Text Size

The Gamblers Den

Online Poker

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

Online Poker

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:26 pm

Where do you play?

How do you rate the site?
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby 80sBoy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:46 pm

I don't play, but I would like to. I am afraid it would consume me and I would spend all of my free time and some of my not-free time.

To go on and play, what kind of time commitment is required. Is it always a tournament or can you just sit in and leave as you like?
80sBoy

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:46 pm

Definitely Sit N Go whenver you want. You can do anything from cash games to sit and go single and multitable tournies, or play the longer 300 type tournies.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby furls » Mon May 01, 2006 12:17 pm

I played on party poker.net. I did not like it. I soon found that there are people that posses the ability (i am not computer savvy so I do not) to "scan" the deck, at least in "non cash games."

This became painfully apparent when I was playing with a dude that was not very active (he never played hands), but he had amassed a huge chipstack. So picture this, you have a guy who plays very very very few hands but wins them 100% of the time (with the best hand). That is a bit suspicious, but I could attribute that to his "conservative play."

But I am serious, that guy won every single hand he played with 100% accuracy (no exaggeration) Believe me, i know there are bad beats, but playing when someone else can see your cards really isn't that fun.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Furls wrote:I played on party poker.net. I did not like it. I soon found that there are people that posses the ability (i am not computer savvy so I do not) to "scan" the deck, at least in "non cash games."

But I am serious, that guy won every single hand he played with 100% accuracy (no exaggeration) Believe me, i know there are bad beats, but playing when someone else can see your cards really isn't that fun.

Furls,

I saw an ad on the net advertising exactly what you are talking about. Supposedly, there is a program that allows you to see your opponents hole cards. It's very rare, but there have been times when I was suspicious of a player cheating.

I don't like Party Poker at all. Poker Stars is ok, but it takes forever to get a payout. Pokerroom.com is a great site. Gameplay is pretty legit. They certainly dont reward "donkeys" for calling every bet and catching shit on the river.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Return to The Gamblers Den