Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Good or Bad Trade?

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Good or Bad Trade?

Unread postby GreatGoo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:23 pm

I get:
Greg Jennings
(GB - WR)

T.J. Houshmandzadeh
(Sea - WR)

They Get:
Larry Fitzgerald
(Ari - WR)

Vincent Jackson
(SD - WR)
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Re: Good or Bad Trade?

Unread postby waborat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:17 am

In a heartbeat
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby bac5665 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 am

It depends on if you're a gambler. Both of the players you're giving away might have amazing years. Only 1 of the players you're getting is elite, and honestly I'd probably cut the Housh as soon as I got him. But GJ is all but guaranteed a great year and the other too aren't.'

So yeah, I guess I do it, but not doing it has a non-insignificant change of paying off more.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby waborat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:47 am

bac5665 wrote:Only 1 of the players you're getting is elite, and honestly I'd probably cut the Housh as soon as I got him.

Really?

Immediately?

Sure the guy had a disappointing year, but he also had broken ribs and a hernia...He's still SEA's #1 WR and ya gotta think their entire passing game should be better than last year? Sure, he doesn't have an Ocho5 to take coverage away (unless Golden is golden?), but this cat was one of the top 12-13 WRs the following 4 years before last...

IMO, he rally has no downsize with where he's being drafted and only upside this season...

I agree, Jennings should be a stud once again w/ that offense
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:40 am

Great trade cause VJax is being a gigantic bitch this offseason and is at least missing the first 3 games, IIRC.

He'll probably miss more than that.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby GreatGoo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Great trade cause VJax is being a gigantic bitch this offseason and is at least missing the first 3 games, IIRC.

Thanks. Plus arizona has da as their qb. That can't be good for larrys numbers.
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:27 pm

GreatGoo wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Great trade cause VJax is being a gigantic bitch this offseason and is at least missing the first 3 games, IIRC.

Thanks. Plus arizona has da as their qb. That can't be good for larrys numbers.

This was from Rotoworld a few days ago.

Vincent Jackson's placement on the Roster Exempt List means that he will miss three OR six regular season games, regardless of whether he's traded.
The Roster Exempt distinction travels with V-Jax if he's shipped to Seattle. Already suspended for Weeks 1-3, he'll miss the first six games if he fails to sign his restricted free agent tender prior to September 4. If a trade is to happen, he needs to sign his tender. Otherwise, an unlikely midseason trade would be his best bet if he's going to play at all this year.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to The Fantasy Forum