Text Size

The 19th Hole

The Open

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

The Open

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:49 am

Incredible conditions today produce lots of low scores. I don't remember a British with this many people under par. I'm sure it'll change throughout the week and we'll see a slew of 75s and 76s, but for today, no rain and a tolerable wind.

McIlroy the leader so far at -9. Westwood's at -5 through 11. Tiger's in the clubhouse at -5.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: The Open

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 am

No wind at all this morning ... starting to pick up now though. Phil struggling as always ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Long John at -6. Hang in there big dog, glory must return for the man in paisley pants.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:00 pm

i am always amazed at my absolute suckitude just wearing off on people at the most inopportune times. case in point - this morning i turned on the british open right when tiger woods was getting ready to tee off on 17. at the time, tiger was at -6 under and coming off a string of 2 pars after 3 straight birdies. the announcer said something about tiger needing a big drive and sure enough, he ripped off a really long one on 17. it was a very nice drive at first, getting some good bounces which caused it to travel probably well in excess of 400+ yards, only to see it end up in something the announcer called "the valley of sin" right in front of the green. it was actually a part of the green, but it was in a large valley with a huge rolling mound of green leading up to the hole. tiger proceeeded to bogey the hole and then he missed a short putt for birdie on 18 then as well and had to settle for just a par on the 18th hole. i swear i can be such a "bernie lootz" to people sometimes - http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0014917/
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Today's more like it minus the lack of rain. Play suspended due to high winds for an hour. Quite a few guys struggling to have makable par putts.

Can't wait to see how Oosthuizen pisses away his five shot lead.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 pm

I hate this tournament, from the crappy conditions, to the over played traditional angle (yeah we get it you're all British, Scottish or Irish) to the awful yet uncontrollable fact that it takes place while half of us are in bed.

All that said I love when Tiger wins this open, Robin Williams said it best "how did he get so good, we wouldn't even let him play".
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:39 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Today's more like it minus the lack of rain. Play suspended due to high winds for an hour. Quite a few guys struggling to have makable par putts.

Can't wait to see how Oosthuizen pisses away his five shot lead.

I thought he would blow the tourney but what a performance by "Shrek" :thud:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to The 19th Hole