Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Will LBJ speak?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Will LBJ speak?

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

I apologize in advance if the topic was already started. My computer is working quite slowly and has been difficult to get pages loaded properly, so anyways.........

Will we ever get an explanation as to what in the world happened during the Bulls and Celtics' series? What ever happened to the elbow problem? I was hoping that Windhorst would wax poetic on the items and maybe he will, anyone else interested?
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Will LBJ speak?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

I'd bet over the next three or four months there will be enough unattributed leaks to sink a battleship.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:24 pm

I think all kinds of shit is gonna come out this summer.

As far as LeBron goes, I don't see him addressing any of it. He's a coward. If he didn;t even have the balls to talk to Gilbert through the FA process, or after he made his decision, I'm not holding my breath to get any explanations of any sort on any tough questions/issues.

One thing I can take solace in today is that I know LeBron is very insecure, and though he'd never admit it, he reads all the shit people write and say about him. He's so effing dumb, he had no clue how badly all this would make him look. And he's probably in shock reading all the negative press today. Effin idiot.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby CP » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm

James will go on the 60 minutes circuit at some point, get some softballs, etc.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Jim Grey was a complete dooshnozzle to Pete. I thought he might ask a question. Wrong.

Chad Curtis scarred him.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 pm

swerb wrote:I think all kinds of shit is gonna come out this summer.

As far as LeBron goes, I don't see him addressing any of it. He's a coward. If he didn;t even have the balls to talk to Gilbert through the FA process, or after he made his decision, I'm not holding my breath to get any explanations of any sort on any tough questions/issues.

One thing I can take solace in today is that I know LeBron is very insecure, and though he'd never admit it, he reads all the shit people write and say about him. He's so effing dumb, he had no clue how badly all this would make him look. And he's probably in shock reading all the negative press today. Effin idiot.

He ain't reading shit. He's letting his marketing idiots continue to run his Twitter account (all posts are from Akron and most have been made while he was at camps) and boozing it up in the Villas he rented in South Beach.

The King doesn't have to read the press, they all will fall into line. Trust he's that arrogant.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

jb wrote:Jim Grey was a complete dooshnozzle to Pete. I thought he might ask a question. Wrong.

Chad Curtis scarred him.

No, as I posted earlier, he was paid by James camp, not ESPN. He read a script and collected his dollar like the faded memory of a sportscaster that still has a mortgage he is.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Know what's ironic?

Kid grew up homeless.

Now he's homeless no matter how rich and famous he is. Think he'll get it?

"He who troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind."
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jb wrote:Jim Grey was a complete dooshnozzle to Pete. I thought he might ask a question. Wrong.

Chad Curtis scarred him.

No, as I posted earlier, he was paid by James camp, not ESPN. He read a script and collected his dollar like the faded memory of a sportscaster that still has a mortgage he is.

Yes. I posted this earlier in response to eye:
Erie Warrior wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:No clue where to put this, but that gutless fuçk paid Jim Grey on his own.

CNBC just broke that Grey was brought in and paid by LBJ, not ESPN.

It just keeps getting better. Pay off a guy to toss you softballs, and you strikeout looking. In 16 hours, everything this guy touches turns to shit. Even the B&G Club looks bad in this. Amazing.

I just wanted one series of questions:

"LeBron, how do you explain your performance in the Boston series? Don't you think that if you had played nearly up to par the Cavs team that Gilbert/Ferry had assembled would have won you your cherished ring? And then you wouldn't have to blame the Cavs franchise which had done its job, only to not have you do yours. And then you wouldn't have to go chasing rings elsewhere?"

No wonder he paid for the interviewer. Just one more spineless, gutless move.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:34 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
swerb wrote:I think all kinds of shit is gonna come out this summer.

He ain't reading shit. He's letting his marketing idiots continue to run his Twitter account (all posts are from Akron and most have been made while he was at camps) and boozing it up in the Villas he rented in South Beach.

The King doesn't have to read the press, they all will fall into line. Trust he's that arrogant.

Not that it's happened very much these past 7 years in Cleveland with this media kissing his ass ... but believe me, LeBron is very aware (even if hes not reading it himself) of critical things that are said or written about him in the media. Almost every time someone big in the media is critical of him ... he's mentioned it or eluded to it in post game pressers.

Dude is very insecure. Why he's so obsessed with getting a title at all costs, even in this cheap fashion.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby CP » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:35 pm

FYI Joe Tait was interviewed on Sirius radio today and said that James spoke nary a word to him for the entirety of his stay in Cleveland. Not one "hello".
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:35 pm

I hope you are right. I just don't know that a guy that pulls off what he pulled off over the past couple of months has any self awareness left. Really feels like he drank so much of his own Kool-Aid he forgot it was just Kool-Aid.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:45 pm

CP wrote:FYI Joe Tait was interviewed on Sirius radio today and said that James spoke nary a word to him for the entirety of his stay in Cleveland. Not one "hello".

Probably didn't shake hands with anyone either. :lmfao:

Windhorst alluded to the left hand free throw in the Chicago series as the first "tipping point" that James was leaving but it seems nobody was going to ask LBJ about the turd he left in the pool, hoping it would be a Baby Ruth. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I hope you are right. I just don't know that a guy that pulls off what he pulled off over the past couple of months has any self awareness left. Really feels like he drank so much of his own Kool-Aid he forgot it was just Kool-Aid.

That's the feeling I got watching that debacle last night. Dude has no idea what people are thinking about him right now. From the beginning, when I still thought he was going to come back, and Gray was asking him what he thought of the free agent process.

He was saying things to the effect of "it was everything I could dream of and more" or some such shit. Like it was such a wonderful experience for everyone and we all loved him so much and just couldn't wait to see what wonderful decision he had made. The guy seemed to have no idea that people were already turning on him, no matter what his decision was.

I think he's clueless.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I think it's two separate issues.

Clearly ... LeBron horrifically miscalculated how poorly "The Decision" would come off. I think it was two parts just plain old ignorance, two parts the fact that he had kinda gone into a bunker to make this decision and wasn't leaning as heavily on his circle of advisors (who have managed him generally well pre-Decision), and one part just plain old arrogance and people and teams sucking him off these past two weeks.

It was a colossal miscalculation.

Separate issue - I am 100% convinced LeBron does get genuinely bothered by criticism from the national media and is surprised and bothered by the outlash today, some of which is coming from guys he respects and likes. The last two post-seasons were the heaviest doses of this. First not shaking hands after the Magic loss, and then this year when he quit on the team. I think that criticism, and all the subsequent whispers about his lack of rings seven years in was the clear #1 driver in his "I gotta get a ring at all costs, right now" mentality that led to his decision to go play in Miami.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:09 pm

swerb wrote:I think it's two separate issues.

Clearly ... LeBron horrifically miscalculated how poorly "The Decision" would come off. I think it was two parts just plain old ignorance, two parts the fact that he had kinda gone into a bunker to make this decision and wasn't leaning as heavily on his circle of advisors (who have managed him generally well pre-Decision), and one part just plain old arrogance and people and teams sucking him off these past two weeks.

Separate issue - I am 100% convinced LeBron does get genuinely bothered by criticism from the national media and is surprised and bothered by the outlash today, some of which is coming from guys he respects and likes. The last two post-seasons were the heaviest doses of this. First not shaking hands after the Magic loss, and then this year when he quit on the team. I think that criticism, and all the subsequent whispers about his lack of rings seven years in was the clear #1 driver in his "I gotta get a ring at all costs, right now" mentality that led to his decision to go play in Miami.

I think the things you mentioned all go into it with a little bit of a hundred other things. But when you put it all in a nice pressure cooker it all boils down to ignorance and arrogance.

Very simply and in a nutshell, not having the decency to call your owner and thank him and tell him your plans, even if the thank you is insincere, is ignorant. It comes from being raised by a borderline crack whore and without any guidance.

Then when the genetic lottery hits and you're handled from 13 to 25 with kid gloves and reverance and when you come to a point that you feel you're above anyone and everyone and don't have to say a simple fucking thank you, well, that's 150 proof arrogance.

Again, I don't begrudge a man choosing where and with whom he wants to work if he has earned that right, which LBJ did. But going about it the way he did has earned him a nice cancer sandwich in my book.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 pm

swerb wrote:I think it's two separate issues.

SD:

Well said and surmised swerb , however you missed the ring left in the ass of the little
princess when gilbert removed his fist.

We'll be back , getting deliberately fucked over removes the Cavs Cherry
and they are now truely part of TCE.

Man without a Country now who has enemies in 50 States .

The one last icon who we thought had his shit together is a fallen idol forever.

Fuckem the blood fued is on.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 pm

The past few months made me dislike him. Leaving made me hate him. "The Decision" made me embarrassed for him. Not calling Gilbert made me ashamed of him.

Even a schmuck working at Mickey D's is expected to give two weeks notice to the boss, not just stop coming into work. When a person does the latter, it reveals serious character flaws. Slightly different situation, but no less revealing. Of course, we have all born witness to these in smatterings here and there over the past 7 years, but they were carefully subdued and hidden. I'm sure everyone figured it out at different points, but the Celtics series should have made it beyond obvious and how that is getting no play (beyond people acting shocked that Gilbert said he quit; how about actually talking about the quitting?) I can only blame on our infantile media.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:But going about it the way he did has earned him a nice cancer sandwich in my book.

Like falling into a puddle of AIDS, the above quote is something I really can get behind. Agree 100% with the post this quote came from. Also believe that he is a frontrunning douchebag. This is totally anecdotal, but having no father may tend to cause the frontrunning, and perhaps much of the cowardly arrogance.

When these blow-offs, Tait the most recent, started piling up a few years ago my admiration for the guy as a mature "different" type of athlete died. It was replaced by a love for his game. That too began to die around the Orlando series. By this years playoffs I was hoping I was wrong, after Game 5 full blown apathy. After the game 6 presser hate. I was so ready to move on quietly. Now I just want him to fall down a flight of steps mouth first onto...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA