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:18 pm

jb wrote:
RedDawg53 wrote:Looks like it'll be a good series. Debut's 10/31/10. I have something to look forward to after I take my kids Trick-or-Treating besides the "candy inspection"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE



This wasn't a post about our linebackers?


They can walk?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Anybody keeping up with this show?

It's awesome, by the way.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
User avatar
Bill the Butcher
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Five Points
Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Yeah, I've seen every episode. I like it a lot, but I'm a sucker for a good Zombie show. So far hollywood hasn't managed to fuck up zombies they way they have with vampires.

So far I think it's good, not great. It lacks any real compelling characters they I give a shit about. Maybe with more time I will feel that way about some of them.

I worry that they are going to have too many over-the-top characters like Merl (who is bound to show back up, probably in the next episode) who will make any tension feel more contrived and less relatable.

I guess that's my big problem so far. The characters are either bland and uninteresting, or they are off the charts psycho and unlike anyone I've ever met. I want colorful and interesting, but real. Hopefully they get to that eventually.

Until they do, it's still a good show worth watching. Even if they don't I like it enough to stick with it as it is.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

This is a great show too. I think the characters to written pretty well, and the situation as a whole is what keeps me watching.

Sunday's are amazing TV nights Dex, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6364
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Even in the Comics the character developement took some time. Season 1 is really nothing but a big introduction to the characters and the world they live in.

The comic made some really valid points on humans and how they would likely act after the zombie outbreak.

And yeah Zombies are fuckin awesome, it strikes at the most primal fear in our heads, being eaten alive.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RattleHead » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Not what I'd call a great show so far, but it's good enough that I watch it every Sunday. They seem to be going out of their way to show the "humanity" of the cast though, which usually leaves me asking "How the fuck did this person survive?".
User avatar
RattleHead
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:39 am
Location: Elyria, OH
Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:30 pm

I like the show. Only thing I'm not too thrilled about is the characters are experts at shooting the zombies with one shot. I don't even shoot that well on video games. :guns:

Other than that it's a great show.
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Just ordered the first 48 issues of the comic to hold me over for a bit till next Halloween.
User avatar
Naxos
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:08 am
Location: Reading, PA
Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:37 pm

As opposed to The Walking Dead, the basketball team.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Just wait till they get to the prison.

By the end the survivors are all super zombie slaying badasses.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 am

Glad to see it get recognized for Best Television Series-Drama for a Golden Globe. Looking forward to next season.
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Just wait till they get to the prison.

By the end the survivors are all super zombie slaying badasses.


It's like they made a biography of me.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:41 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Just wait till they get to the prison.

By the end the survivors are all super zombie slaying badasses.


It's like they made a biography of me.



You ain't never be killin' no zombies.

TWD is much better than almost all the shows you love.

It's a fact, zombies are awesome.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Bump.

First 3 episodes are real good.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6364
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

We've sorta been discussing them in the New Fall Shows thread.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Heard they're changing the title to "ALL MY ZOMBIES"
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:34 pm

I was wondering when Dale was going to call out Shane.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I was wondering when Dale was going to call out Shane.


Enjoyed that, but are they ever going to find that stupid girl? The storyline was used to flesh out some charachters by giving them time alone/in smaller numbers, but their development is stunted at that point. I know they are coming up on a hiatus so something will have to give...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I was wondering when Dale was going to call out Shane.


Enjoyed that, but are they ever going to find that stupid girl? The storyline was used to flesh out some charachters by giving them time alone/in smaller numbers, but their development is stunted at that point. I know they are coming up on a hiatus so something will have to give...


I have no idea. But the conflict over the barn is going to come to a head. And this "mid season finale" is fucking bullshit. Just play the goddamn season. All the shows are moving to this format, and it's stupid as hell.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Mid season finale's are awful.

This show is really good. I would imagine they have to stop the search for Sophia. Shane's right, the girl's dead. And how creepy was it for Daryl to com-to with a walker trying to eat his toes?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6364
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Steel-toe boots are a life-saver. Won't get any debate on the mid season crap.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:06 am

Just watched the "final" episode before the mid-season break, or whatever it is. I'm a 27 year old guy and I don't get upset while watching movies (crash) and never any tv shows..... This episode left me in tears
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:12 am

Wow. This left you in tears.

I'm fucking speechless.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 am

Shane is as evil as ever, and it was either the kid or Herschel's wife coming outta there once the slow music started so I was nonplussed. Its the zombie apocalypse...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:00 am

Hershel brought this shit on himself. Stupid old bastard.

He knew. He fucking knew they were looking for that little girl. They must have found her right before, or more likely after the newcomers arrived. It's the only way the timeline works. If Hershel thought the walkers were just "sick people" why the fuck didn't he just tell them that he found the girl. Instead, he lets the mother suffer; and Darryl, Rick, Shane et al take many unnecessary dangerous trips out looking for her.

Fuck that guy.

As far as the show goes, I thought it was a hell of a good payoff. I don't know why but it didn't occur to me that the girl was in the barn. I guess I never thought that because I didn't realize until this episode that they were still finding more walkers and putting them in there.

I was sick as hell of the "we have to find the girl" storyline but it was worth the wait IMO. I'm glad she was zombified. This show isn't about happy endings and things working out.

Nice finale
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 am

motherscratcher wrote:Hershel brought this shit on himself. Stupid old bastard.

He knew. He fucking knew they were looking for that little girl. They must have found her right before, or more likely after the newcomers arrived. It's the only way the timeline works. If Hershel thought the walkers were just "sick people" why the fuck didn't he just tell them that he found the girl. Instead, he lets the mother suffer; and Darryl, Rick, Shane et al take many unnecessary dangerous trips out looking for her.

Fuck that guy.

As far as the show goes, I thought it was a hell of a good payoff. I don't know why but it didn't occur to me that the girl was in the barn. I guess I never thought that because I didn't realize until this episode that they were still finding more walkers and putting them in there.

I was sick as hell of the "we have to find the girl" storyline but it was worth the wait IMO. I'm glad she was zombified. This show isn't about happy endings and things working out.

Nice finale



Herschel told Rick that Otis was the one that snared loose zombies and put them in the barn. Otis was probably killed before he even knew they were looking for a little girl. So I would say Herschel didn't know, he couldn't have.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 am

Go fuck yourself
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 am

There will never be any happy endings in this show. It's the zombie apocalypse, there can't be.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I guess the ending makes up for the last TWO MONTHS worth of shows of them searching for the "lost" girl.
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 pm

RedDawg53 wrote:I guess the ending makes up for the last TWO MONTHS worth of shows of them searching for the "lost" girl.


Yeah. I thought so anyway.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 pm

I cared more about the dead security guard in Revenge than I did that stoopid girl getting popped.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I cared more about the dead security guard in Revenge than I did that stoopid girl getting popped.


And a fuck has yet to given.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Herschel told Rick that Otis was the one that snared loose zombies and put them in the barn. Otis was probably killed before he even knew they were looking for a little girl. So I would say Herschel didn't know, he couldn't have.


Actually, now that I've had time to think about it, I disagree.

There was what, 12 - 15 zombies in the barn? Most of them were probably family members or people that Hershel and his family knew. Even the 2 that they went out and snared this last episode where people that Hershel knew. But it's not like Otis was putting 6 more in there every day.

Otis finding a little girl zombie, especially one that wasn't a known neighbor, would have definitely been a noteworthy event. I see absolutely no way that Otis finds Sophia, snares her, and puts her in the barn without telling Hershel. I don't buy that at all.

Otis finds Sophia...there's no way tht Hershel doesn't know about it. Makes nonsense to me.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Herschel told Rick that Otis was the one that snared loose zombies and put them in the barn. Otis was probably killed before he even knew they were looking for a little girl. So I would say Herschel didn't know, he couldn't have.


Actually, now that I've had time to think about it, I disagree.

There was what, 12 - 15 zombies in the barn? Most of them were probably family members or people that Hershel and his family knew. Even the 2 that they went out and snared this last episode where people that Hershel knew. But it's not like Otis was putting 6 more in there every day.

Otis finding a little girl zombie, especially one that wasn't a known neighbor, would have definitely been a noteworthy event. I see absolutely no way that Otis finds Sophia, snares her, and puts her in the barn without telling Hershel. I don't buy that at all.

Otis finds Sophia...there's no way tht Hershel doesn't know about it. Makes nonsense to me.


What's the upshot for Herschel not telling them? Why would he let them continue to search for a girl he knew was a walker? He knew they had no intention of leaving until they found her, and he wanted them to leave ASAP.

It would make no sense for him to know and NOT tell them. He didn't know.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
What's the upshot for Herschel not telling them? Why would he let them continue to search for a girl he knew was a walker? He knew they had no intention of leaving until they found her, and he wanted them to leave ASAP.

It would make no sense for him to know and NOT tell them. He didn't know.


So your theory is Otis found a little zombie girl, snared her, and put her in the barn, and didn't tell anyone? Just another day at the office?

hershel obviously didn't want them to know he was holding walkers in the barn. Otherwise he would have, you know, told them he had walkers in the barn. That's why he never said anything.

Or the most likely scenario...we are both right/wrong. It's a plot hole that the writers hadn't considered.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:52 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
What's the upshot for Herschel not telling them? Why would he let them continue to search for a girl he knew was a walker? He knew they had no intention of leaving until they found her, and he wanted them to leave ASAP.

It would make no sense for him to know and NOT tell them. He didn't know.


So your theory is Otis found a little zombie girl, snared her, and put her in the barn, and didn't tell anyone? Just another day at the office?

hershel obviously didn't want them to know he was holding walkers in the barn. Otherwise he would have, you know, told them he had walkers in the barn. That's why he never said anything.

Or the most likely scenario...we are both right/wrong. It's a plot hole that the writers hadn't considered.


Sure. Unless you heard Kirkman on that silly show with Chris Hardwick, he pretty much said Herschel didn't know, because Otis died before he had a chance to tell anyone..... and given the fact he just shot a boy by mistake, it could've just slipped his mind.

I don't think i'm wrong, and it's not a plot hole.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 am

Bullshit. I don't care what anyone says. No way that Otis finds that girl and it "slips his mind" and he doesn't mention it to ANYBODY. I'm not buying it. Plot hole. I'm right.

edi to add: Think of the timeline. ricks crew got to camp after Otis shot Hot Carl. Soon after that Otis was dead, but not immediately. He had to have found the girl before Hot Carl was shot.

So, this is what happened? Otis, by himself, runs across Sophia. He goes back ton the farm tonget the snare pole, but doesn't say anything. He goes back out and snares Sophia and walks her to the farm and puts her in the barn. Nobody sees or hears any of this. Again, he doesn't think it's worth mentioning to anyone. Some time later he decides to go hunting and shoots Hot Carl. Rick and Shane bring Carl to the farm. Soon, Hershel and his crew are made aware that a little girl named Sophia is missing. Otis can't connect those dots and again doesn't bother to mention the little girl he previously put in the barn. Shane kills Otis.

No. Fucking. Way.
Last edited by motherscratcher on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:11 am

Right..... unless you saw the preview for the next episode. When Shane was accusing Herschel of knowing all along, and Shane has been so right thus far.....
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Right..... unless you saw the preview for the next episode. When Shane was accusing Herschel of knowing all along, and Shane has been so right thus far.....


You mean the next episode in February? I missed that preview.

But that's what I'm saying anyway. There's no way that Hershel didn't know.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 am

This argument is silly.

Learning that CDT watches "TALK OF THE DEAD" because he is that hard about zombies is amazing.

HA
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

It's not silly stupidhead.

What do you think anyway?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 am

You were dead on seventy-six posts ago re: it being a giant plot hole none of the writers on this show considered.

This writing staff cares about effect, visual and exciting the plot... doesn't give a shit about characters.

After the fact I am sure they came up with answer about it.

Only way I think you are wrong is if this was made clear in the comics and CDT is just fucking with you because he knows it. This I have no idea about.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:29 am

Yep. Because Herschel would want Jimmy and Randall to go out and assist in a search he knew was pointless. Plus he told them they could stay until Carl recovered and they found Sophia.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am

Overlapping the stupid Rick v. Herschel territory bullshit and Sophia is ridiculous. These writers do not plan like that.

Those two things were very separate events and points.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:37 am

^^ lol.

Except that Kirkman said on national TV that dude didn't know she was in the barn. I'm sure it was just clever subterfuge though.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 am

And reading the comic gives me no advantage, since Sophia is still alive and Shane is not.

I just hope they bring in Michonne. Badass black chick with a Samurai sword.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Walking Dead, tv series

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 am

I mean, I watched that Talk of The Dead (I have never watched it before, but being in Ohio without a DVR and only the most basic cable sucked) and the way he answered that struck me as "YEAH I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS!!!"

The writing in this show is fairly terrible.

Either way, it is the dumbest argument ever. It was the best episode of the season and kudos to them for dropping it at the pivotal mid-season finale point.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 4 guests