Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LBModell's letter to Akron

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

LBModell's letter to Akron

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 am

To My Family, Friends and Fans in Akron:

For all my life, I have lived in Akron — and for that, I am truly a lucky man.

It was here where I first learned how to play basketball, and where I met the people who would become my lifelong friends and mentors. Their guidance, encouragement and support will always be with me.

Akron is my home, and the central focus of my life. It's where I started, and it's where I will always come back to.

You can be sure that I will continue to do everything I can for this city, which is so important to my family and me. Thank you for your love and support. You mean everything to me.

LeBron

Hey LeBron.

as someone who was born in the same city, and has lived in the same area. "Go F--- Yourself". You're a selfish little prick that disgraced not only Cleveland on national television, BUT AKRON AND THE REST OF OHIO. You, just like Art Modell before you, are not allowed and claim this as "home", and are no longer welcome here. Go eat a semi-truck full of dicks

Akron Born and raised

SSS
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: LBModell's letter to Akron

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 am

LMAO. The moment I saw this non-story flash across the ESPN ticker, I knew SSS would be posting a thread about it. That's just too funny.

Who gives a shit at this point dude? Its over, give it up. He's got that bike-a-thon thingy soon, no? He'd just like to create some goodwill in Akron so he can show his face at that.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:55 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:He'd just like to create some goodwill in Akron so he can show his face at that.

Which is not going to happen.

Sure, he'll always have his homies and stuff, but the average joe in the 330 thinks he's a schmuck.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 pm

You can let him know how much he's not wanted on this date

Windhorst
PDcavsinsider #Cavs will host LeBron and Heat on Dec. 2. Game will be on TNT, sources say.

You forgot to add the photo from the letter. It shows a banner with the names of numerous companies that supported his bike a thon. Now you can boycott Suma Health, State Farm, Huntington, Arby's, etc.

He never thanked Cleveland at any point when he was here, did you expect him to do it now after all the venom that's been spewed this last month?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Once, when asked about buying a house for his mother, and he said,
"Ain't no good houses in Akron anyways. All the houses in Akron are too little."

http://mitchalbom.com/d/node/2300

Triple-S

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:You can let him know how much he's not wanted on this date

I'll call it now: He comes down with a case of the Boozer's on December 1st.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:

It's possible....

PDcavsinsider May not matter but #Cavs get Heat on back-to-back on Dec. 2 while CLE off night before. League helping as much as it can.
about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck
Reply Retweet

Maybe bron-bron's elbow flares up in the closing minutes of Dec 1st. We'll know if he shoots a lefty FT.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:56 pm

I wish we could have taken odds on who would be the one to post this story. Anyone that didn't expect this from Lebron obviously hasn't been watching the last month. I'm actually surprised it took this long. He's not even worth getting worked up over any more; he already admitted he's less than a man.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:

It's possible....

PDcavsinsider May not matter but #Cavs get Heat on back-to-back on Dec. 2 while CLE off night before. League helping as much as it can.
about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck
Reply Retweet

Maybe bron-bron's elbow flares up in the closing minutes of Dec 1st. We'll know if he shoots a lefty FT.

Personally, I think the chance of him coming and going for 60/13 and 8 is as high as him not playing. :hide:

Then I can see him waving to the cavaliers owner's box.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Could you honestly see LBJ thanking Cleveland? Ummmmm, no. Given his handling of the whole fiasco and couple it with the meltdown reactions and it ain't coming anytime soon.

Those of you who think he's going to skip coming to Cleveland, you are wiggity wiggity wiggity wacked. Dude is going to go off in a big way. That's the kind of stuff he's going to feed off, all year long.

After reading some of the diatribes against (and make no mistake I don't like him) LBJ, he is arguably one of the best in the game and that's not changing anytime soon.

December 2 will be must-see TV.

It wouldn't shock me for LBJ to put a letter in the Plain Dealer that says.....
Dear Cleveland :fu: See you soon. :lmfao:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Personally, I don't want an apology from the bastard. I have a reservoir of rational and irrational hate after what happened and I still need a target to vent it toward. No way he feels an once of genuine contrition anyway, but even a rote Tiger sorry-fest would help his image around the country a little bit. The best thing is for the shit to keep piling up on his paper crown.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby Squints » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Put me in the camp that Lebron gets permission to go off on the Cavs 12/2/10.

However, if I am Andy, JJ or any other stiff that gets sent out there next year, I plant my elbow squarely in that little bitch's face the first time he drives the lane. NBA code or no code.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:44 pm

There is not a single person on this team, hell 95% of the league, that has the balls to hard foul that prick.

IMHO Miami is a pretty freaking soft team, but the NBA as a whole is soft.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Orenthal wrote:There is not a single person on this team, hell 95% of the league, that has the balls to hard foul that prick.

Yup. No Mo Lucas' hangin' around anymore.

It'll be hugs and handjobs between Lebron and his exes on the floor that night.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 pm

fundamentals wrote:Those of you who think he's going to skip coming to Cleveland, you are wiggity wiggity wiggity wacked. Dude is going to go off in a big way. That's the kind of stuff he's going to feed off, all year long.

It'll be hard to drive the lane with all the beer cups lying there.

Though, you might be right. I imagine it'd also be a perfect day for 'Free Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan Jersey Day'. Y'know, in honor of the guys who know what exactly to feed off of and when.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:31 pm

It'll be hard to drive the lane with all the beer cups lying there.

Though, you might be right. I imagine it'd also be a perfect day for 'Free Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan Jersey Day'. Y'know, in honor of the guys who know what exactly to feed off of and when.

I hope he has career lows in every category and has to chew every fingernail off his hand in his old builidng. But my spidey senses already are tingling with the thought he has the game of his lifetime. :hide:

The venom towards him is real and you also have to think that Mista Gilbert will have some sort of crazy promotion that night, which makes for an entertaining evening. :pop:

But, let's face it, 12-2-2010 be the first sellout crowd of the year at the Q. I just see him destroying them by himself that night, wouldn't shock me to see him put up 80. And there will be people there supporting him in Miami gear, book it.

Now that I have thought about it a bit more, the crowd at the Q barely wanted to boo MeBron as to not hurt his feelings in the playoffs. I would think a better effort to make him uncomfortable might have to take place. :group:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby OffBase » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:32 pm

fundamentals wrote:The venom towards him is real and you also have to think that Mista Gilbert will have some sort of crazy promotion that night, which makes for an entertaining evening. :pop:

Ten-cent beer night!
OffBase
Serenity Now!

Favorite Player: The Cleveland Fans
Least Favorite Player: LeBastard

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 am

I am outta town, so I haven't seen the hard copy. But if you download the ad at
http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/99844784.html
then you will see it is missing the first few letter Fs. It reads:

To My amily, riends and ans in Akron:
or all of my life ...

My thoughts exactly, LBJ. Get the F outta here!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 am

I'm interested to see his pre game presser.
"LeBron is very humbled to be back in NEO. It was nice to be able to visit my barber in the old hood when I should've been at shoot around. Eric had no choice but to let me do what I wanted."

" It's strange coming here to the visitors locker room. I don't have 2 lockers to myself and for some reason the towel boy was carrying a bottle of liquid heat around my uniform."

" Do I worry about the reaction I'll get? No, these fans had the priveledge of watching me for 7 years, add to the fact that I only had 3 bad games in that span, they'd have to be crazy to boo me."

" They need to understand I had to do what's best for LeBron James and the LBJ brand. Uh, oh, and for my family. Savannah and the kids are enjoying living here while I'm out in South Beach picking up ho's...err...playing for that ring I need."

"Dan Gilbert and the Cavs dug their own grave. I asked for better personel to play with and win a cahmpionship but all they could do was get re-treads next to me. Sure I could've told FA's I was staying but once I left, those guys would hate me and I need for everyone to worshi...err..love me."

Craig Sager has the balls to wear the worst clothes out there. Does he have the balls to interview LBJ courtside at halftime?
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby papacass » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:" Do I worry about the reaction I'll get? No, these fans had the priveledge of watching me for 7 years, add to the fact that I only had 3 bad games in that span, they'd have to be crazy to boo me."

" They need to understand I had to do what's best for LeBron James and the LBJ brand. Uh, oh, and for my family. Savannah and the kids are enjoying living here while I'm out in South Beach picking up ho's...err...playing for that ring I need."

"Dan Gilbert and the Cavs dug their own grave. I asked for better personel to play with and win a cahmpionship but all they could do was get re-treads next to me. Sure I could've told FA's I was staying but once I left, those guys would hate me and I need for everyone to worshi...err..love me."

Craig Sager has the balls to wear the worst clothes out there. Does he have the balls to interview LBJ courtside at halftime?

I think you might be giving LBJ too much credit for being able to convert his feelings and thoughts into descriptive speech.

It's probably going to be more like "Yeah, ya always know I got my love for the 330. Akron's my life. I ain't got no thoughts on the Cavs, Cleveland, nothing. Had me a time there for seven years. Fans gonna do what they gonna do, though. They wanna boo, I can't stop it. My job's to win championships for the Miami Heat. That's all I think about."
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Hows gilbert going to handle security for this?

I mean, I can just see this escalating rather quickly into the Pacers/Pistons 04, or them having to call the game and play in front of nobody for like 2-3 quarters

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:58 pm

^^ I'm sure the city or the Cavs will offer OT to Cleveland police to work this game and the NBA Security office will involved. Stern wants nothing to happen to his golden child and cash cow team.

Weeks before it happens, the Cavs organization will send out email blasts/public "letters" reminding fans attending that they represent Cleveland and anything negative they do (storm the court, throw shit) will reflect negatively on the area. Gilbert will remind people that Clevelanders are above what James has done and ask that everyone keep it relatively civil. Booing and anti-LBJ signs will be welcomed. I'm sure a zero tolerance for overblown acts will be enforced. The last thing Gilbert wants is for his organization and fan base to come out foolish on a nationally televised game. Now thinking about it, courtside interviews w/ Heat players or coaches will probably be done in the tunnel and not on the court. I'll bet the walkway to the locker room will be covered all the way to the court when the Heat walk to and from the locker room.

Maybe Gilbert will also plan on doing a "fan appreciation" type of promotion where the fan will be rewarded for their loyalty. The organization is going to promote something positive that evening, hoping to curtail the negative energy that will engulf the arena.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

papacass wrote:I think you might be giving LBJ too much credit for being able to convert his feelings and thoughts into descriptive speech.

It's probably going to be more like "Yeah, ya always know I got my love for the 330. Akron's my life. I ain't got no thoughts on the Cavs, Cleveland, nothing. Had me a time there for seven years. Fans gonna do what they gonna do, though. They wanna boo, I can't stop it. My job's to win championships for the Miami Heat. That's all I think about."

You're right, mine came off as Obama/teleprompter-like.

Gave the kid too much credit, but haven't we all this past decade?
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:42 pm

None of us can be surprised with LBJ leaving Cleveland out of the love-note. He clearly left out the town of Cleveland when he accepted the MVP trophy in the city of Akron the past two years... both in where he accepted the trophy and in his acceptance speech.

The more I look back, the more I realize this dude knew he wasn't coming back. None of us wanted to see the obvious, though.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:27 am

OldDawg wrote:None of us can be surprised with LBJ leaving Cleveland out of the love-note. He clearly left out the town of Cleveland when he accepted the MVP trophy in the city of Akron the past two years... both in where he accepted the trophy and in his acceptance speech.

The more I look back, the more I realize this dude knew he wasn't coming back. None of us wanted to see the obvious, though.

From The Sportspickle.com

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:112 ... r-to-akron
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm

I'll call it now: He drops 70 on the zombie cavs on December 2nd.

Fixed that for yah Doug.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Orenthal wrote:There is not a single person on this team, hell 95% of the league, that has the balls to hard foul that prick.

Yup. No Mo Lucas' hangin' around anymore.

It'll be hugs and handjobs between Lebron and his exes on the floor that night.

+ 1

I'd even stomp on Z's foot.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA