Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

So, this bike-a-thon?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

So, this bike-a-thon?

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:09 am

http://www.kingforkidsbikeathon.com/

This going to get cancelled now? or is he going to be this stupid and arrogant to think people will look the other way, for the kids sake?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: So, this bike-a-thon?

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:12 am

Triple-S wrote:http://www.kingforkidsbikeathon.com/

This going to get cancelled now? or is he going to be this stupid and arrogant to think people will look the other way, for the kids sake?

Swerb, I'm down for a movement. Old school BFWWN.

Thoughts in public?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 am

I am up for this.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 am

This has so much potential to be epic.

I can see it now, his ass getting booed downtown, eggs being chucked in his direction, banners being waved to the effect of "you broke our heart", chants being started.

and then, he'll lose it, oooh, he'll lose it. He'll go off on some sort of rant involving how bad we've look in front of the kids. Doesn't matter.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 am

Triple-S wrote:http://www.kingforkidsbikeathon.com/

Email them ! I did!

Do something besides bitch. Diss his sponsors. Worked for BFWWN
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 am

For those wondering if we should be above all this

"You don't live in cincinnati! you live in cleveland!"

Triple-S

Unread postby ajunior148 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am

BFWWN?
ajunior148

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 am

I'm emailing them saying that I am going to a bike-a-thon in Sandusky, where I have a better chance of winning it. Just debating on making my announcement on the Alan Cox Show or on KNR.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:46 am

ajunior148 wrote:BFWWN?

WEow. Really?

Swerb, I have a DVD from Pablus about the day. 30 minutes.

Do we have the technology to host it in perpetuity?
jb

Unread postby CP » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Don't let me interrupt the grief process here, but my opinion is that he's going to come just to encourage Ohioans to make a spectacle of themselves at an annual kids' event. He is counting on stuff like that to help repair his national image and make us look petty.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm

CP wrote:Don't let me interrupt the grief process here, but my opinion is that he's going to come just to encourage Ohioans to make a spectacle of themselves at an annual kids' event. He is counting on stuff like that to help repair his national image and make us look petty.

Yeah, there's no way we can look good lynching him at a charity for kids.

Get to him beforehand, someplace dark and quiet.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
CP wrote:Don't let me interrupt the grief process here, but my opinion is that he's going to come just to encourage Ohioans to make a spectacle of themselves at an annual kids' event. He is counting on stuff like that to help repair his national image and make us look petty.

Let's face it: lynching him anywhere is going to look bad. Just have to swallow that pill and take care of business. But if it has to be dark and quiet we can do it at a Tribe game.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Seriously? You guys actually think he'll show for this?

HA.

He systematically made his appearance at his AAU camp before the decision, he knows. Big question is, what happens to the LBJ Shooting Stars AAU squad in Akron?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Seriously? You guys actually think he'll show for this?

The way he shrugged off the jersey burning? I'm sort of leaning towards it.

I think in his mind, he thinks that he's still tight with a good portion of Akron.

If he was smart at all, he'd hand it off to Josh Cribbs to lead it.

Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Seriously? You guys actually think he'll show for this?

HA.

He systematically made his appearance at his AAU camp before the decision, he knows. Big question is, what happens to the LBJ Shooting Stars AAU squad in Akron?

Valid point. He didn't show up for multiple games in the EC Semis so he can definitely be elusive. He'll do what Pablo Escobar did and fund it from afar.

Can't believe he didn't call it a Bike-a-Bron. Did Maverick and the boys do their internship with BP?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Channel 5 showed some clips of a gym in Akron, many were ready to become Heat fans. Can we nuke that shithole... (It will only kill select people!)
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Orenthal wrote:Channel 5 showed some clips of a gym in Akron, many were ready to become Heat fans. Can we nuke that shithole... (It will only kill select people!)

the many of us in the area have disowned him. Spin even did.

At least in my suburb. Don't know what else to say.

Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Orenthal wrote:Channel 5 showed some clips of a gym in Akron, many were ready to become Heat fans. Can we nuke that shithole... (It will only kill select people!)

Doesn't surprise me. Some will always be contrarian, some will root for the player, some will maintain the AKron seperate identity thing.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 pm

My read on the piece is that it was purpose driven to find people that would support him... FWIW Fuck Fox for this fair and balanced shit. Was easier when you knew 100% where the bias lied. When they were upfront with that shit...

I know who is what, just commenting on the need to ALWAYS show both sides.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm

so, word is this still going on and he's still going to show up.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I would only worry about how we look to the country, if the whole freaking country didn't think he was a classless self-centered moron.

If he shows, the country figures he gets what's coming to him.

I have one jersey left. Let's hang it on the wall, charge $25 per to urinate on it, and donate it to Children's. I bet we raise more money than Bron paid for those bicycles. We'll call it the "Piss on the Pansy Fund".

"Jack on the Judas Fund"?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Spin wrote:I would only worry about how we look to the country, if the whole freaking country didn't think he was a classless self-centered moron.

If he shows, the country figures he gets what's coming to him.

I have one jersey left. Let's hang it on the wall, charge $25 per to urinate on it, and donate it to Children's. I bet we raise more money than Bron paid for those bicycles. We'll call it the "Piss on the Pansy Fund".

"Jack on the Judas Fund"?

you could always do what the aeros are doing and have it donated to a third world country.

Triple-S

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 pm

oh i'm sure the media would just love to see "us crazy cleveland fans" out there with our "lebron sucks" banners, burning "23" jerseys and chanting "king no mo", but what would be even better is if nobody even bothered to show up at all. that would be the ultimate biggest slap in the face to "the selfish one" if you ask me.

yeah, that's it, a boycott!!! spread the word to "just say no" to lebron.

of course there will still be all those parents who are looking for a free handout who will still go, but like forest gump said "stupid is as stupid does".
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 pm

I am trying to get my kids to sign up and do it , while wearing Queen Quitter shirts. I ain't marching in this one.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Mav Carter's mom's driveway after dusk?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 am

Triple-S wrote:so, word is this still going on and he's still going to show up.

Of course he's going to show up. He stated during the Decision that Akron will always be his home and the people closest to him will continue to support him. He's free to work out at St V. I've seen people from Akron on the news saying that they support him and understand why he left. The kids who benefit from this will only see LeBron James, basketball superstar, not LeBron James, quitter, idiot, traitor. If he was to cancel the event or not show up to it, he'd take an even bigger hit from the media. His team will use this to show how he still supports NEO and is above the controversy of the Decision. They'll also use any footage of Cavs fans booing him, firing up jerseys, etc to show the nation that Cleveland fans are bitter and won't let go, while he has moved on.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 am

Why wouldn't he show up? As Larvell pointed out, AKRON is his hometown. Cleveland isn't. I still think some of MeBron's bandwagoneers honestly truly believe that Cleveland was the guy's birthplace and where he was raised. It's a charity event and I actually think there will be some people there to make it a lovefest for him, YMMV.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am

Let's just all show up wearing Delonte West jerseys...
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:41 am

So, I literally saw someone wearing a LBJ Heat jersey in akron yesterday.

I'm really beginning to wonder if that is indeed worse than donning a yankees hat or a steelers jersey.

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Triple-S wrote:So, I literally saw someone wearing a LBJ Heat jersey in akron yesterday.

I'm really beginning to wonder if that is indeed worse than donning a yankees hat or a steelers jersey.

Get used to. The longer we get seperation from "The Decision", the more Heat/James gear you'll see, especially in the 330. Guaranteed that adults and kids will be peppered throughout the Bike a thon route wearing their #6 jerseys and screaming that Bron Bron is STILL the home town hero no matter where he plays ball.

People were wearing Bulls gear after Mike hit his shot against Ehlo. Yankees hats became must wear apparel (thanks Fred Durst :thumbdown: ) Steelers jerseys and t-shirts have been in NEO as long as I can remember. It's just more prevalent now because there is no home team anymore because you can call your cable company and follow any team you want. It's not like growing up and following your team through Bob Dolgan and Hal or getting updates for 2 minutes from Gib or Wayland Boot.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 pm

You guys really think you'll be able to wear anything dissing LBJ at this? Security won't let you in.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:50 pm

I heard LeBron uses live puppies as slippers and clubs baby seals before workouts to get his heart-rate up.

And he was in on 9/11.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cease » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:They'll also use any footage of Cavs fans booing him, firing up jerseys, etc to show the nation that Cleveland fans are bitter and won't let go, while he has moved on.

True. The "Cleveland fan reaction" angle to the story is already written. The stations just need to come and get fresh footage. Why play in to that?
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby rk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:14 pm

I hope people are still just venting and aren't really planning on doing anything for this.

It's one of the largest charity drives in Akron and helps just about every major charity in the city.

Blowing this up just to vent because he's a millionaire asshole just hurts Akron and helps him improve his image.

Feel free to burn his jerseys, rock his limo at Hopkins, or steal a cross from Jesus while he's taking a piss at the HoF ceremony.

BTW BFWWN had a goal - bring back the Browns - that people coordinated around. What 'goal' would an organization have regarding Lebron?
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby BruceK » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:37 pm

rk wrote:

BTW BFWWN had a goal - bring back the Browns - that people coordinated around. What 'goal' would an organization have regarding Lebron?

That he catch an STD from one of the Kardashian sisters?
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 pm

rk wrote:BTW BFWWN had a goal - bring back the Browns - that people coordinated around. What 'goal' would an organization have regarding Lebron?

That we're not entirely over it?

Personally I'd like to see Dan Gilbert lead a throng of fans there in Delonte West jerseys to just sit and stare along the bike route, but that's just me.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Time to check Ryan's papers.

If this event is allowed to go off without a major media black eye then the Tea Baggers are right.

I want my pro sports back.

If u can't see the BFWWN in the macro fan empowerment sesnse u are an idiot.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 am

Well, where should our anger be directed though?

You got LeBron, who just threw away any chance at being the face of the league and being a savior to his hometown area within minutes. (himself, I bet caring more about the former than the latter)

You got the other two who coordinated with said moron to pull off this stunt

You got Pat Riley and World Wide Wes (who really is a CANCER to sports, see how quickly his other failed project, AI, took a pretty bad tumble) who makes Richard Nixon seem like George Washington in terms of playing dirty

and then most of all, Stern turned a blind eye to all of this, and has presided over policies that allowed this to happen.

And what do we possibly aim to accomplish with such a thing? We got LeBron looking terrible, which was pretty much self-inflicted, but is it possible to have some real change going forward, meaning preventing the association to turn further into Rollerball?

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:50 am

Someone brought up a great point on 1350 AM yesterday. They think that James and the bike a thon will fly under the radar because on that same day you'll have:

The Pro Football HOF parade in Canton
The World Championships at Firestone w/ Tiger on the course.

Most media will be at those 2 events, especially with Tiger in town. Looks like LRMR actually looked at a calendar of events in the area and planned accordingly.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 am

Sign on the I-71
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Sign on the I-71

Broke. Got a dif link?
jb

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Maybe you're broke - I can see it.

But here's an article about it:

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_ ... ot-welcome
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby OffBase » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I would like to see a large number of people wearing Akron t-shirts carrying anti-LeBastard signs along the bike route.
OffBase
Serenity Now!

Favorite Player: The Cleveland Fans
Least Favorite Player: LeBastard

Unread postby rk » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:52 pm

jb wrote:If u can't see the BFWWN in the macro fan empowerment sesnse u are an idiot.

BFWWN was angry and wanted their team back. That anger was focused into that goal. The faxing campaigns, car tippings, and cross stealings were displays of that anger in the hope that it would get a result.

There's no 'result' we want here other than to whine. 'Wahhh. Lebron left us and dumped us on national TV. He's a jerk! Waaahhhh'. David Stern isn't going to reward our angst by forcing New Orleans to trade Paul to us or to force Melo to come to Cleveland in the offseason. He's not going to rescind Lebron's contract with Miami because he was colluding with other players. NOTHING is going to happen.

What made BFWWN exceptionally worthwhile was that there was a feeling that we -could- get the Browns back. That the NFL would listen to us. That by putting our passion and devotion for football on display we'd remind the NFL that NE Ohio is the heart of football and the one place where pro football should always be played.

Right now the majority of the US agrees with us that Lebron is a dick and that what he did should permanently damage his rep. Hell he was barely beaten out by A-Rod on a poll yesterday in the biggest ahole in sports right now and that's probably just because Rod hit his 600th taint this week. Making a spectacle at a charity event where Lebron is giving 400 bikes to kids isn't going to look good for us.

All it's going to do is make Lebron look like a more sympathetic figure. If people want to vent there's better ways to go about it.
rk

Unread postby tired » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:46 pm

If the asshole say's he's from Akron blah,blah,blah why does he own a home in Bath Ohio ? Wouldn't he be from Bath ?
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:24 am

tired wrote:If the asshole say's he's from Akron blah,blah,blah why does he own a home in Bath Ohio ? Wouldn't he be from Bath ?

bath is considered a suburb of akron. anyway, hadn't heard anything good or bad from out of the whole event yet??? anybody know how it went???
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Spin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 pm

He's FROM Akron, and IIRC Bath is a township and has an Akron address.

Sounds like it went off without a hitch, nothing but Bron lovers there. Either there was tight security, or all the Bron haters figured out he WANTS the pub, good and bad. And it's been a month. He's no longer worth the sweat on our balls to stand there and act stupid.

I think the networks were hoping for something to show. Fuckem.
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Spin wrote:He's FROM Akron, and IIRC Bath is a township and has an Akron address.

Sounds like it went off without a hitch, nothing but Bron lovers there. Either there was tight security, or all the Bron haters figured out he WANTS the pub, good and bad. And it's been a month. He's no longer worth the sweat on our balls to stand there and act stupid.

Mainly because everyone was either at the Browns Scrimmage, the Tribe game, Mid-ohio, or in Canton for the Hall of Fame festivities.

pretty busy week in ohio sports this weekend.

Triple-S

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:15 am

Triple-S wrote:
Spin wrote:He's FROM Akron, and IIRC Bath is a township and has an Akron address.

Mainly because everyone was either at the Browns Scrimmage, the Tribe game, Mid-ohio, or in Canton for the Hall of Fame festivities.

pretty busy week in ohio sports this weekend.

True. And the most telling aspect of the whole thing:

LeBron was about the 5th most important sports story in the Akron area that weekend.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby rk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Correct. It's Bath Township and while it's not technically associated with Akron the way some burbs are (ie. Fairlawn/Copley) people who live there or grew up there usually tell people they're from Akron. Before Bron the only reason anyone would have heard of Bath is from our favorite Revere alumni, Jeffrey Dahmer.

Well it was all over the Sunday ABJ and did get on ESPN but not having a reaction was the best way for us to avoid any negative press towards Cavs fans and minimal positive press for Bronbron.

My wife was there volunteering and said security was nuts. Cops biked next to Lebron, they patted people down plenty, Lebron had a lot of extra personal security, and of course they cut the bike ride short by limiting it to the kids getting new bikes rather than having an extended bike ride for the general public.

Lebron did vow his continued support for Akron charities, which frankly is a good thing, and he even bothered to mention Cleveland a couple times in his speech so MAYBE he's starting to realize he shouldn't be such a cunt to the Cleveland Cavs fans that supported him for years.
rk

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA