Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Energy drinks?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Energy drinks?

Unread postby mswerb » Mon May 14, 2007 9:22 pm

I do a lot of driving for work, and I am not a coffee drinker and have recently started the whole Red Bull thing. Usually one in the morning, between 7 and 8 a.m., and MAYBE one towards the end of the day. I like Red Bull, and just tried Amp, which is made by the makers of Mountain Dew. Amp is better tasting if you ask me. Anyone else find themselves tipping back any of the energy drinks out there?
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby intenso » Mon May 14, 2007 11:07 pm

I try to stay away from them b/c of all the sugar but I think Nos is the best tasting that I have tried.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2007 6:24 am

I think they are all nasty, unless they are mixed with booze.

Re: Energy drinks?

Unread postby brucestratus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 am

I drank a COmotion today after my run. After stretching, I was revitalized and almost felt like going for another workout. Because of the adaptagens, I feel like this may be more of a restorative energy drink. I wouldn't say this product is formulated to work the way that Monster or Red Bull work. I've been reading some Marxist propaganda that indicates I should revitalize my body with simple carbohydrates after I've exercised.
brucestratus

Favorite Player: jftgj
Least Favorite Player: fy,kh,

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 am

I drink a Monster every morning on the way to work. Not because I think it is the best, it is the only one that Costco sells by the case. Red Bull is actually fairly lame when it comes to caffeine content. It might be the same caffeine per ounce but you only get 8 oz vs. 16 in most other drinks so it is about half the jolt. I usually go sugar free or low carb. Monster low carb is only 20 calories per can.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 am

I like to roll on the other side of the equation with my boy Jamarcus.

"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Used to drink the Monster Juiced all the time. Then I started getting all kinds of headaches and shit and stopped drinking them... I think as a guy with a Type A personality they just weren't a good idea. I was totally going nuts.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Squints » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:23 pm

The only energy drink that I have consumed is 5 Hour Energy. I have never had any side affects or the "crash" later, I did not feel any jitters or the like. But I do tend to drop touchdown passes after I drink it.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:45 pm

brucestratus wrote:I drank a COmotion today after my run. After stretching, I was revitalized and almost felt like going for another workout. Because of the adaptagens, I feel like this may be more of a restorative energy drink. I wouldn't say this product is formulated to work the way that Monster or Red Bull work. I've been reading some Marxist propaganda that indicates I should revitalize my body with simple carbohydrates after I've exercised.

This post is effing amazing.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:00 pm

lol @ Robitussin.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I stay away from energy drinks as much as possible because of the sugar.

I tried "no sugar" and "no carb" energy drinks. That screwed me up 10 times as bad as diet soda. I had an aftertaste three meals later.

I don't notice the taste difference enough to be picky, the $1 per double-sized can Wal Mart stuff is just as strong tasting and packs as much wallop as the name brands.

I stick with coffee as much as possible. If it's hot, iced tea or in an emergency Mountain Dew. I haven't tried the 5 hour drink yet...
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:38 pm

5 hour energy is the one. Don't know how, but it actually works without the crash later.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby waborat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:04 pm

mattvan1 wrote:5 hour energy is the one. Don't know how, but it actually works without the crash later.

Yes, (legal) liquid drugs :thumb up:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:32 pm

I should have mentioned that I never drink coffee so that caffine intake was probably not healthy for my virgin brain. I'll stick to Iced Tea and Mountain Dew.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 pm

waborat wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:5 hour energy is the one. Don't know how, but it actually works without the crash later.

Yes, (legal) liquid drugs :thumb up:

I have never taken drugs but imagine uppers are like that 5 hr energy. One of those little bottles and I was shaking like I was totally cracked out. It gave me energy though as I thought about just towing the car home on my back.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Squints » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:31 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ha! I drink it infrequently, the most caffeine I have in a day is 1 can of Diet Coke or Coke Zero, no coffee. The last time I drank a 5 hour energy was a few months ago at work after a night of newborn baby/not sleeping blues, I was so productive that I left work an hour early because I got all of my stuff done.

Wouldn't want to get addicted to it, but it definitely comes in handy.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry