Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Hard evidence of Roidger & roids

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Hard evidence of Roidger & roids

Unread postby Eckersley » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:12 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

“I assumed, and I am not surprised, that the tests were positive for both DNA and for performance-enhancing drugs, because that’s what Brian said all along, and there’s not much doubt that Brian’s been telling the truth,” McNamee’s lawyer, Richard Emery, told The Associated Press. “The confirmation of that fact, once again, just seems to me to be another significant step towards jail for Clemens.”

Roidger, better hope that W can pull some strings & get you a get out of jail for millions card. :lmfao:

Honesty is the best policy.
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Re: Hard evidence of Roidger & roids

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:42 pm

I doubt seriously that Clemens does any time. If no other player does any time then neither should he.

Not that it would break my heart to see him behind bars. God knows, Clemens is without question a dispicible dirt bag. The guy threw his own wife at the dogs to save his ass. His actions throughout his career has proven over and over that he's a cowardly low life. I have more respect for Bonds and ARod than Clemens and I think you know how much respect I have for them.
TitoFrancona

Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:46 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:I doubt seriously that Clemens does any time. If no other player does any time then neither should he.

Not that it would break my heart to see him behind bars. God knows, Clemens is without question a dispicible dirt bag. The guy threw his own wife at the dogs to save his ass. His actions throughout his career has proven over and over that he's a cowardly low life. I have more respect for Bonds and ARod than Clemens and I think you know how much respect I have for them.

I agree with that. He still has a chance to avoid it. But the longer he goes dicking around and costing people tons of money and time while lying, the likelihood of jail goes up. Someone will go the vindictive route on him and whether it's jail or a tearful confession it ain't gonna be good.

But it'll be funny. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby RCB1948 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:46 pm

I'll bet the evidence, though damning enough for the court of public opinion, will never stand up in court, or in Congress due to chain of custody issues. Roidger's attorney will claim that the syringe was used to give him a B-12 shot (thus the DNA) and McNamee later splashed some 'roid juice on it to frame poor Roidger.
RCB1948

Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Eckersley » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:I doubt seriously that Clemens does any time. If no other player does any time then neither should he.

Tito, aside from Bonds, none of the other players have committed perjury in front of a grand jury.

He may still avoid prison as money talks, but I don't see how Roidger & Barry can be grouped in with other roiders. Those 2 knowingly lied under oath.
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Eckersley wrote:

Tito, aside from Bonds, none of the other players have committed perjury in front of a grand jury.

He may still avoid prison as money talks, but I don't see how Roidger & Barry can be grouped in with other roiders. Those 2 knowingly lied under oath.

Weren't they all under oath in front of congress the first time?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Eckersley » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Pup wrote:
Eckersley wrote:

Weren't they all under oath in front of congress the first time?

I don't think so Pup.

I know Giambi was, but I don't think he denied it.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2121659

"When I testified in front of Congress, I know that I was testifying under oath and I told the truth," he said during a telephone conference call Monday. "Today I am telling the truth again that I did not do this intentionally or knowingly."

Guess they were.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Eckersley » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Congress & a grand jury are 2 totally separate entities, are they not? The players weren't under oath when testifying before Congress, were they?

Bonds & Clemens each went under oath before a grand jury.

Perhaps 1 of our legal eagles will be able to clarify this.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Pup, I'm with ya bro. Roidger is innocent. God damn media ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Really?

Under oath is pretty much under oath.

I mean. If you guys hate and want to kill the guy I understand. But the lack of facts in your posts are as bad as in the case.

Clemens hasn't even testified before a Grand Jury.

There is a Grand Jury looking into whether he lied to Congress, but he has not been called to testify at this point.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Swerb wrote:Pup, I'm with ya bro. Roidger is innocent. God damn media ...

I ain't even arguing guilt or innocence anymore.

Can I borrow a knife by the way? Maybe one alex sliced his finger with. You know, just in case we have a falling out and he turns up in the Cuyahoga. His blood and DNA. Your DNA. Obviously you killed him. Right?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Pup wrote:
Swerb wrote:Pup, I'm with ya bro. Roidger is innocent. God damn media ...

I ain't even arguing guilt or innocence anymore.

Can I borrow a knife by the way? Maybe one alex sliced his finger with. You know, just in case we have a falling out and he turns up in the Cuyahoga. His blood and DNA. Your DNA. Obviously you killed him. Right?

Without a doubt.

If the needle no longer drips, you must acquit?

Pup, just talked to OJ. He even said Clemens is guilty. Take it FWIW.

(Unless you grew up with Pup idolizing Clemens ... you cannot fathom how fun this story is for me)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Eckersley wrote:Roidger, better hope that W can pull some strings & get you a get out of jail for millions card. :lmfao:

If he were smart, which we know isn't the case, he would have plead guilty while Bush was still in office. Then he could have gotten a pardon before Bush left.
Lokais

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Eckersley wrote:

Well you had Tejada and then of course Palmiero basically denied it, and Sosa forgot how to speak English.
TitoFrancona

Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:58 pm

It doesn't matter. Perjury is a hard case to prove, and the jury pool has been polluted. This whole mess should be put off till the economy is fixed. Put the resources into prosectuting all these scumbag Wall St guys.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Bump

The Toolbox will be indicted. Like CDT said, it's likely a costly witch hunt given the issues, but at least the a-hole will squirm again for a while. That's okay with me.

And somewhere LBJ and Favre should probably say, "Thanks Roger".

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5476761

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Eckersley » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Some of McNamee's evidence is believed to include bloody gauze, vials and needles that he claims contained steroids and Clemens' DNA. McNamee kept the decade-old evidence in a FedEx box at his New York home and handed it over to investigators after the probe began.

McNamee has filed a defamation suit against Clemens in federal court in New York.

The government has about 10,000 more important issues to deal with, but they must think they have overwhelming evidence.

Meanwhile, Clemens' legal fees are reaching astronomic proportions. If he's found guilty of this, he'll also lose his defamation suit against McNamee. There goes many more millions.

Clemens should've done like Pettitte or Knoblauch & just come out & told the truth. It would've been a heck of a lot easier on his bank account.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Eckersley wrote:Some of McNamee's evidence is believed to include bloody gauze, vials and needles that he claims contained steroids and Clemens' DNA. McNamee kept the decade-old evidence in a FedEx box at his New York home and handed it over to investigators after the probe began.

McNamee has filed a defamation suit against Clemens in federal court in New York.

The government has about 10,000 more important issues to deal with, but they must think they have overwhelming evidence.

Meanwhile, Clemens' legal fees are reaching astronomic proportions. If he's found guilty of this, he'll also lose his defamation suit against McNamee. There goes many more millions.

Clemens should've done like Pettitte or Knoblauch & just come out & told the truth. It would've been a heck of a lot easier on his bank account.

Not sure how they get around the chain of evidence issues and I agree there are a billion better things to spend money and time on (though they won't anyway), but I personally want to see the guy miserable just for being a giant D-bag.

And I agree, a tearful apology and sobbing about how he'd do anything to extend his time in the game he loved would have been the best course of action. America is a sap for apologies and tears. Public perception and opinion would have done a 180 and backed him up.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Eckersley » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:53 pm

They're charging Roidger with 6 counts...including 2 counts of obstructing justice. Ouch! :pb:

They oughta lock him in a cell with Charlie Rangle. Couple of narcicists. They can spend their days listening to each other talk about himself. I can't think of a worse punishment.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Eckersley wrote:Some of McNamee's evidence is believed to include bloody gauze, vials and needles that he claims contained steroids and Clemens' DNA. McNamee kept the decade-old evidence in a FedEx box at his New York home and handed it over to investigators after the probe began.

Not sure how they get around the chain of evidence issues and I agree there are a billion better things to spend money and time on (though they won't anyway), but I personally want to see the guy miserable just for being a giant D-bag.

And I agree, a tearful apology and sobbing about how he'd do anything to extend his time in the game he loved would have been the best course of action. America is a sap for apologies and tears. Public perception and opinion would have done a 180 and backed him up.

Yeah cryin' would elicit some sympathy, but nothing pulls on the ole' heartstrings like throwin' your wife under the bus.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cease » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 am

Re: Bigger issues to deal with...

I've got no qualms with Washington looking into this with the intensity they are. With the number of hearings and BS Congress "wastes time" with, it's hard to even gauge that they are giving this too much attention.

Roger made this a very big issue by calling for the hearing and then lying to Congress. Lying to Congress is a major issue in and of itself. I just don't see this as a witch hunt at this point.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby dpdad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Agree, or Clemens should have taken the fifth. "I assert my fifth amendment privilege, a$$holes" would have been an appropriate response. But Clemens' arrogance wouldn't allow him to do either, so now he's got a real mess on his hands.
dpdad

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:51 pm

dpdad wrote:

Agree, or Clemens should have taken the fifth. "I assert my fifth amendment privilege, a$$holes" would have been an appropriate response. But Clemens' arrogance wouldn't allow him to do either, so now he's got a real mess on his hands.

THIS. Knowing he was testifying under oath to Congress, he should have either negotiated some sort of immunity or simply pled the Fifth. He chose to lie, and will become the taxpayers' burden due to his own ego and vanity.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 pm

jfiling wrote:
dpdad wrote:

THIS. Knowing he was testifying under oath to Congress, he should have either negotiated some sort of immunity or simply pled the Fifth. He chose to lie, and will become the taxpayers' burden due to his own ego and vanity.

He didn't even need to testify in front of congress. They were fine with a deposition. HE requested it.

The utter arrogance.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swerb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Clemens "looks forward to clearing his name"

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... sinterview

In other news, OJ is still "searching for the real killer"

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Here's my problem with the whole thing...

Put the Roidger thing on the side for a second...

His crime is that he lied to CONGRESS?? CONGRESS???
Isn't that hypocritical of CONGRESS?
Let's hold these congressmen to the same level of truthfulness.
Let the Congressman who is without lie cast the first stone.
Let's put them on trial EVERY time they lie.
Oh, wait. I wasn't under oath. Its OK to lie then.
And Clinton held the Presidency after he lied to Congress and all of us.
But no athlete should lie to Congress. Noooooo. Who do they think THEY are??!!

Say what you want. But I don't want any politician talking to me about truthfulness.

Period.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 pm

OldDawg wrote:Here's my problem with the whole thing...

Put the Roidger thing on the side for a second...

His crime is that he lied to CONGRESS?? CONGRESS???
Isn't that hypocritical of CONGRESS?
Let's hold these congressmen to the same level of truthfulness.
Let the Congressman who is without lie cast the first stone.
Let's put them on trial EVERY time they lie.
Oh, wait. I wasn't under oath. Its OK to lie then.
And Clinton held the Presidency after he lied to Congress and all of us.
But no athlete should lie to Congress. Noooooo. Who do they think THEY are??!!

Say what you want. But I don't want any politician talking to me about truthfulness.

Period.

I agree with the above.

That's why I wouldn't be nearly dumb enough to VOLUNTEER to speak in front of them.

Moron will desreve what he gets.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Eckersley » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Gotta say 1 thing about Roidger...his arrogance level is off the charts.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 pm

Eckersley wrote:Gotta say 1 thing about Roidger...his arrogance level is off the charts.

Maybe his momma didn't tell him to keep humble like LeBron's momma used to always tell him.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Not guilty on all counts.

Washington (CNN) -- Famed baseball pitcher Roger Clemens was found not guilty Monday of lying to Congress during an investigation of steroid use among major league players.

The case against Clemens involved one count of obstruction of Congress, three counts of making false statements and two counts of perjury. He was not charged with illicit use of performance-enhancing drugs, but his denial of such use was part of the case against him.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:56 pm

What a giant fucking waste of time and money.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 am

Guess the Old Rocket doesn't look so stupid or arrogant today?

One piece of evidence. Thousands of hours of research and there is one piece of evidence that tied him to steroids.

Everyone that backed Ryan Braun should agree. Clemens is clean and the GOAT.

Good bye.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 am

pup wrote:Guess the Old Rocket doesn't look so stupid or arrogant today?

You're nowhere near this stupid.

Not sure what incentive there is to look like you are. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

pup wrote:Guess the Old Rocket doesn't look so stupid or arrogant today?

One piece of evidence. Thousands of hours of research and there is one piece of evidence that tied him to steroids.

Everyone that backed Ryan Braun should agree. Clemens is clean and the GOAT.

Good bye.

He still looks like the same, stupid arrogant piece of shit today as yesterday.

To anyone not delusional.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Stupid arrogant piece of shit...yes.

Hall of Famer...should be.

Roider...probably

Douchebag...certainly.

Perjurer...yeah, probably, but 1. Who gives a shit, and 2. It was never provable anyway so again: Waste of time and money.

Bigger asshole? Clemens? Or the assholes that wasted time and taxpayer money on this fucking farce?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:19 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Bigger asshole? Clemens? Or the assholes that wasted time and taxpayer money on this fucking farce?

I'll take Option C: motherscratcher
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Edit: wrong thread, dumbass.
Last edited by skatingtripods on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm

He's a douche. But he also belongs in the HOF.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm

You're the douche.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jwmann2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Steroids or no steroids, they don't help baseball players hit home runs. And they sure as heck don't help you throw the ball faster. What they do is help speed up muscle recovery and boost testosterone so that you're still performing at a fresh level even 100 games into the season. Even before Barry Bonds took steroids, he had already hit well over 400 home runs at 190 lbs.
jwmann2

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Lebron James

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 pm

jwmann2 wrote:Steroids or no steroids, they don't help baseball players hit home runs.

If that was the case wouldn't there be less home runs hit with each passing month during the season?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:39 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
jwmann2 wrote:Steroids or no steroids, they don't help baseball players hit home runs.

If that was the case wouldn't there be less home runs hit with each passing month during the season?

Consistenly the worst take ever on the steroids issue.

Yeah, they don't make Joemessageboard a major leaguer - but we're talking about guys that COULD ALREADY DO THINGS AT AN AMAZING LEVEL. Yeah, Bonds has 400 before, than he bulked up his skull and hit his next 300 in about 10 minutes - well past the age of prime.

Good Christ, look at the "Steroid Era" and then look at the numbers, and explain to me how they don't work again?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:41 pm

LOL, scientists already proved that argument wrong.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:43 pm

FUDU wrote:LOL, scientists already proved that argument wrong.

Yup, same scientists who claimed a curveball doesn't really curve.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 pm

I mean it's 1 + 1 = 2 level of math.

Steroids = more/better muscles = increased bat speed = ball travels faster rand further when hit. That's why it is usually the more talented guys that see the more significant results from roids. They're already good at putting the bat on the ball.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 pm

FUDU wrote:I mean it's 1 + 1 = 2 level of math.

Steroids = more/better muscles = increased bat speed = ball travels faster rand further when hit. That's why it is usually the more talented guys that see the more significant results from roids. They're already good at putting the bat on the ball.

Hence they are classified as Performance Enhancing Drugs.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB