Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LeQuit always hated Cleveland growing up ?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

LeQuit always hated Cleveland growing up ?

Unread postby tired » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:08 pm

The Jerk sounds like Forrest Gump with his mother alway's told me crap.
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=32521
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: LeQuit alway's hated Cleveland growing up ?

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Rotoworld has him as saying he could play in Cleveland again in the future

. Also in the interview, James noted that he has no regrets about "The Decision" special on ESPN and added that he could even see himself playing in Cleveland again if the opportunity arose.

Rotoworld
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby tired » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

We need to find out what planet he came from and blow the shit out of it asap !
tired

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:36 pm

“That’s what keeps me humble, because I know my background, know what my mother went through,” said James. ”I never get too high on my stardom or what I can do. My mom always says, and my friends say, ‘You’re just a very low-maintenance guy.’”

You know, because all “low-maintenance” guys require two lockers in the corner of the locker room right by the trainers, request that their friends have full-time paying jobs and travel amenities with the team, and schedule their own media requests with the networks of their choosing.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby tired » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 pm

"I love our fans. Cleveland fans are awesome," he told GQ. "But I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court."

Dude. Check yourself. For real.
tired

Unread postby statmasta » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm

tired wrote:"I love our fans. Cleveland fans are awesome," he told GQ. "But I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court."

Dude. Check yourself. For real.

"I never get too high on my stardom or what I can do."

ROFL yeah right

this guy is clueless
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm

You know and this is what the all-time greats did.

We all remember in the Bird and Magic documentary that aired how they talked about spending their offseasons doing shots for trendy fashion magazines and ripping their former owners.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Different day, same delusion. Yawn. Still slightly amazing he can be that out of touch with reality, growing less amazing as the days go by though.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 pm

"I don't think he ever cared about LeBron. My mother always told me: 'You will see the light of people when they hit adversity. You'll get a good sense of their character.' Me and my family have seen the character of that man."

As opposed to his way of facing adversity: Sticking his tail between his legs and running off to Miami to piggyback on someone else's coattails in order to win a championship.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I am a little tired of the "my mother always told me" crap. Like this is some tight-knit loving family.
Momma was AWOL in your life until you became her meal ticket. Momma didn't always tell you anything, cause she wasn't around.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:07 pm

OldDawg wrote:I am a little tired of the "my mother always told me" crap. Like this is some tight-knit loving family.
Momma was AWOL in your life until you became her meal ticket. Momma didn't always tell you anything, cause she wasn't around.

This x 1,000

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

So now his mother, the crack whore, is some all knowing sage full of wisdom? It'd be like Lindsey Lohan doing an interview and offering up some nuggets that her father told her as a way of explaining why she turned out so awesome.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Ziner wrote:Different day, same delusion. Yawn. Still slightly amazing he can be that out of touch with reality, growing less amazing as the days go by though.

I know. It should be like this. I should be used to it by now. I shouldn't be surprised...but I am.

The lack of awareness is astounding. I just can't wrap my head around the way this guy views himself, fans, and the world in general. It's so skewed. I can't get over it.

I don't know why, but every damn time he opens his mouth I'm amazed all over again and I'm left shaking my head. Maybe I'm the lunatic.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm

I can't start talking about LBJ's lack of awareness again until I'm no longer amazed by my own.

Anything I could continue to say about him reflects just as poorly on me for not wanting to see it all before when he was 'ours'.

Personally, I'm too old to fall for that shit like I did. I'm nearly as ashamed of myself as I am of him to be perfectly honest.

It didn't happen a month ago. And I ain't copping out and believing it did.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Nah, it is ramped up a lot. Most people knew he always had a little d-bag in him, there is certainly no reason to pretend we should have known he was this much of a narssistic d-bag. If it had always been known the media outside of Skip Bayless would have been crushing him for years. The bs he pulled before was childs play compared to this. What was the most ridiculous/arrogant thing he did previous? Not shaking hands with the magic? Taking fake pictures on the sidelines? Stiffing a waitress on a tip (in a non-Tiger way)? Speeding? He never gave indications that he was this oblivious, I dont feel as if I should have known it was this bad.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm just amazed that there's been a line drawn in the sand all this time between Cleveland and Akron and I'm just now hearing about it.

The guy is playing up to his role of NBA villian. By having all this stuff come out since July 8th it makes it easier on him because now the city he played in for 7 years is finding out he was never loyal to them, just his own little town. The more Clevelanders hate him, the easier it is for him to live w/ the decision. He'll use it as motivation to put up 50+ everytime he faces the Cavs and stare a hole straight through Gilbert. His post game presser will consist of him being humbled coming back to the Q in the visitors locker room. It'll also consist of a "I told you so" tone as he'll point out how he's just an innocent victim of the poison being spewed by Cleveland fans and that he knows now, deep down, he made the correct choice.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: LeQuit always hated Cleveland growing up ?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Ziner wrote:Nah, it is ramped up a lot. Most people knew he always had a little d-bag in him, there is certainly no reason to pretend we should have known he was this much of a narssistic d-bag. If it had always been known the media outside of Skip Bayless would have been crushing him for years. The bs he pulled before was childs play compared to this. What was the most ridiculous/arrogant thing he did previous? Not shaking hands with the magic? Taking fake pictures on the sidelines? Stiffing a waitress on a tip (in a non-Tiger way)? Speeding? He never gave indications that he was this oblivious, I dont feel as if I should have known it was this bad.

Really? The Hummer purchase in high school and jepoardizing the season for his teammates, the shit like disrupting high school shoot arounds so he could play with his remote control cars, the dishing of off the ball in crunch time of State championship games (and Piston playoff games) so that accountability for actually winning/losing couldn't be his ("hey, I made the right pass and XXX missed the shot" or "How about my pass that gave XXX the look to win it because of my unselfishness"), the fact he never introduced himself or even said hello to Joe Tait in the seven years he was here, chafing under Paul Silas's structure and discipline, the lackeys given the run of the city/arena/locker room, etc?

None of it should have given me a really big clue huh?

Nope- Passing it off as a kid having fun or unselfish or taking care of his buddies was way too easy. You look at it how you choose Z. But there were more than enough hints that I should have picked up on.

I chose not to. Guy was ours and he was the most talented cat in the building every night. That was good enough.

It's embarrassing really. Defending that guy for years makes me sick thinking of it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Did you know he didn't say hi to Tait before a few weeks ago? The stuff in high school is something a high school kid does. The stuff he pulled lately is not something a 25 y/o "man" pulls. The passing stuff has nothing to do with arrogance IMO. Either he is afraid or doesnt want to accountability both are difference from arrogance and a general ignorance of reality. There is reason the rest of the world is piling on now as well. It isnt just people on Cleveland message boards. If it were the "we should have known" holds more credence. And like I said to start with, who here didnt know he had a certain level of d-bag in him? I dont think it is crazy to be surprised at the level of it.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Ziner wrote:The stuff in high school is something a high school kid does. The stuff he pulled lately is not something a 25 y/o "man" pulls. I dont think it is crazy to be surprised at the level of it.

Disagree. The stuff he's pulled as a 25yr old is exactly the stuff a 25 yr old who was a giant a-hole at 18 and never had to grow up would pull.

It was there. From the Hummer to the remote controlled Hummer disrupting games, to the fact he gets suspended for taking free jerseys and did every single thing with the self awareness he displayed about 'The Decision'?

Fuck. The prima donna shit, Silas hating his friends, flopping to the floor and taking fifteen minutes to get off the floor when a PG glanced off him, Yankee shit at Tribe games, etc.

Call me Andy Baskin. But there's a shit load of truth to all of it when you look back. It was funny then, it was tough shit to the detractors because they were jealous.

No dude. He was a giant d-bag. Enormous. This ain't out of character. This is his lack of character.

And it was always lacking.

Not realizing it is on me.

YMMV

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:19 pm

He's been so sheltered his whole life that he has no clue how anyone else thinks or feels.

From an interview with the GQ writer
http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201009/lebron-james-backstory-gq-jr-moehringer

Talk a little bit about LeBron's inner circle—not just family and publicists, but the old teammates and coaches you met in Cleveland.
Well, he was surrounded by a layer of family, then a layer of old friends, and then a layer of Nike people—so Cleveland was where I really got the sense that he is possibly, really insulated from the outside world. All famous people have entourages and inner circles, but this struck me as something larger, even more protective, and harder to break through. I got the sense also that it might've been what kept him from gauging the mood in the real world as people waited for his decision. He really did seem to be at the center of an enormous group of handlers, helpers, and managers—and I'm sure that makes him feel good on a day-to-day basis, but there's a downside to that, too.

I think that's hard to know from a distance, but I do think that he draws obvious comfort from being surrounded by people who love him—and I don't see anything wrong with that. But as with anything, all that comfort comes at a cost, and I think that his fear of being alone keeps him at times from walking through the fire that we all have to walk through. Maybe sitting alone in a room and thinking might have helped him realize that an hour-long special devoted to his decision was ill advised. My suspicion from watching him surrounded by people wherever he goes is that he's not spending a lot of time alone in a room thinking through things.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:I'm just amazed that there's been a line drawn in the sand all this time between Cleveland and Akron and I'm just now hearing about it.

very much so on this.

My mom's side of the family was from Fairlawn and Tallmadge, I had an uncle that went to the Tribe games back in the mid to late 80's at the old stadium and loved that team, We all cheered for the Tribe in the 90's and were always supportive of the area. Never heard of once some one going out of their way to disrespect the city on the North Coast over the course of my entire existence.

Where were these people that were rambling on about how they hated Cleveland? I never heard it growing up in the 'burbs, neither did my friend who grew up in Ellet.

You know and it's funny too, Kosar was from Youngstown and never shed the label of "Hometown kid", or pulled any of this of this crap. But I guess this is what separates No. 19 from D-Wade's bitch.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Toxicadam » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:32 pm

The real shame about all this is that he didn't go to the Knicks. It would have made it so much easier to watch and cheer for that all to fail. But, he will probably find success in Miami and Cleveland fans will be left eating a bag of shit.

It's pretty apparent that Lebron grew up hating Cleveland fans. Imagine the type of shit he got in school by being a Cowboys/Bulls/Yankees fan. He probably detests the whole loser mentality of the area and couldn't wait to get the hell away (once he couldn't change it).
Toxicadam

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:38 pm

The apostrophe in 'always' is really pissing me off
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:He's been so sheltered his whole life that he has no clue how anyone else thinks or feels.

Sheltered, entitled, ignorant, selfish....however you want to describe it. It all fits. But the key is your "whole life" portion of the sentence.

It was always "me, Me, ME" with the guy. From the very first time we heard of him. The fact July 8th was set up with only LBJ in mind simply should not have surprised me.

There are those here who were not surprised and who had a clue about it. I didn't see it when it was blinking and blaring in front of my face. That just disappoints me.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:41 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Ziner wrote:The stuff in high school is something a high school kid does. The stuff he pulled lately is not something a 25 y/o "man" pulls. I dont think it is crazy to be surprised at the level of it.

Disagree. The stuff he's pulled as a 25yr old is exactly the stuff a 25 yr old who was a giant a-hole at 18 and never had to grow up would pull.

It was there. From the Hummer to the remote controlled Hummer disrupting games, to the fact he gets suspended for taking free jerseys and did every single thing with the self awareness he displayed about 'The Decision'?

Fuck. The prima donna shit, Silas hating his friends, flopping to the floor and taking fifteen minutes to get off the floor when a PG glanced off him, Yankee shit at Tribe games, etc.

Call me Andy Baskin. But there's a shit load of truth to all of it when you look back. It was funny then, it was tough shit to the detractors because they were jealous.

No dude. He was a giant d-bag. Enormous. This ain't out of character. This is his lack of character.

YMMV

^Truth

All the stuff that once appeared to be petty on the surface, when added up shows what a cluster f*** it's been all along. We were too blinded by what he brought on the court to see it. I'm guilty of it. Just like Browns fans will worship and love Jim Brown for what he's done on the field and his community service. Nevermind the fact that he likes to use his woman like Rocky used a side of beef when training. At least Brown helped bring a championship to Cleveland.

James has never had to fend for himself. He's been/being led by people who rely on him for their own celebrity so they'll never tell him when something shouldn't be done. The fear of being cast from the kingdom insures that James will be surrounded by loyal, YES, friends.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:06 pm

I think Peeker is right and Lebron was always a D-bag but we overlooked all of his bullshit since he was delivering the goods. That's on all of us that fell for that shit. Should have known better, in objective hindsight his bullshit attitude was always pretty obvious and we just didn't want to see it.

If you get bored check-out the Chicago Tribune online today. They ran the excerpts from the GQ story and the local Chicagoan's are piling on him really good. They are all calling him a dbag, delusional and saying why would Cleveland want him back. Good to see it's not just Clevelanders that dislike this prick. The whole country see's it.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

You guy can keep arguing about when or if we should have known. I will wait to make up my mind until I read SouthFLASports's take on it.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby waborat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Ziner wrote:You guy can keep arguing about when or if we should have known. I will wait to make up my mind until I read SouthFLASports's take on it.

With a dash of PBFan peppered in ;-) ;) :wink:

BTW Peek, quit beating yourself up, this is the same douche who is/was the face of the new NBA, not to mention the ambassador of the game to the world...

Much more influential peeps were smoked by this turd
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm

The real shame about all this is that he didn't go to the Knicks. It would have made it so much easier to watch and cheer for that all to fail. But, he will probably find success in Miami and Cleveland fans will be left eating a bag of shit.

Doesn't matter if he finds success in Miami or not. He's shown his ass already and he can't un-show it. Any title he wins in South Florida will be as meaningful as if he'd purchased it for 25 cents out of a grocery-store gumball machine. And we can't lose what we never had or would have had. LeBron would have never won a title here.

It's pretty apparent that Lebron grew up hating Cleveland fans. Imagine the type of shit he got in school by being a Cowboys/Bulls/Yankees fan. He probably detests the whole loser mentality of the area and couldn't wait to get the hell away (once he couldn't change it).

I think he really started to resent the pressure fans placed on him to end the drought. I don't think he figured it was in his job description.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Ziner wrote:Fuck. The prima donna shit, Silas hating his friends, flopping to the floor and taking fifteen minutes to get off the floor when a PG glanced off him, Yankee shit at Tribe games, etc.

YMMV

Don't expect to see this kind of angst out of you, Peek. And IMO it's unwarranted. He was our guy, we should have had his back while he gave us any reason to. And his play on the floor gave us that reason. Just like Albert Belle.

He's the asshole, not you, not us. Just roll with it, broham.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Toxicadam wrote:Imagine the type of shit he got in school by being a Cowboys/Bulls/Yankees fan.

If my childhood was any indication not much... I'm almost 30, and I would think his front-running had little to due with, or caused the, Cleveland hate.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Don't expect to see this kind of angst out of you, Peek. And IMO it's unwarranted. He was our guy, we should have had his back while he gave us any reason to. And his play on the floor gave us that reason. Just like Albert Belle.

For the defense of him on the floor I'll lean toward agreement. I still think he's at or near the most gifted athlete I've ever seen.

But being completely blind to everything else? No excuses. You had it right, others had it close. It's just not in him to be a leader. Not when it requires putting your interests behind the common goal. The guy is/was incapable of doing that. His unselfishness on the floor is part basketball IQ, part "Look how unselfish I am". HE is his only goal. No one else, nothing else matters. And he still can't see it because he's so wrapped inside himself.

To be completely oblivious to how pathetic and loathsome a guy like that is for that long is simply beyond me.

Hard for me to throw stones at a guy I sheltered and harbored for close to ten years. Not because I don't dislike him intensely but because I'm afraid of getting hit with one of 'em myself. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Anybody hear Simmons and Klosterman discuss The Queen leaving? Pretty interesting as Klosterman's take was somewhat original.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/pod ... id=2864045
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:Don't expect to see this kind of angst out of you, Peek. And IMO it's unwarranted. He was our guy, we should have had his back while he gave us any reason to. And his play on the floor gave us that reason. Just like Albert Belle.

For the defense of him on the floor I'll lean toward agreement. I still think he's at or near the most gifted athlete I've ever seen.

But being completely blind to everything else? No excuses. You had it right, others had it close. It's just not in him to be a leader. Not when it requires putting your interests behind the common goal. The guy is/was incapable of doing that. His unselfishness on the floor is part basketball IQ, part "Look how unselfish I am". HE is his only goal. No one else, nothing else matters. And he still can't see it because he's so wrapped inside himself.

To be completely oblivious to how pathetic and loathsome a guy like that is for that long is simply beyond me.

Hard for me to throw stones at a guy I sheltered and harbored for close to ten years. Not because I don't dislike him intensely but because I'm afraid of getting hit with one of 'em myself. ;-) ;) :wink:

While I tend to agree here - it might be for a different reason. Mine, well, I was apathetic to all the bullshit because it's 2010 and I see this from athletes on a regular basis.

To be quite honest, any of the bullshit that comes out now, not really suprising - from Lebron or any other pro athlete. Sure LBJ's level of entitlement is inflated by his status, but none of it makes me hate the guy anymore than I already do. And I'm certainly waaay past the point of beating myself up over it.

I've said before all this went down that it was shocking that LBJ came off as well as he did considering his background, in that respect I was wrong, or like Peek insinuates - duped. But, again, oh well. Another modern athlete on the list.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 pm

leadpipe wrote:While I tend to agree here - it might be for a different reason. Mine, well, I was apathetic to all the bullshit because it's 2010 and I see this from athletes on a regular basis.

To be quite honest, any of the bullshit that comes out now, not really suprising - from Lebron or any other pro athlete. Sure LBJ's level of entitlement is inflated by his status, but none of it makes me hate the guy anymore than I already do. And I'm certainly waaay past the point of beating myself up over it.

I've said before all this went down that it was shocking that LBJ came off as well as he did considering his background, in that respect I was wrong, or like Peek insinuates - duped. But, again, oh well. Another modern athlete on the list.

"Duped" is as good a word as I can think of. And I feel like I'm too old and have seen it all too often to be duped. But yeah, foolish and shoulda known better about sums it up.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Toxicadam wrote:Imagine the type of shit he got in school by being a Cowboys/Bulls/Yankees fan.

But doesn't this fit what you see from him now.
It is safe to be a fan of Cowboys/Bulls/Yankees. They are/were the best. There is no risk involved. No effort needed. Hey, its easy to pull for those teams.

Isn't that what he just did with his career? It would be tough to stay and make a champion out of the Cavs. It is safe to make your own all-star team. No risk.

The guy really isn't a competitor. He doesn't really like a challenge.

Wus.
OldDawg

Unread postby idoctribefan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:11 pm

bucknutz94 wrote:Anybody hear Simmons and Klosterman discuss The Queen leaving? Pretty interesting as Klosterman's take was somewhat original.

Why can't Simmons or any of the people at ESPN mention the Gloria/Delonte rumor? Ordered by ESPN to not talk about it so that their access to LeBron isn't taken away?
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:23 pm

OldDawg wrote:

But doesn't this fit what you see from him now.
It is safe to be a fan of Cowboys/Bulls/Yankees. They are/were the best. There is no risk involved. No effort needed. Hey, its easy to pull for those teams.

Isn't that what he just did with his career? It would be tough to stay and make a champion out of the Cavs. It is safe to make your own all-star team. No risk.

The guy really isn't a competitor. He doesn't really like a challenge.

Wus.

Yep, he's incredibly insecure. Although at this point, calling him insecure is kind of like calling Hitler "not such a nice guy".

idoctribefan wrote:
bucknutz94 wrote:Anybody hear Simmons and Klosterman discuss The Queen leaving? Pretty interesting as Klosterman's take was somewhat original.

Why can't Simmons or any of the people at ESPN mention the Gloria/Delonte rumor? Ordered by ESPN to not talk about it so that their access to LeBron isn't taken away?

That's the impression I get after the pulled story debacle.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Peek's got it, as far as the play on the court.

If I had to describe LeBron's game with one phrase, it would be "selfishly unselfish".
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 am

I agree with a lot of what peeker says on this.

Should have been much more aware of this all going down, and at the same time much more aware of his short comings on the court as well, however it was just to easy to fall prey to the end results as the weeks went by for 7 years. I think deep down inside a lot of us did see his faults on the court but it was just to tempting to overlook them b/c we've been so deprived, we're thirsty God damnit, we'll drink almost anything.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am

peeker643 wrote:I can't start talking about LBJ's lack of awareness again until I'm no longer amazed by my own.

Anything I could continue to say about him reflects just as poorly on me for not wanting to see it all before when he was 'ours'.

Personally, I'm too old to fall for that shit like I did. I'm nearly as ashamed of myself as I am of him to be perfectly honest.

I'm betting you're now teaching your kids what you've just learned in some simple way for them to understand they're just tools in the sports shed.

Athletes are what they are because the fan base has made them so by buying into the idolization and marketing hyperbole.

In short, 'you' made LaPunk what he is and deserve to be embarrassed over being so naive in the first place as to believe anyone of these dopes is out for anything but themselves.

LeBron is stupid....what a revelation ::doh::

'You' as in Cav Fan, wanted him because of his skills and the fact that he was from close to home...period. The fact he's an ignorant fool incapable of doing anything but dribbling a fucking basketball never entered anyone's mind...in fact, I'd bet that anyone who portrayed him as such prior to his being drafted would have been vililfied...just get 'us' a fucking ring, please.

Its far more profitable to beg on street corners................eh?

The problem, for all of us, is giving a rats ass in the first place.

I basically quit following sports religously, like most guys do, when I started seeing HS games on ESPN and when Marcus Vick signed a letter of intent in 8th grade

Ya'll get too wrapped up in this shit and where some see an outlet from the daily routine, I see self-induced stress over numbskulls that use you for your $

This is why no matter how much I want to see the Brownies win a SB or 2 or 3, at the end of the day, I don't really give a shit. None of 'it' or those involved in 'it' is worth 'our' involment in their la la land world.

Comming from the ghetto or a hard luck life situation doesn't mean you don't need a reality check, LaLoser.

Just my nickels worth
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am

So how silly does all the credit he got for being "saavy" with his PR look now? Dude never schemed up any of the attention grabbing things he said, he just said em', and likely with completely different intentions than people thought....

All these comments about him knowing exactly what he was doing stirring up constant attention.....he didn't "mastermind" that so his brand recognition would gain strength, he was just a fucking narcissist with no perspective on the world outside his bubble.

Also, still wondering why the Elbow issue has gone quietly into the night....I want somebody to go to town on him about that for some real answers. A fake elbow issue paints an UGLY picture, and would all but confirm that he consciously quit on his team against Boston.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm

idoctribefan wrote:

Why can't Simmons or any of the people at ESPN mention the Gloria/Delonte rumor? Ordered by ESPN to not talk about it so that their access to LeBron isn't taken away?[/quote

That is the first logical reason that comes to mind, but who else would he give complete access to? Fox Sports or FSN Miami. He almost has no other choice but to use them as he media whoring avenue. They have the closest thing to a sports entertainment monopoly as there is. They are probably just waiting for that legit source to come to them, and that probably won't happen while LeDouche is still an active player.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Why should we be surprised that Akron hated Cleveland. The kids in Cleveland high schools now can't even share a bus stop with another school or else they fucking get in a riot. Cleveland people hate themselves, why should out of towners love us?
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Never really considered Akron out-of-town, but I guess those insecure bitches are what they are...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 pm

The King's perception of life kind of reminds me of an interview I watched about 10 years ago with Paul McCartney. He basically wanted to thank each and every one of us mortals here on earth for being part of his dream. All of "us" playing our role has made his dream come true, and he just wanted "us" to know how much he really appreciates it. :hic:
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby tired » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Now the SOB will be on the sidelines of TOSU-Cryami game !!! Hates Cleveland but, loves Columbus ???
tired

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 pm

tired wrote:Now the SOB will be on the sidelines of TOSU-Cryami game !!! Hates Cleveland but, loves Columbus ???

Meh...every time he gets on a plane there's that glimmer of hope that it will fail to reach its destination intact.

Other than that....emptiness in regard to where he goes or what he does.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:03 pm

peeker643 wrote:
tired wrote:Now the SOB will be on the sidelines of TOSU-Cryami game !!! Hates Cleveland but, loves Columbus ???

Meh...every time he gets on a plane there's that glimmer of hope that it will fail to reach its destination intact.

Other than that....emptiness in regard to where he goes or what he does.

(smoke)

Do we even know which sideline he's standing on?

Not that I care which one. I can only hope that it's not the one where Zach Boren makes an over the shoulder catch while running toward the sideline an stumbles into and lands on LBJ's knee. Because that would break my fucking heart.

Tune in to ESPN2 tonight for a half hour special where they reveal which sideline he will stand on.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Motherscratcher wrote: (smoke)
Do we even know which sideline he's standing on?

Not that I care which one. I can only hope that it's not the one where Zach Boren makes an over the shoulder catch while running toward the sideline an stumbles into and lands on LBJ's knee. Because that would break my fucking heart.

Tune in to ESPN2 tonight for a half hour special where they reveal which sideline he will stand on.

No way one player can get through the barrier of LRMR and hangers-on that'll be surrounding James. They'll be like the '88 Dolphins protecting Marino. It'll take a multi player pile up to get to James but he'll probably go all Crouching Tiger and just jump over the pile of humanity, just to spite my hope.
Larvell Blanks

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA