Text Size

The Neutral Zone

My Day Is Shot

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

My Day Is Shot

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:30 pm

This ruined any chance for a good day..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Arixr.g.maBQTrm73nixY2x7vLYF?slug=ap-redwings-modano

I like Mike, still my favorite player but dont think I can root for him while he is skating with that team. Really sucks.. time to update my profile.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: My Day Is Shot

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:39 pm

I know that the Stars are going in a different direction, but I don't like the way that they handled the situation.

But, he's from Michigan, so he gets to play at home now. Maybe he'll win a Cup that isn't tainted now.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I know that the Stars are going in a different direction, but I don't like the way that they handled the situation.

But, he's from Michigan, so he gets to play at home now. Maybe he'll win a Cup that isn't tainted now.

Had to go there didnt you, ST? Kick a man when he is down.. lol. Its all good. Up in Niagara Falls, NY a few yrs back this old woman came up and started yelling at me cause I was sporting a Modano jersey. Read me the riot act.. quite amusing.

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:01 pm

That whole situation made me a Sabres fan. I was going to Niagara Falls with my dad when the Sabres were having their parade and we were listening on the radio.

Then I got Empire back in like 2000. Sabres fan ever since. You know you're a Sabres fan when you actually like Rick Jeanneret.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 pm

skatingtripods wrote:That whole situation made me a Sabres fan. I was going to Niagara Falls with my dad when the Sabres were having their parade and we were listening on the radio.

Then I got Empire back in like 2000. Sabres fan ever since. You know you're a Sabres fan when you actually like Rick Jeanneret.

Out of the East, I too root for Buffalo. Just hard to keep up with Dallas, Columbus, and Buffalo. With Modano gone and really all the guys I grew up watching gone might just focus on Columbus and Buffalo.

I really enjoyed those Mogilny,Hawerchuk, and LaFontaine lines.. How did those teams not win anything? Mogilny was a fucking monster back then.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:10 am

At least it wasn't the fucking Hurricanes...
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:31 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:At least it wasn't the fucking Hurricanes...

Buffalo would have beaten them in the 06 ECF had it not been for the injuries that RAVAGED their defense.

The Sabres defense in Game 7 2006 ECF: Brian Campbell, Toni Lydman, Rory Fitzpatrick, Doug Janik, Nathan Paetsch, Jeff Jillson.

The Sabres defense in Game 1 2006 ECF: Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder, Jay McKee, Toni Lydman, Rory Fitzpatrick, Teppo Numminen.

Huge difference.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:At least it wasn't the fucking Hurricanes...

Buffalo would have beaten them in the 06 ECF had it not been for the injuries that RAVAGED their defense.

The Sabres defense in Game 7 2006 ECF: Brian Campbell, Toni Lydman, Rory Fitzpatrick, Doug Janik, Nathan Paetsch, Jeff Jillson.

The Sabres defense in Game 1 2006 ECF: Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder, Jay McKee, Toni Lydman, Rory Fitzpatrick, Teppo Numminen.

Huge difference.

I was definitely rooting for the Sabres to win the series, much like I was then rooting for the Oilers in the Cup Finals. Other than the Baltimore Ravens, there is no team in pro sports that I hate more than the Hurricanes.

Not that I'm a big NHL guy at this point, but it would be great if the Sabres could win something.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Return to The Neutral Zone