Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Now even HE realizes

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:24 pm

http://deadspin.com/5598719/

what an ego-centric, self-centered douche.

amazing, a truly great player, first of all would have never pulled this shit a couple weeks ago, and would have stayed in cleveland and worked his ass off in the offseason. Not hosting parties in his honor.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:02 pm

So a millionaire athlete gets girls, drinks, and parties? You think he wasnt always doing this? How do you perceive any slight towards Cleveland in that?
User avatar
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: Brooklyn
Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:37 pm

There are several notable aspects to this piece:

1) The Carter dancing like Puffy on Biggie is about as perfect a line/explanation of Carter as is possible

2) The running around like a little kid playing fake basketball through casinos is kind of hilariously awkward

3) Big Baby's reaction is at least a 12 on a scale of 1 - 10

4) Running around w/ his own theme song? BAHAHAHA....

5) This would have been a non-story (just like the Jordan Crawford dunk) had his people not stepped up and had it yanked down, but we now have example #2 (beyond the hiring of Jim Gray and entire Decision thing) of LBJ hiding behind a smoke screen of crappy PR protection that just back-fires and makes him look like much more of a tool. The crap ESPN is claiming about it never being supposed to be published is complete hogwash, as the Bing cache shows that it was posted at 2 something AM and last edited at 9:40AM, so ESPN not only published the story HOURS before pulling it down, but they also edited it.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Eh. ESPN is a joke at this point.

BTW: wtf is a dougie?
User avatar
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: Brooklyn
Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Seems like Odom played along for a second, yet realized he is dealing with LeDouche. James fits right in with the typical Vegas party crowd.

Story probably got to close to Tiger Woods territory.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:48 pm

ESPN couldn't have guaranteed that the story get nearly as much attention as it is except by pulling it. If they post it and just leave it there, no one really pays it much attention. It's all part of their master plan.

Genius.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Doc » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 pm

The Puffy/Maverick Carter thing is perfect.

I guess I don't care about this story/others like it. He's 25, and if I had his kind of money, I'd probably have big parties in Vegas as well. And I certainly can't imagine this is some new thing just because he signed in Miami. But, I hope for his sake that he's smarter than the Tiger's and Roethlisberger's and what not. It's a slippery slope, especially for someone with limitless money, a huge name, and a "rules don't apply to me" attitude.
Doc
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:04 pm

I hope he gets rolled and shanked in the bathroom of the Rhino.

Other than that aside, I think the article was so poorly planned, executed and written that they took it down out of shame.

He's doing nothing 25 yr old multi-millionaires don't do anywhere. I did notice that when they documented his shadow ballin' moves as he rolled through the casino there wasn't one when he posted up a statue and made a move to the rim though.

Today is the one day I can think of where I'd trade LBJ for Lorenzen Wright. Eff him.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:52 pm

So word is, some DJ from some canton radio station went up to him and said something to the effect of "Akron still loves you man"..LeBron's response was to give him the middle finger.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:21 am

Triple-S wrote:So word is, some DJ from some canton radio station went up to him and said something to the effect of "Akron still loves you man"..LeBron's response was to give him the middle finger.


Word from where?

I'm sure that's how he feels, but I can make up a story where LeBron takes a shit on the Liberty Bell too.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 am

Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:So word is, some DJ from some canton radio station went up to him and said something to the effect of "Akron still loves you man"..LeBron's response was to give him the middle finger.


Word from where?

I'm sure that's how he feels, but I can make up a story where LeBron takes a shit on the Liberty Bell too.


Chuck Galleti relayed the info. on his STO show, I was watching because I had taped the Eric Mangini special.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 am

Triple-S wrote:
amazing, a truly great player, first of all would have never pulled this shit a couple weeks ago, and would have stayed in cleveland and worked his ass off in the offseason. Not hosting parties in his honor.


If he signed a max deal in Cleveland he'd still be hanging out in Vegas doing this exact thing. He's been doing this exact thing throughout his 7 years in the league, sometimes during the season. Other than a few stories, like the ones of him taking Jent w/ him as he toured the world, I've never heard of James working his ass off in the off season, especially when he was THE MAN on the team. Now that he has 2 other players to shoulder the load, I really don't expect him to work that hard to improve any aspect of his game.

Fox 8 news and 19 news has stories on the whole "bird" picture. Dude was smiling as he did it and the way it was blurred out, you couldn't tell if that's what he did or not. I haven't seen an unedited photo so I could be wrong.

Somewhere Kobe is smiling as he does his rehab on his knee, just waiting to get back on the court.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:54 am

Story Highlights
LeBron's decision to join the Heat made my decision to hate them an easy one
It wasn't just his decision, but the afterparties, the welcoming celebrations
The large number of sudden Heat fans is astounding ... and, well, sickening


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/more/07/20/heat.feature/index.html?eref=sihp
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 am

e0y2e3 wrote:There are several notable aspects to this piece:

1) The Carter dancing like Puffy on Biggie is about as perfect a line/explanation of Carter as is possible

2) The running around like a little kid playing fake basketball through casinos is kind of hilariously awkward

3) Big Baby's reaction is at least a 12 on a scale of 1 - 10

4) Running around w/ his own theme song? BAHAHAHA....

5) This would have been a non-story (just like the Jordan Crawford dunk) had his people not stepped up and had it yanked down, but we now have example #2 (beyond the hiring of Jim Gray and entire Decision thing) of LBJ hiding behind a smoke screen of crappy PR protection that just back-fires and makes him look like much more of a tool. The crap ESPN is claiming about it never being supposed to be published is complete hogwash, as the Bing cache shows that it was posted at 2 something AM and last edited at 9:40AM, so ESPN not only published the story HOURS before pulling it down, but they also edited it.


6. Lebron is still best buddies with Damon Jones. If I knew nothing else about Lebron, that would tell me all I needed to know about his judgment.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:28 am

I am just glad his elbow is feeling much better. :lmfao:

It's hilarious to see people pile on the guy now. He's the same doofus he's always been, just wearing the jersey of an opposing team.

Dear LBJ---- :tool:

Judge Ito sidebar here but Off Topic:
saw a guy burning a LBJ jersey recently and still can't figure out which is worse, people who now have given up their LBJ idolatry and are becoming arsonists or allowing themselves to cheer for such a self-centered wiener

A wiseman once told me that you can put a bowtie on a turd, but it's still a turd. :clap:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Now even HE realizes

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:58 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:6. Lebron is still best buddies with Damon Jones. If I knew nothing else about Lebron, that would tell me all I needed to know about his judgment.


Amon's just angling for a starting PG gig with the Heat.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests