Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

2010 Rumor Mongering thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: 2010 Rumor Mongering thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Rich, don't push me to discredit Amico in about 10K ways, including the Miami thing.

Guy is a fraud, biggest ever and, frankly, should not be featured on a site that is supposed to be about fan writing. He's a professional that lies, degrees of separation and such.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:38 pm

PS: would WFNY (who is crushing all Cleveland Sports talk sites in hits right now and I personally dislike) feature a fraud like Amico?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Rich, don't push me to discredit Amico in about 10K ways, including the Miami thing.

Guy is a fraud, biggest ever and, frankly, should not be featured on a site that is supposed to be about fan writing. He's a professional that lies, degrees of separation and such.

Biggest closet Amico fan out there. ;-) ;) :wink:

Sam is a good dude. To know him is to like him. Hes had a couple instances where sources have burned him, but he is pretty well connected ... and its not like hes writing 3-4 columns a week for us.

You're right, he doesn't really fit our normal writer profile. But I can live with it for the above reasons.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I get that Rich, but he sources like Screamin does. Guy throws shit at the wall and hopes it sticks. This isn't a "couple of times" thing. This is a weekly occurrence, we can go back to last week, the week before, the trade deadline, etc.

I get why you source him, but you are feeding a white and quiet Screamin.

I can start a site tomorrow and start tea leaf reading and throwing shit at the wall. If I miss 10K times and hit maybe once will I get a spot here?

Honestly, my issues w/ the guy have nothing to do w/ this site. He is harmless here, it has to do w/ him somehow making money being the biggest fraud ever. I would rather Peeker go Amico, at least it would be funny.

He continues to slip between the cracks of the criticism he deserves because he only covers the Cavs and Windy dominates where the national people look. Behind Windy is the WFNY kids (who, again, annoy me). No one outside of his circle really read him and it's annoying.

I hate watching C-town support a giant fraud (and you know as well as I do, he gives up for your site for a reason)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:49 pm

And yeah, I get you on the wink, no issues there. Your writers are awesome at what they do. You have three of my favorite C-town sports fan writers of all time writing for you. I just hate the fact that he gets paid for lying. Taking it out on you when it should be taken out of the morons that support him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:PS: would WFNY (who is crushing all Cleveland Sports talk sites in hits right now and I personally dislike) feature a fraud like Amico?

Who knows. Who cares. They have writers I wouldn't add to my team. A couple others who we let go. It is good people running that site though.

If all I cared about was hits, there's a lot of things I could to add them. I don't want our front page to be bloggie and have tons of shorter more frequently run columns with comments underneath. Also, our traffic is more up and down based on how many people are watching STO and how often they are promoting the web, both of which have been non existent the past few months.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:52 pm

I apologize in advance for posting a highlight mix, but it just so happens that I have a guilty love for that Akon song too...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:56 pm

swerb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:PS: would WFNY (who is crushing all Cleveland Sports talk sites in hits right now and I personally dislike) feature a fraud like Amico?

Who knows. Who cares. They have writers I wouldn't add to my team. A couple others who we let go. It is good people running that site though.

If all I cared about was hits, there's a lot of things I could to add them. I don't want our front page to be bloggie and have tons of shorter more frequently run columns with comments underneath. Also, our traffic is more up and down based on how many people are watching STO and how often they are promoting the web, both of which have been non existent the past few months.

I reached out to you on my last post, coming at you when I shouldn't. Just genuinely hate what the guy does to covering the NBA. Shouldn't be aimed at you, but as someone who defends 99.9% of the NBA guys out there and even reads the same college football blogs as you, it kills me to see him cited anywhere.

Not your cross to bear, just a tough issue for me. Defending those who cover my favorite sport daily gets hard because of guys like him and him basing himself in NEOhio and making his disgrace there just kills me. So many people (including people that write for you) deserve what that fuck has and he earned it by tossing shit at a wall. I just want the talent to get paid at home and he isn't the talent.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
swerb wrote:

I reached out to you on my last post, coming at you when I shouldn't. Just genuinely hate what the guy does to covering the NBA. Shouldn't be aimed at you, but as someone who defends 99.9% of the NBA guys out there and even reads the same college football blogs as you, it kills me to see him cited anywhere.

Not your cross to bear, just a tough issue for me. Defending those who cover my favorite sport daily gets hard because of guys like him and him basing himself in NEOhio and making his disgrace there just kills me. So many people (including people that write for you) deserve what that fuck has and he earned it by tossing shit at a wall. I just want the talent to get paid at home and he isn't the talent.

All good. Just sent ya a PM.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:30 pm

I'll duck from e0y here after this one, but Amico threw out Greg Oden's name earlier. Given what isn't invested in winning this year, if he's available at all on the cheap, you have to draft him and hope he stays healthy long enough to log some minutes and show if he's learned anything at all.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:32 pm

And AJunior threw out Oden's name three months ago.

That's my thing about Amic, he just throws names out there that make sense.

I'm all for Oden is he's actually available, but I highly doubt he is. The change of command in Portland makes the give up more likely, but considering how well he was showing last year I trust that they are going to give it at least another year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 pm

CP wrote:I'll duck from e0y here after this one, but Amico threw out Greg Oden's name earlier. Given what isn't invested in winning this year, if he's available at all on the cheap, you have to draft him and hope he stays healthy long enough to log some minutes and show if he's learned anything at all.

No way Portland lets him go before his rookie contract runs out.

(unless they're completely overwhelmed by a deal...which also has no chance)
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:35 pm

I'd be tempted to pull a Shapiro and bring in McGrady on a 1 yr deal, let him score his points on a bad team and hope a playoff team gets a need for a scorer off the bench for a stretch run...
CP

Unread postby SDM » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Can't remember the last time LeBron met a player at the airport that his team was trying to recruit.
SDM

Favorite Player: Delonte West
Least Favorite Player: Bruce Lee Bowen

Unread postby CP » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:03 am

Hey, Brian: Would the Cavs consider signing Allen Iverson? -- Joe Corbin, Dublin

Hey, Joe: I would say there's a 0.0000000001 percent chance.

CP

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 am

If I had to give up on one of my Big Three it would be AI. Give me Shaq and T-Mac...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:54 pm

I am so confused by the Suns roster right now.

Honestly cannot make heads or tails of it. Going to be deep, athletic and strange.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Honestly cannot make heads or tails of it. Going to be deep, athletic and strange.

twss

Also, apparently CP3 went all Lebron in a wedding toast at Carmelo's wedding reception this weekend talking about how he and Melo would join Amare in NYC to form their "big 3". As much as I have always respected his game, he just can't pass up an opportunity to whine and bitch in public. Sure the organization is mediocre, just grit your teeth for another 2 years and stop acting like a bitch. :gah:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 am

Marvin Williams??

The Hawks, who are still trying to find a center in free agency, might consider a sign-and-trade deal for Shaquille O'Neal, sending forward Marvin Williams to the Cavaliers.
The deal would seem to make sense as the Cavs are pursuing Williams and the Hawks would like to have Shaq, not only to play center, but sell some tickets. The Hawks are also said to be in pursuit of Brad Miller, and will look at guys like Kurt Thomas and Kwame Brown. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Rotoworld
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Ugh. Marv is horrendous.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

No, he's a very good role player (read #4 option) on a playoff team that may grow some more in Scott's run and gun.

That said, trading both him and Childress makes less then zero sense for the Hawks. I mean, who is their long athletic defender to put at the three if they deal him?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Okay, if you look at Williams contract I guess dumping him makes more sense (although then why did the make Joe Johnson the most overpaid player in NBA history, if they weren't going to pay to win).

Either way, no thanks at $7.5MM per year for 4 more years. No need to commit to anything like at at this point. Less years or less money and I'd like M-Will much better.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA